Moderna Vaccination Registration at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya

kerryd

There is a new notice on the BHP website for people who want to register to buy (not free) Moderna vaccinations - to be delivered between January-March 2022.
Registration starts on 18 Sept (today) at 09:00.

(No, no one here has a clue why we are expected to pay for this or why it's not available until January or later. It's not mandatory so if you don't want/need this one, you are free to ignore it.)

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/packages-and-promotions/online-packages-en/item/3082-moderna-vaccine-lot-2-en.html

It's 1,650 baht for 1 dose (not including any doctor's fees if you need a consultation or additional treatment).

(Note that other private hospitals have been offering this for a couple months now, at 3,300 baht for two doses. Supposedly available starting in October.)

You have to register and pay via the Line app - on your phone - though.)

Been trying for 10 minutes now, but I don't think the link will be active until 9 as right now it just goes to a blank page.

We did this through the Thonburi Health Group several months ago for October (possible) delivery.

The only information we've received since paying are some graphics - only in Thai - that boil down to telling us that if we received another vaccination beforehand and don't partake of the Moderna, we lose our money.  They also sent another offering the chance to pay for a different Moderna offering beginning in March.

They did say, in their original offering, that if they were unable to procure the vaccines, we'd receive a refund.

As my wife and I have received other vaccines, in the meantime, we are probably going to pass our Moderna reservations to family or friends, if they actually come through.

I also registered elsewhere for a Moderna vaccine in October - all going well.

The way the news is regarding "booster shots" it seems like I'll probably need it anyways. Odd that they can get Sinovac, AZ and Pfizer here and now (and for free) but not the Moderna for some reason.

Thai friends have had both Sinovac shots already. Not as good as the others but still helps a bit. Maybe. Especially if they can get a shot of something better as well.

Waiting for them to tell me that I'll need  2-3 booster shots every year. Won't that drive people batty !!

• 1 month later...