Rules and Conditions

I was so happy last week that  I had had my vaccine  and if there was an emergency I would be able to go home to the U.K without too much trouble or cost.

WRONG

There are two sets of rules you need to know about -

1. The U.K only approves entry if you are vaccinated with the following vaccines -

Any other vaccine will not get you into the U.K

The sting in the tail -

The above vaccines are only approved (at the moment) if they have been given both doses in -

U.S.A

U.K

European Union

If you were given the vaccine in any other country apart from the above the vaccination is not recognised. 

In time things will change but don't hold your breath.

• Ahn
  • A

Edited by Guest
grammar

1 hour ago, SMUK said:

If you were given the vaccine in any other country apart from the above the vaccination is not recognized.

Source for this info?

22 hours ago, SMUK said:

Any other vaccine will not get you into the U.K

Don't the rules state that you can still enter the U.K without any vaccination and that a vaccination only effects which levels of quarantine that you have to comply with ?

Surely the U.K isn't refusing access to the U.K by British citizens for them not being vaccinated ?

20 minutes ago, SMUK said:

Why is this posted in rules and conditions ? Does the Thaiger give every every single source ? I think not. I spent a long time finding out this information and I think posting this question in this forum is insulting and almost like a flame. I really don't like your clipped attitude like you snap your fingers and no please or thank you. Learn some manners and don't post this type of question in this forum - you need to reply in the forum where the post is.

You would not believe the pushback I have had from mods on some posts, where I literally had to provide them with references and links to things they didn't believe was true.

• Like 1

Yes you have to read up on this, I did not say that UK citizens could not enter the UK. It just means if they are vaccinated from the wrong country or with the wrong vaccine you will have to hotel quarantine and take all the tests.

11 minutes ago, SMUK said:

Why is this posted in rules and conditions ? Does the Thaiger give every every single source ? I think not. I spent a long time finding out this information and I think posting this question in this forum is insulting and almost like a flame. I really don't like your clipped attitude like you snap your fingers and no please or thank you. Learn some manners and don't post this type of question in this forum - you need to reply in the forum where the post is.

You may have misinterpreted the reason why a member was asking for the source. Many think it is to challenge what has been said. But for even more members it provides invaluable assistance for determining their own situation in such circumstances. It is like a good community forum thing! I do however think a simple "please" would have been helpful and nice!

To try and answer your question, we apply this as a blanket rule across all members, topics and posts so it is consistent and fair. As much of the above reason mentioned, it is equally a measure to help the Forum moderate "Fake News", yet maintain as much as possible the free exchange of personal opinions.

The rule doesn't apply to The Thaiger itself as their contributions to the forum are subject to more stringent pre-publication editorial scrutiny than can be offered to member's posts. Many of their articles will equally supply a source reference if information in the articles is supplied by an outside location.

Thanks

• Like 3

Hear, Hear, Smithydog.

Well explained.

@SMUK, I don't think that @HappyExpat was being disrepectful at all, it was a polite way of asking where the information is from.  He wasn't challenging you or calling you a liar.

"If you were given the vaccine in any other country apart from the above the vaccination is not recognised." Doesn't make a great deal of sense if you received the Pfizer vaccine, because it's only manufactured in the US and Europe, at this time.

Edited by MrStretch

12 minutes ago, SMUK said:

, I did not say that UK citizens could not enter the UK. 

But you certainly inferred it with your opening statement:

here are two sets of rules you need to know about -

1. The U.K only approves entry if you are vaccinated with the following vaccines -

Any other vaccine will not get you into the U.K “

6 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

Hear, Hear, Smithydog.

Well explained.

@SMUK, I don't think that @HappyExpat was being disrepectful at all, it was a polite way of asking where the information is from.  He wasn't challenging you or calling you a liar.

Exactly. I wanted to know the specific source. If someone  quotes something like TheOnion, then we know better than to take it seriously.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

But you certainly inferred it with your opening statement:

here are two sets of rules you need to know about -

1. The U.K only approves entry if you are vaccinated with the following vaccines -

Sorry If you read it it does not say that and i just wrote the facts from the government websites. 

5 minutes ago, HappyExpat said:

Exactly. I wanted to know the specific source. If someone  quotes something like TheOnion, then we know better than to take it seriously.

Perhaps next time you could be more polite. 

4 minutes ago, SMUK said:

Polite ? With a short demand and no please ? 

Yes, Miss Manners, as it wasn't demanding or said as an accusation.

3 minutes ago, SMUK said:

Sorry If you read it it does not say that and i just wrote the facts from the government websites. 

Sorry but I just copied and pasted what you wrote.

Sorry about having to say this but some of your ideas of good manners and your reading skills are questionable.

Yes now I am inferring....

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

Yes, Miss Manners, as it wasn't demanding or said as an accusation.

Miss Manners ? Are you australian or american !

10 minutes ago, shanghailoz said:

You would not believe the pushback I have had from mods on some posts, where I literally had to provide them with references and links to things they didn't believe was true.

You assume too much. Which would you prefer us to do? Simply delete your posts or maintain as much as possible a consistent Forum rule that requires links on posts where facts are stated or inferred? 

As a Moderator, my personal opinions on a subject, belief or otherwise, does not influence a request for a member to follow a Forum Rule. 

The simple fact is if you had included a link to support a fact or inferred fact at the time, no involvement by the Moderators for that reason would have been needed! So if in doubt, include one or if unsure ask us by PM.

The PM method is also asked to be used if you have any further criticisms you may have about Moderation like you have posted above.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SMUK said:

Miss Manners ? Are you australian or american !

You didn't use "please". So, your question must be considered rude.  

What does my nationality have to do with anything?

8 minutes ago, SMUK said:

Sorry about having to say this but some of ideas of good manners and your reading skills are questionable.

Yes now I am inferring....

You need to review what you wrote:

Quote:

1. The U.K only approves entry if you are vaccinated with the following vaccines -

Quote:

Yes you have to read up on this, I did not say that UK citizens could not enter the UK. It just means if they are vaccinated from the wrong country or with the wrong vaccine you will have to hotel quarantine and take all the tests. “

Reading skills indeed !!

• Like 1

Another Miss Manners no-no.

Let me introduce you to the ignore function...bye-bye.

Edited by Smithydog
Removed edited quote

9 minutes ago, SMUK said:

Look just f*** off you moron

no matter how much you feel you are correct this is just the type of comment we are trying to discourage because it creates really bad feelings between members. and the mods have to police us more and more and we have been down that road Neo and we really don't want to go there. 

please use the ignore button and scream "just f*** off you moron" to yourself while you are sending them to the cornfield. you will feel better.   

i am not from the UK but thank you for your information.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, SMUK said:

Look just f*** off you moron

Not a very polite thing to post, after you commenting on Happy Expats post about not being polite.

Please stop, as comments like the above are neither needed or polite.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1