Almost 1 million Favipiravir pills are taken daily in Thailand

Thaiger

According to the Ministry of Public Health, Covid-19 patients in Thailand are taking almost a million Favipiravir pills each day as infection numbers surge around the country. The daily Covid-19 infection rates have now crossed over the 20,000 mark and with so many new cases, the demand for the antiviral tablets is skyrocketing. The Government Pharmaceutical Organisation has been called upon by Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul to import much more of the Favipiravir pills after the Department of Medical Services announced that the drug should be used on all Covid-19 infected patients. They have planned to stockpile 420 […]

The post Almost 1 million Favipiravir pills are taken daily in Thailand appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Let's see, 200,000+ current cases,but 1M pills consumed a day, have not seen any reports about it being a prophylactic. What is the prescribed daily dosage?

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

52 minutes ago, HappyExpat said:

The Google machine has nothing nice to say about Favipiravir.

When doing a Google search on controversial issues (yes, I use Google too) you will find that the first 10-20 hits only echo the 'common accepted narrative' (and for hot controversial issues, the majority of these hits are biased 'fact-checker' reports).  To get insight in all sides of the picture, it is recommended to look somewhat deeper and ALSO delve into different viewpoints to make up your mind about an issue. 

29 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

When doing a Google search on controversial issues (yes, I use Google too) you will find that the first 10-20 hits only echo the 'common accepted narrative' (and for hot controversial issues, the majority of these hits are biased 'fact-checker' reports).  To get insight in all sides of the picture, it is recommended to look somewhat deeper and ALSO delve into different viewpoints to make up your mind about an issue. 

... Or to put it more explicitly

approved narrative.jpg

According to this early treatment chart, favipiravir(28%) is nowhere near as effective as ivermectin(71%). It's bizarre how ivermectin has become so expensive and hard to find whereas a less-effective treatment is being promoted. It couldn't possibly be that someone stands to make money from pushing favipiravir, could it?

https://c19early.com

EarlyTreatmentChart.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Zool said:

According to this early treatment chart, favipiravir(28%) is nowhere near as effective as ivermectin(71%). It's bizarre how ivermectin has become so expensive and hard to find whereas a less-effective treatment is being promoted. It couldn't possibly be that someone stands to make money from pushing favipiravir, could it?

As this illness persists and countries get more and more desperate to manage life without eliminating it, the truth about Ivermectin will become widespread and governments will start using it.

In the meantime you need to look after yourself and consider the protocols published by the FLCCC Alliance and bear in mind official government health departments will not support Ivermectin for 1 reason..... legal liability. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Thaiger said:

as infection numbers surge around the country. The daily Covid-19 infection rates have now crossed over the 20,000 mark and with so many new cases

"infection numbers" "infection rates" "cases" are not indicators of actual illness. How many are actually sick?

• Cool 1

2 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Mine was actually a rhetorical statement. I ALWAYS use "DuckDuckGo.com" for much more legitimate information, but to say the "DuckDuckGo machine" doesn't sound quite the same. ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zool said:

So if this entity has the power to push one drug and suppress availability of another, why would they push the useless stuff and suppress the more effective? It cannot be about money, as the one holding the supply will also set the price.

I mean, they surely don't want the antivaxxxer quacks to make headlines "patient on favipiravir dies of covid-19", right? Because one death automatically proves that the medication is dangerous and harmful, right?

P.S. Ivermectim price is probably going up because all kinds of idiots are hoarding it like free candy.

Edited by THETRUTH
  • Like 2
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Grumpyoldman said:

As this illness persists and countries get more and more desperate to manage life without eliminating it, the truth about Ivermectin will become widespread and governments will start using it.

In the meantime you need to look after yourself and consider the protocols published by the FLCCC Alliance and bear in mind official government health departments will not support Ivermectin for 1 reason..... legal liability. 

Agreed Grumpster, however it's not legal liability, it's all down to the baht. Hospitals can't go against the "official" health guidance which is go home and get sicker, then come back when oxygen levels drop below 90%.  If anyone in the health care system goes against the official guidance, they lose their job and the hospital loses their Anthony Fauci funding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ttalk said:

If anyone in the health care system goes against the official guidance, they lose their job and the hospital loses their Anthony Fauci funding.

Fauci's funding Thai hospitals too?

... and he'll take away their funding if they don't do as he says?

Wow, I never knew that .....

4 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

"infection numbers" "infection rates" "cases" are not indicators of actual illness. How many are actually sick?

Medically they are - you may not agree, and obviously you're entitled to your own opinion and your own language, but in English which is the language used on this forum that's what it means.

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Fauci's funding Thai hospitals too?

... and he'll take away their funding if they don't do as he says?

Wow, I never knew that .....

Fauci is not funding Thai hospitals, I was referring to the US in case you didn't comprehend.  However, Thailand is doing a slightly better job than the US in regards to when to start treatment, so thank goodness for that.  Too bad though Fauci laid a big Stonker on using IVM as a treatment due to it being off patent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ttalk said:

... Too bad though Fauci laid a big Stonker on using IVM as a treatment due to it being off patent.

Hahaha, love that figure of speech you used > 'laying a big stonker'  ?

12 minutes ago, Ttalk said:

Fauci is not funding Thai hospitals, I was referring to the US in case you didn't comprehend.  However, Thailand is doing a slightly better job than the US in regards to when to start treatment, so thank goodness for that.  Too bad though Fauci laid a big Stonker on using IVM as a treatment due to it being off patent.

Aaah ..... my mistake.  

I thought this was a forum centred around Thailand, and that the topic was about Favipiravir in Thailand.

As usual, though, the Thai aspect and the topic appear to have absolutely nothing to do with what's written here by the usual suspects.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

19 minutes ago, Ttalk said:

Too bad though Fauci laid a big Stonker on using IVM as a treatment due to it being off patent.

"IVM" as a treatment for Covid19?

Really?

... and FWIW I do "comprehend"  what you're referring to by "IVM", but as you clearly have no idea what you've said that puts your medical knowledge neatly into perspective as infertility treatment is hardly appropriate.

• Cool 1

59 minutes ago, Paco said:

Let's stuff people full of medication ? 

Yup, gotta help those struggling pharmaceutical companies make a few quid.

Poor loves...?

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Sad to say, but I agree with you. And you can add Youtube to the list of 'controlling herd-mentality' point of view also.

• Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

7 hours ago, Stonker said:

Medically they are - you may not agree, and obviously you're entitled to your own opinion and your own language, but in English which is the language used on this forum that's what it means.

No opinions required. The article doesn't define the terms. In English the word you're looking for here is Conflate. The article is conflating these terms... These TERMS are not specifically defined within the article, thus the reader erroneously infers they equate to sick people, and they do not. "cases" and the other euphemisms here are often meant to mean a positive PCR test only and do not confer illness without having a designated healthcare professional confirm signs and symptoms. 

• Like 1