Please stop slandering Chinese vaccines!

Bob20

The Chinese are thin-skinned and their "vaccine diplomacy" is blowing up in their faces because they rushed to be first and put out a vastly inferior product.  They can't handle the criticism, next they will have a social media campaign to boycott all of those criticizing their shitty vaccines.

It's the Chinese way.

Call a spade a spade...Sinovac sucks.  Sinopharm still seems okay, though.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

The Chinese vaccines perform poorly and are very expensive for what they deliver.

That is not slander.  Those are facts.

Just now, thai3 said:

Why do what the CCP bully boys want, just report the truth- Chinese vaccines are the least effective

I love how in the facebook post the spokesperson says that they provided the vaccines for the good of the Thai people. And for such a great price too! They really bent over backwards to help. More expensive than Pfizer and only to combat a virus that originated in their country in the first place.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

Requested by a spokesperson for the Chinese embassy in Bangkok.

perhaps there should be a forum rule that the word Chinese is always preceded by the word communist.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Think we should go back to calling Covid 19 what it is, "Chinese" virus, just to see how loudly they whinge.

Still have Spanish flu, Hong Kong flu etc, only WHO suck ups to China changed it to Covid 19.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

I love how in the facebook post the spokesperson says that they provided the vaccines for the good of the Thai people. And for such a great price too! They really bent over backwards to help. More expensive than Pfizer and only to combat a virus that originated in their country in the first place.

Oh yeah?

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/essex/belleville/2020/04/30/belleville-nj-mayor-tests-positive-coronavirus-antibodies/3057925001/

I thought you were a science fan?

Ahem ahem.  I don't believe the topic was about the origin of the virus, but the Chinese embassy's plea: Please stop slandering Chinese vaccines!

Why is it so bloody hard to stay on the topic instead of floating your pet theories on every damned thread?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, palooka said:

Think we should go back to calling Covid 19 what it is, "Chinese" virus, just to see how loudly they whinge.

Still have Spanish flu, Hong Kong flu etc, only WHO suck ups to China changed it to Covid 19.

Some historians think the Spanish flu originated from China, spread to the USA then to Europe and around the world

5 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Requested by a spokesperson for the Chinese embassy in Bangkok.

Can we close all the topics that have negative comments please?

But we are only quoting the Chinese ….

https://apnews.com/article/china-gao-fu-vaccines-offer-low-protection-coronavirus-675bcb6b5710c7329823148ffbff6ef9

But the director of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Gao Fu, said at a conference Saturday their efficacy rates needed improving.

“We will solve the issue that current vaccines don’t have very high protection rates,” Gao said in a presentation on Chinese COVID-19 vaccines and immunization strategies at a conference in the southwestern city of Chengdu. “It’s now under consideration whether we should use different vaccines from different technical lines for the immunization process.”

I can see why they have stopped buying it.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, palooka said:

Nah. A while ago - several decades - it was realized (finally) that naming a disease after a place was 1) inaccurate - witness Marburg fever - and 2) had actual economic consequences for the place it was named for - witness Lassa fever - so they stopped doing that. Ebola is named after a river. I don't think that it was a good idea because it's tough to come up with good names and medical practitioners tend to be humorless and unimaginative - witness COVID.

But to your point: It's definitely not the Chinese virus - that would be like calling Lyme Disease, the American Disease. But Wuhan virus, sure. It's accurate - regardless of whether it came from bat-spit, pangolin snot, or incompetent lab workers.

And finally, back to the topic. I think there is some merit to the Chinese dishwater vaccines in that they are currently the only whole-virus vaccines out there. Our bug is a simple one, only 28 proteins, but all of the fancy vaccines only target one: the nefarious spike protein. Should a significant mutation occur to that one protein those vaccines essentially become placebos. Having anything in the immune system bank against the other 27 proteins would be a definite plus.

My plan, when I next return to Thailand, is to get the Sinopharm on top of my Pfully Pfizered regimen, just to get something in my bank for when that spike protein mutation eventually happens.

7 minutes ago, JamesE said:

Nah. A while ago - several decades - it was realized (finally) that naming a disease after a place was 1) inaccurate - witness Marburg fever - and 2) had actual economic consequences for the place it was named for - witness Lassa fever - so they stopped doing that. Ebola is named after a river. I don't think that it was a good idea because it's tough to come up with good names and medical practitioners tend to be humorless and unimaginative - witness COVID.

But to your point: It's definitely not the Chinese virus - that would be like calling Lyme Disease, the American Disease. But Wuhan virus, sure. It's accurate - regardless of whether it came from bat-spit, pangolin snot, or incompetent lab workers.

And finally, back to the topic. I think there is some merit to the Chinese dishwater vaccines in that they are currently the only whole-virus vaccines out there. Our bug is a simple one, only 28 proteins, but all of the fancy vaccines only target one: the nefarious spike protein. Should a significant mutation occur to that one protein those vaccines essentially become placebos. Having anything in the immune system bank against the other 27 proteins would be a definite plus.

My plan, when I next return to Thailand, is to get the Sinopharm on top of my Pfully Pfizered regimen, just to get something in my bank for when that spike protein mutation eventually happens.

That's a sensible way of looking at it. It's also the theory behind mixing and matching, although they then don't pick the most logical options and start using it before finishing proper trials.

The only "hole" in the plan is the waning efficiency of the vaccines. You'd have to keep boostering up even if there's never a severe mutation. 

I'd now bet on such a mutation to be found (and that the chances it would be found first in me are negligible) and a vaccine to be prepared quickly, as basically we already have 99% of the information to do so. Pfizer have said at this time, if they found a mutation today, they'd have a working version 2.0 ready for distribution within 3 months. And others will be out to beat them.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

The only "hole" in the plan is the waning efficiency of the vaccines. You'd have to keep boostering up even if there's never a severe mutation. 

This was expected (although lost in the noise over the vaccines' unexpected efficacy) as coronavirus immunity is naturally short lived. I think with COVID the antibody half-life was on the order of a few months. So a booster was always in the cards, we were just in denial (as humanity tends to be...). It's not the vaccines that are waning, it's our immune system's response to the proteins produced by the vaccines. (Another trend: humanity's need to blame something other than ourselves...) By the time the waning starts, the vaccines have been long cleared from our systems.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JamesE said:

This was expected (although lost in the noise over the vaccines' unexpected efficacy) as coronavirus immunity is naturally short lived. I think with COVID the antibody half-life was on the order of a few months. So a booster was always in the cards, we were just in denial (as humanity tends to be...). It's not the vaccines that are waning, it's our immune system's response to the proteins produced by the vaccines. (Another trend: humanity's need to blame something other than ourselves...) By the time the waning starts, the vaccines have been long cleared from our systems.

I know, even the spike proteins are gone within weeks. But you've got to keep it understandable too. I don't want each post to become a book 🥴

• Like 1

Everything 'Made in China' is usually crap, this is no exception. 

I still don't know how I managed to work there for five years. 

Edited by Bubbleboy

8 hours ago, ConsoleCowboy said:

To be honest sinovac is the only vaccine any real educated person would even consider....

Providing that wasn't sarcasm, at it's finest and you really believe this, could you share your reasoning with us, please.  I am sure it's quite interesting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MrStretch said:
8 hours ago, ConsoleCowboy said:

To be honest sinovac is the only vaccine any real educated person would even consider....

Providing that wasn't sarcasm, at it's finest and you really believe this, could you share your reasoning with us, please.  I am sure it's quite interesting.

No sarcasm at all by @ConsoleCowboy, he is fully correct and I am of same conviction.  I will avoid ANY covid-vaccine, but if circumstances force me to get it I will definitely opt for a 'traditional' vaccine-technology one like Sinovac. 

When you do some research on these mRNA gene-modifiers (Pfizer/Moderna) and Adeno-vector vaccines (AstraZeneca/J&J), not the pharma-paid for mainstream-media propaganda but what bonafide doctors confronted with the results and scientists that aren't bought are saying, you might reconsider your vax-enthusiasm.   To see where we are heading when going into that 'dead'-end street, do follow what is happening in Israel, then you cannot but wonder why most countries are copying that fore-runner example.

Pretty sure that this post will get slammed.  Don't care a bit about that, because I am not posting for the vax-crowd but for the 'on the fencers' that have growing doubts about the vaccine solution/failure and the almost daily new surprises that are emerging. 

Ask yourself the question: Would I have opted for the jab a couple of months ago knowing what we know or realize now > that they do not protect you from getting infected, that their protective efficacy is waning rapidly resulting in a need for 'booster' shots, that a vaxxed person can still transmit the virus when infected and is more likely to do so as his early symptoms are suppressed, and that the 'regained freedom' from the jabs did turn out to be a broken promise. On top of that > that a healthy person with a non-compromised immune system or underlying conditions like obesity or diabetes, will as good as certain beat the virus naturally with the priceless Bonus of then having the not-fading and far superior natural immunity against the virus and its variants.  And finally that highly effective preventive/curative Protocols are available (far more effective than the selective and waning vaccine-protection) when inevitably you will catch the virus.

China has lost major face not only for releasing the virus, spreading the virus, but also for producing an ineffective vaccine. However, my friend, who is very vaccine hesitant, says if forced at gunpoint to choose one vaccine to take, he'd choose the Chinese vaccine as it would have the least impact, more like a saline solution than a vaccine. lol

• Like 4