News Forum - Oops, I did it again. Promised Pfizer, given alternatives.

Thaiger

MESSAGE TO THE THAIGER… “After the Bang Sue fiasco, you’d have thought the government would have learnt a little about organisation and staggering time slots, if not individual appointments – but we were sent emails by MedPark at 10.40pm on Thursday, promising a Pfizer shot… “anytime between 8am-4.30pm on 28th OR 29th Aug”. We were immediately suspicious because as far as we know, there hasn’t been a second delivery of Pfizer after the US donated 1.5m of (soon-to-be-expiring) doses about 6 weeks ago, which themselves, were distributed rapidly (& opaquely)… so where have these precious Pfizer shots come from? Nevertheless, […]

The post Oops, I did it again. Promised Pfizer, given alternatives. appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I signed up to have my second shot location for AZ vaccine changed from Bang Sue to Pattaya. I submitted the form several days ago but to date no acknowledgment, no acceptance, no appointment, nothing. Absolutely no feedback. Very frustrating.

• Like 3

Wow, that must be about as safe as going to immigration to do the 90 day report ?

So the plan got screwed again, not surprised really, for it to have worked would have meant the government had to think collectively as one (everyone knows that is never going to happen). I guess for those who didn't get a shot of whatever it's back to the waiting game again for the next donation or restock.

Only in Thailand. 555

• Haha 2

I went to Medpark 2 weeks ago and got AZ. I would have to say it was the best run event I have ever been to in Thailand. In and out withing an hr and that included 30 mins waiting after the jab. 

I give them 9/10 !

• Like 2

I'm living around Roiet and I didn't have any problem, when I get my first AZ it was very nice in 30 minutes all was okay.

On 9/10 I will have my second AZ.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BillR said:

I signed up to have my second shot location for AZ vaccine changed from Bang Sue to Pattaya. I submitted the form several days ago but to date no acknowledgment, no acceptance, no appointment, nothing. Absolutely no feedback. Very frustrating.

Yes, that is so often the story, re many of the HD's websites not responding in a timely manner, if at all! Sorry that your debut post is on such a sad note, but thanks for that, anyway!

Hello, BillR and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

50 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

fiasco

The more these fiascos occur, people just won’t turn up for a vaccination. And will make it hard for the Government when they do have the vaccines the people want.

10 minutes ago, Atlas_Aus said:

I went to Medpark 2 weeks ago and got AZ. I would have to say it was the best run event I have ever been to in Thailand. In and out withing an hr and that included 30 mins waiting after the jab. 

I give them 9/10 !

Ha-ha . . . so good to see a happy vax review, espec after the sad tale, 2 posts previous to yours. And sorry I missed your debut post, last month . . . secretary on a long coffee-break methinks!

Hello, Atlas_Aus and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

15 minutes ago, Graham said:

Wow, that must be about as safe as going to immigration to do the 90 day report ?

So the plan got screwed again, not surprised really, for it to have worked would have meant the government had to think collectively as one (everyone knows that is never going to happen). I guess for those who didn't get a shot of whatever it's back to the waiting game again for the next donation or restock.

Only in Thailand. 555

I will say the most dangerous part of going to immigration for me is the trip. I scanned the completed form print so I can print it out and sign it usually there isn't many people so I hand it over with my passport and usually in a few minutes I'm done 

I went to Medpark for first dose of AZN all went well and quickly. But I caught covid from the visit. Had to be from there as I went nowhere else. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Confused !!

The headline states “given alternatives” but if you read the full story that is never confirmed.

Quote :

“We were immediately suspicious because as far as we know, there hasn’t been a second delivery of Pfizer after the US donated 1.5m of (soon-to-be-expiring) doses about 6 weeks ago, which themselves, were distributed rapidly (& opaquely)… so where have these precious Pfizer shots come from?

Nevertheless, the slim to vanishing chance of getting the “good stuff” was enough for us to at least go to MedPark this afternoon and see if it was worth the risk.

The attached photos show the initial queue outside, filing towards umpteen rows of screening checkpoints, before ‘customers’ are sent inside to wait their turn.

We didn’t even join the queue, but I suspect the brave souls who did, would have spent many high risk hours waiting, only to be finally told the promised Pfizer vac had run out & they were to be given SinoVac or Thai-produced AZN instead.”

How does the writer know that Pfizer wasn’t given ??, he didn’t join the queue and only suspected ??

It has been reported that part of the Pfizer donation would expire on Sept 21 hence the opportunity for more people to get their first Pfizer jab on 28/29 August.

So did people get Pfizer or not, seems like a confusing/misleading headline to me.

I received my first shot of Pfizer in korat through  medpark korat go for second shot 14th September  well organised  in and out 2 hours no problem  at all 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

So did people get Pfizer or not, seems like a confusing/misleading headline to me.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story / headline... :) 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Photobenzman said:

I'm living around Roiet and I didn't have any problem, when I get my first AZ it was very nice in 30 minutes all was okay.

On 9/10 I will have my second AZ.

Wow! . . . two happy vaxing reviews on the bounce. That must be a record! And your debut post, too, so thanks for that!

Hello, Photobenzman (cool name!) and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Happy posting

King Cotton

18 minutes ago, Steve_t said:

I went to Medpark for first dose of AZN all went well and quickly. But I caught covid from the visit. Had to be from there as I went nowhere else. 

Yikes, that is a drastic contrast from the last few happy vaxing accounts! Hope you soon recover and many thanks for this, your debut post, too!

Hello, Steve_t and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Happy posting

King Cotton

21 minutes ago, Rossco said:

I received my first shot of Pfizer in korat through  medpark korat go for second shot 14th September  well organised  in and out 2 hours no problem  at all 

This is getting unbelievable . . . yet another happy vaxing tale! And your debut post, too, so many thanks for that!

Hello, Rossco and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Happy posting

King Cotton

24 minutes ago, Hulu said:

After registration nothing happens, in Ubon. 

Ha-ha . . . that puts the happy-vax to the not-so-happy vax tales at 3 to 2! Let's hope the 'happies' rule the day and sorry that yours was a sad one. And your debut post, too, so thanks for that.

Hello, Hulu and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Happy posting

King Cotton

Edited by King Cotton

This is false news. I have been there yesterday and I got Pfizer. It took long, but it was good handled.
We have already appointment for the second shot.
That picture was taken at about 3 PM or so. We went at 11:30 and there was a much shorter line.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wow, for a prejudicial article, you should adjust your view on the Thai peoples organization skills.  I was there yesterday in a even bigger queue that on the picture. After two short hours with follow ups at every steps, i was vaccinated with Pfizer and assigned a new appointment.  This was not only done with efficiency, but also with the typical Thai pleasant service level and a smile from the staff.
Next time, do not let your prejudicial mind stop you and assume the negative, but try before complaining.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Anecdotally Pfizer doesn't seem all that much better with regards to curbing the spread of the virus. On a personal level even AZ is just fine and there's no need to obsess about Pfizer. We're all going to need the boosters anyway eventually...

• Like 3

The two posts above prove that this thread is Fake News  ……. or will Thaiger print anything without checking ??

Edited by DwizzleyMatthews

Hi, I received the email late on Thursday night with a confirmation to receive Pfizer vaccine at MedPark on Saturday. I arrived early morning at 7:30am to queue, with only about 30 people ahead of me. I have yo say MedPark is extremely well run and the whole process was very smooth. And yes, I received Pfizer vaccine as I double checked with the nurse giving me the jab and viewed the vile. I was in an out within about an hour.  The staff where all very professional at MedPark.

I would have to say that the title of the story is a little misleading, as whilst there was Astra Z & Sinopharm also being administered, I received Pfizer, not an alternative. 
I read in your story that you didn’t even go in to confirm and seems like you didn’t ask anyone if they did indeed receive Pfizer. Well, on the 18th Sept, there will be the second round dose for those who received it on the 28th Aug. Just a suggestion, but perhaps try checking out MedPark at 7:30am, instead of the late afternoon. Of course later in the day is going to be busy! Given that the wait area is quite small, it might appear busier than usual, however, it also moves quite quickly. 

• Like 3

I got my first Pfizer jab at MedPark and will, hopefully, get my second on September 2nd. I was given a specific time for my first jab and, like Atlas_Aus I was in and out in less than an hour, including the 30 minutes wait for observation post vaccination. However, the second jab does not have an appointment time, but just says "anytime between 10am and 4pm", so I wonder if the second shot will be as well organised as the first one was. I will post here and let you know. Having seen the photo here and the comments, I will go to Med Park early on 2nd.

My wife, who is Thai has not had a jab yet. She got an appointment for Sinovac but turned it down, and we have signed up, and paid for Moderna for her, so let's wait and see how long that takes to arrive.

• Like 1