Jump to content

News Forum - Tropical storms Lionrock and Kompasu expected to bring extra rain to Thailand


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Get ready for more rain over the next week, just about everywhere around Thailand. Two large tropical storm systems are predicted to pass through Thailand early next week. The storms, named Lionrock and Kompasu, are anticipated to make landfall on Monday. The National Water Command Centre reports that the storms will affect the Northeast and Central regions of Thailand, but the effects also reach as far south as Phang Nga, Ranong and Phuket Due to the repeated interactions between high and low air pressures, the second round of tropical storms is often worse, according to the centre’s deputy director and […]

The post Tropical storms Lionrock and Kompasu expected to bring extra rain to Thailand appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had a wicked lightening and Thunder cell roll through my side of Sathorn just a few ago.  Dropped a load of rain and shook the windows after each lightening strike reverberated with its Thunder.  Thought Zeuss was dropping lightening bolts on the Condo.

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Rain said:

Huh?

Nothing new about it. 

Natural cycle for ages. 

It may be to us but heavy rain and floods always takes this government by surprise 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, gummy said:

It may be to us but heavy rain and floods always takes this government by surprise 😉

...and the rhetorically minded media folks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Had a wicked lightening and Thunder cell roll through my side of Sathorn just a few ago.  Dropped a load of rain and shook the windows after each lightening strike reverberated with its Thunder.  Thought Zeuss was dropping lightening bolts on the Condo.

I hate lightning and thunders

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Bangkok governor Aswin Kwanmuang reports that the Royal Thai Navy has issued 12 water pushing boats to assist the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration in lowering the levels of the Chao Phraya River, due to expected major inflows from the sea once the storms hit.

'water pushing boats' 🤣 🤣 🤣  'lowering the levels of the Chao Phraya River'
I could use a spade to get the same result, heaping the water up on the bank.

Didn't we have some giant fans a couple of years ago to clear the bad air in Bangkok?
I do worry about the people who come up with these idea. I wonder how long they must have been released from a secure institution for the criminally insane?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

'water pushing boats' 🤣 🤣 🤣  'lowering the levels of the Chao Phraya River'
I could use a spade to get the same result, heaping the water up on the bank.

Didn't we have some giant fans a couple of years ago to clear the bad air in Bangkok?
I do worry about the people who come up with these idea. I wonder how long they must have been released from a secure institution for the criminally insane?

I was in Chonburi during the 2011 floods as my lower floor of my house was submerged. I met a barge captain who was lined up to push the water out of the Chao Praya river but was cancelled and he returned to Singapore.

 

All these exotic methods could have all been avoided if a flood way plan made by the late king was actually implemented rather than creating man made pools surrounded by over crowded districts. I just hope that the dams up north have discharged enough water already. 

  • Like 1
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Paco said:

I hate lightning and thunders

Yes, why have they always been known as thunder & lightning storms, when the lightning always comes first?

I think @ThailandRyangot it right!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Bangkok governor Aswin Kwanmuang reports that the Royal Thai Navy has issued 12 water pushing boats to assist the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration in lowering the levels of the Chao Phraya River, due to expected major inflows from the sea once the storms hit."

 

The name Rube Goldberg springs to mind

 

The Rube Goldberg Challenge.png

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

I was in Chonburi during the 2011 floods as my lower floor of my house was submerged. I met a barge captain who was lined up to push the water out of the Chao Praya river but was cancelled and he returned to Singapore.

All these exotic methods could have all been avoided if a flood way plan made by the late king was actually implemented rather than creating man made pools surrounded by over crowded districts. I just hope that the dams up north have discharged enough water already. 

Unfortunately with what's heading inwards right now and predicted to hit Northen Thailand in the next few days I do not think they can help with releasing more water fast enough.  I sure hope Bangkok can be spared but in comparing what happened in 2011 to now, I say batten down the hatches as the water has to flow to the Chao Phrya river and it is already pretty damned full.

  • Like 1
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jason said:

We are slower to address the climate than we are to address Covid 19

All part of the plan Jason....

Back on topic.....

Anyway, at least the extension - that the rain from two weeks prevented, has finally been built.

Hope the bloody roof stays on though....

🌧️

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

the water has to flow to the Chao Phrya river and it is already pretty damned full.

Good comments, @ThailandRyan, and a solid 9 out of 10 for your word play, too . . . classic 😆 !

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, A1taff said:

Very little rain in Udon Thani for a few weeks now 😳

Standby from what the storm track shows this morning.  Supposed to be a whopper and then another one set to blow in behind the first one as well, 11th to the 14th, we shall see if the meteorologists are correct or just collecting a paycheck to be a mouth piece to spout water forth from their lips.

  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, gummy said:

It may be to us but heavy rain and floods always takes this government by surprise 😉

Anything takes this government by surprise. The "we don't plan" and "we have no vision" squad is nearly always unprepared. That is just how they roll. Emergencies interrupt their police protection rackets, and their profit making ability. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Get used to it...this is the new reality....

Been like it this time of year since I have been here, 2019 the water looked like it was going to creep into the house, and the year before my house was surrounded by water. Not so this or last year.

Fingers crossed....😋

  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One would expect a former Moderator to know better than steering a topic of course.

Offenders posts removed and participants be WARNED, no further off-topic nonsense will be tolerated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On "My Khon Kaen" the the great illusionist General Anupong Paochinda, Minister of the Interior visited the Huai Phra area. Phra Lap Subdistrict Municipality, Mueang District, Khon Kaen Province to monitor water management so that water does not flood the inner economic area. So far the water at the D8 floodgate has risen 4 metres and the outflow from the Ubonrat Dam has been reduced to 15 million cubic metres per day. The Interior Minister said that water management by all sectors can be done effectively and if there is no more rain It is expected that in about 10 days the flood situation in Khon Kaen province will begin to unfold. The thing is that this idiot forgot to check the weather report which shows thunderstorms for all next week because of the tropical storm "Lionrock" & "Kampasu" that are approaching from the South China Sea. Plus the Thai Meteorological Department has issued 40% Thunderstorms for Sunday with 60% for Monday to Wednesday and 70% for Thursday & Friday with unknown report at the moment for any further activity for Khon Kaen. So "IF" there is no further rain then the floods should start to ease in 10 days. What an idiot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, El_Trauco said:

"Bangkok governor Aswin Kwanmuang reports that the Royal Thai Navy has issued 12 water pushing boats to assist the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration in lowering the levels of the Chao Phraya River, due to expected major inflows from the sea once the storms hit."

The name Rube Goldberg springs to mind

The Rube Goldberg Challenge.png

So these buffoons are still in office to demonstrate that their levels of stupidity have not diminished in 10 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Russell said:

On "My Khon Kaen" the the great illusionist General Anupong Paochinda, Minister of the Interior visited the Huai Phra area. Phra Lap Subdistrict Municipality, Mueang District, Khon Kaen Province to monitor water management so that water does not flood the inner economic area. So far the water at the D8 floodgate has risen 4 metres and the outflow from the Ubonrat Dam has been reduced to 15 million cubic metres per day. The Interior Minister said that water management by all sectors can be done effectively and if there is no more rain It is expected that in about 10 days the flood situation in Khon Kaen province will begin to unfold. The thing is that this idiot forgot to check the weather report which shows thunderstorms for all next week because of the tropical storm "Lionrock" & "Kampasu" that are approaching from the South China Sea. Plus the Thai Meteorological Department has issued 40% Thunderstorms for Sunday with 60% for Monday to Wednesday and 70% for Thursday & Friday with unknown report at the moment for any further activity for Khon Kaen. So "IF" there is no further rain then the floods should start to ease in 10 days. What an idiot.

Never doubt the true levels of Thai education

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use