News Forum - Oops, I did it again. Promised Pfizer, given alternatives.

Thaiger

5 minutes ago, Lifeboat said:

So which is it@Thaiger ?  You suspect  they ran out, or you know for sure that they ran out.  You realize many already have an appointment for a follow up "Jab" starting in a couple of days? So are you speculating that MedPark has ran out of the alloted 2nd dose that patients  have appointments to receive.   Suspect or speculation is not good news reporting.   Your article has people panicking who already have received the first Pfizer dose and have appointments for their 2nd.  Why would you post suspect or speculation?  A professional reporter would never speculate and would report facts.  So are they out of Pfizer?  Do they have the promised 2nd dose they have already made appointments for?

Thaiger have made a news item from a report from someone who admits to “ not entering the queue “ and “ suspects “ that Pfizer was substituted with another vaccine when posters on here have confirmed that they got Pfizer at MedPark yesterday.

Today MedPark is still open for walk-in Pfizer vaccinations, yet reading the headline here those considering this option could be put off.

Poor news reporting based on hearsay, I am surprised this topic is still open.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

Did you get the yellow vaccination passport at Phayathai hospital on the day of your second dose? I am interested because I want to get mine ASAP after dose 2 so I can hopefully travel again soon 

Found the link where i posted the info on this site, you can read up on what you need / where to go below, or on the reddit link I posted a few seconds ago above  - 

12 minutes ago, shanghailoz said:

No, you have to go to another place for it.

Check my post history, I made a few notes about it, or check reddit where I also documented it - https://www.reddit.com/r/Thailand/comments/pahgei/thailand_covid_vaccination_proof_types/

Thanks. I was actually expecting it to be issued by a government department rather than by the hospital and your posted information confirmed that. It’s important to note that in order to get the yellow passport you need to have a flight booked. I won’t be booking anything until I get a better understanding of where travel restrictions/ quarantine requirements are going so I can relax for a while until I make my mind up whether to travel to UK for Xmas or not. Current requirements both in Thailand and UK make travel prohibitively expensive and inconvenient so I will be patient and see what happens 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Thaiger have made a news item from a report from someone who admits to “ not entering the queue “ and “ suspects “ that Pfizer was substituted with another vaccine when posters on here have confirmed that they got Pfizer at MedPark yesterday.

Today MedPark is still open for walk-in Pfizer vaccinations, yet reading the headline here those considering this option could be put off.

Poor news reporting based on hearsay, I am surprised this topic is still open.

I think it’s called a site traffic generation tactic but it’s not very helpful in these trying times. 

3 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

I think it’s called a site traffic generation tactic but it’s not very helpful in these trying times. 

Indeed, not helpful at all to those seeking vaccines, in particular Pfizer.

I think it could be almost called …….. dare I say it …….. fake news ??

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

Thanks. I was actually expecting it to be issued by a government department rather than by the hospital and your posted information confirmed that. It’s important to note that in order to get the yellow passport you need to have a flight booked. I won’t be booking anything until I get a better understanding of where travel restrictions/ quarantine requirements are going so I can relax for a while until I make my mind up whether to travel to UK for Xmas or not. Current requirements both in Thailand and UK make travel prohibitively expensive and inconvenient so I will be patient and see what happens 

Booking a flight is not too high a bar.
Remember, you don't necessarily have to pay for the flight - just book it; and show them the booking.

If you don't need it though, I wouldn't worry for now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Reading Richard Barrow who is measuring CO2 in various places. CO2 is a measure of air exhaled from other people's lungs. 800 is safe. Taxis with windows up at 1800. Those minivans to CW have a lot of people breathing!

Thanks for that CO2 info. I guess there'd be plenty of that gas among those queuing for their jabs! And your debut post, too, so thanks for that!

Hello, unblocktheplanet and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

Edited by King Cotton

1 hour ago, Aezmirai said:

A big problem with the vaccine rollout is that, yes foreigners and those groups with underlying health conditions has a higher priority of being vaccinated first, but what about us, normal thai citizens. I have been waiting to get vaccinated for over 4 months and it doesn't seem like I'll get my first dose soon either. Problem with the website during registration and giving vaccines to (VIPs) first, meanwhile us normal citizens couldn't even get out first dose. The management is corrupted and this has to be changed ASAP!

Websites, those damned websites . . . haven't they been just one big PITA? Seriously, though, you make most valid points and on your debut post, too, so thanks for that!

Hello, Aezmirai and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

In Trang under 60 applied on Mor Prom for 2x AstraZeneca then when came my time mixed dose Sinovac / AstraZeneca no good to Australian if thinking to visit family when borders opened. I called my Australian GP to find out he advised 2x AstraZeneca or 2x Pfizer or 2x Moderna or 1 x Johnson and Johnson is our options if wanting to register our vaccines in Australia to avoid been tested every few days to enjoy life when borders open.

So applied for expatvac.consular.go.th for 2x Pfizzer or 2x AstraZeneca have heard nothing back after 1st confirmation email. on 13th August they came out saying they could not guarantee what vaccine would be offered. So I then immediately ordered 2 x Moderna vaccines for 1st Quarter 2022. My wife and Children all taken Chinese vaccines or split regime which now means they can't register vaccination in Australia.

I am wondering now what Thai Government plans to do to fix system so when this is over Thai's can travel freely and enjoy holiday. As Europe Green pass will not accept Sinovac AstraZeneca or 2x Sinovac a singular Pfizzer booster one would imagine not solve the issue as it still not boosting an approved vaccination regiment.

• Like 1

I got my shot of pfizer a week ago but I saw so many people, when I saw the bottle with my name on it, I asked to see it, I could only go for the label Pfizer, so fine with it my Seco shit is 17 September I can not imagine they will still have Pfizer, even if they told me before my first shot I get both Pfizer shots, we will see on the 17 or they try to betrade me, if so... the government will hear me speaking from the north if thailand, because I am fed up with lies and the tricks they try to pull.

• Like 1

Here's another happy vaccer.  Registered at Med Park Wednesday, but didn't get the promised reply within 24 hours.  I emailed the hospital on Thursday afternoon and received a written reply that evening telling me that I had the requested appointment Friday at 10 am.  I showed up by 9.30 was jabbed by about 9.50 and was out the door about 10.20.  I might have received exceptional service because I'm 72 and must look about 102 based on the solicitous treatment I received including a Pfizer jab.

Yes this was the third time I have registered somewhere and the first time anything happened but this time was great.  Thank you Med Park staff and yes even the government of Thailand (no I don't say that often).

• Like 1

Yup, drove to Chaiyaphum, waited - not too long - for a paper promising Pfizer in the future. Oh, boy¡ Can't wait. Wait, yes I can and will. I am getting tired of my bedroom, though. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bonefish said:

Here's another happy vaccer.  Registered at Med Park Wednesday, but didn't get the promised reply within 24 hours.  I emailed the hospital on Thursday afternoon and received a written reply that evening telling me that I had the requested appointment Friday at 10 am.  I showed up by 9.30 was jabbed by about 9.50 and was out the door about 10.20.  I might have received exceptional service because I'm 72 and must look about 102 based on the solicitous treatment I received including a Pfizer jab.

Yes this was the third time I have registered somewhere and the first time anything happened but this time was great.  Thank you Med Park staff and yes even the government of Thailand (no I don't say that often).

Ah, another happy vaccer! . . . scores now 7 'Happy reviews' : 2 'Unhappy ones'. And you debut post, too, so thanks for that!

Hello, Bonefish and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Happy posting

King Cotton

15 minutes ago, Loonglick said:

Yup, drove to Chaiyaphum, waited - not too long - for a paper promising Pfizer in the future. Oh, boy¡ Can't wait. Wait, yes I can and will. I am getting tired of my bedroom, though. 

Ha-ha! . . . scores now 8 : 2 in the happy vaccies favour and sorry I missed your debut post, earlier.

Hello, Loonglick and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Happy posting

King Cotton

5 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

...BTW, FDA in the US just approved (a few days ago) the extension of Pfizer to 3 months after exp date as long as held at the long term storage temp -90 to -60C.  Not sure Thailand will follow or even knows of it yet...

Wow. That's amazing. How did they do that; did they wave a magic wand and say "abracadabra"?

3 hours ago, Stevejm said:

I can’t complain. I registered online for AZ vaccine at Phayathai 2 hospital. Registration Area looked chaotic initially but I later realized that there were 3 groups going through ( AZ, Sinovac and Sinopharm). My appointment time was 2pm and I was jabbed at 2.01pm with no more than a few minutes wait at each stage of the process. 2nd jab appointment in October. If that goes as well as the first I will be well pleased

That was pretty much my experience as well. When I asked if I was supposed to get any paperwork to confirm the jab, I got a deer in the headlights look. I won’t leave the hospital after the second one until I have said confirmation. Looking forward to it on October 15!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Steve_t said:

I went to Medpark for first dose of AZN all went well and quickly. But I caught covid from the visit. Had to be from there as I went nowhere else. 

Oh wow ,Sorry to hear that !  This concerns a lot of people who have hidden away ,so to speak and only gone out  of their  safe spaces for necessities ! 

When I went for my Pfizer last Monday in Udon ,it seemed the nurses just had to stick their face in  front of mine, as they conversed! I'm like, get out of my damm face ,lady !

Last Monday when I went for the Pvax in Udon at Rajaphat ,I took this pic of the paper work .The staff cut off my details and left me with the bottom portion with a return date and a nurse signature 11B087AB-D6AF-4EEA-A004-0A6B57964C1B.thumb.jpeg.a82cf80ae0a022a49ad6e22dbebfc566.jpeg

Edited by riclag

6 hours ago, Steinar said:

Wow, for a prejudicial article, you should adjust your view on the Thai peoples organization skills.  I was there yesterday in a even bigger queue that on the picture. After two short hours with follow ups at every steps, i was vaccinated with Pfizer and assigned a new appointment.  This was not only done with efficiency, but also with the typical Thai pleasant service level and a smile from the staff.
Next time, do not let your prejudicial mind stop you and assume the negative, but try before complaining.

When I got my first shot  the staff said wait for your number to be called ! The hall was very loud with conversation . So soon there after they started giving out instructions lol between the Thai accent and noise you couldn't hear. 

They started on one side of the hall ,which was partially screened off ,so the other side, seen the shots being administered by going to each chair. To top it off the Thai W/Gfd started to pull their falang husbands over to that side to cut in front and sit down in the seats that were left vacant from previous vaxers.

Shortly there after it was a stampede  and the staff controlled the situations All in all it was orderly after.

So I blame the situation to inexperience in dealing with a first time event,for that location !

It happens, !

Its better than musical chairs ,as I'm accustom to when I go to a hospital waiting to be seen by a Dr.

Edited by riclag

Question to wildirishrover,  it that only days between two doses of vaccine ? One today and one on the 2nd. What happened to the recommendation of a gap of weeks between doses ? Is that no longer needed 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gazmo16 said:

Question to wildirishrover,  it that only days between two doses of vaccine ? One today and one on the 2nd. What happened to the recommendation of a gap of weeks between doses ? Is that no longer needed 

For Pfizer, 6 weeks in the real world.

https://www.health.govt.nz/news-media/media-releases/time-between-doses-covid-19-vaccine-extended

• Thanks 1