Things you shouldn’t do in Thailand

Thaiger

Are you planning a trip or relocating to Thailand? Then you should know what you can and cannot do in the country. The Land of Smiles is a country with unique cultures and traditions that you’re probably unfamiliar with. Yes, Thais are very used to foreigners, and they’re very forgiving. However, that doesn’t mean that you can be careless and do as you wish here. And it’s always best not to make a mistake in the first place. Therefore, do yourself a favour and learn how to be respectful and avoid trouble while travelling in Thailand. Keep reading to learn […]

The post Things you shouldn’t do in Thailand appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"4. Don’t touch anyone’s head

One of the biggest don’ts when you’re in Thailand, is touching someone’s head."

is grabbing their ponytail ok? 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

Whilst their down on their knees working? I'd say so.

• Haha 8

6. Don’t visit places with captured wild animals

It might sound exciting to see wild animals like elephants and tigers from up close and take pictures with them. But did you know that these animals have to go through a brutal process and are often drugged to make them more compliant around visitors? Also, programs offering elephant riding are more likely to be exploitative, overworking the elephants and causing them to die due to exhaustion. Therefore, we advise you to avoid these places and help put an end to this cruel practice.

This point  is not well written, its reads as every wild animal held in captivity in Thailand is miss treated which is not the case. I hope this inaccurate information

does not create additional loss of much needed revenue to  genuine animal welfare organisations. You are 110% correct stop the bad but we need to support the good.

You could have also added a point 9. No sun cream in all national parks, most sain tourist would not be expecting this cancer protecting act to get them into trouble!

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Girl or Boy ??

• Haha 4

I think that is a fairly good list (not sure what number 3 was?  Maybe an unlucky number today? 

For a laugh I may start a topic of all the things you cant do back home but can in Thailand. A few traffic ones as a starter….

1 Ride your bike, and sometimes car or truck up the wrong side of the road. 

2 Blow a whistle at anyone trying to concentrate while reversing their car in to a parking spot. 

3 Drive with no lights on at night. 

I think the crazy list would be too long and break the IT system at Thaiger talk……

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I think that is a fairly good list (not sure what number 3 was?  Maybe an unlucky number today? 

For a laugh I may start a topic of all the things you cant do back home but can in Thailand. A few traffic ones as a starter….

1 Ride your bike, and sometimes car or truck up the wrong side of the road. 

2 Blow a whistle at anyone trying to concentrate while reversing their car in to a parking spot. 

3 Drive with no lights on at night. 

I think the crazy list would be too long and break the IT system at Thaiger talk……

I will add to traffic list.

4. Rent a scooter without a motorcycle license and ride it without helmet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5. Don't point at someone with your foot

5.1 Keep feet lower then the head.

#5.1 is ok for NCC when he is bending the little gals legs over her shoulders. But that is the exception.

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

My wife is Thai, I touch her head all the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

5. Don't point at someone with your foot

5.1 Keep feet lower then the head.

#5.1 is ok for NCC when he is bending the little gals legs over her shoulders. But that is the exception.

wear masks and condoms during sex, i break this one every night

They've missed out do not have 2 birds on the go at the same time ..

especially if you talk in your sleep and end up mentioning the other one's name with dire consequences .. 

Edited by Dedinbed
Sp
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

especially if you talk in your sleep and end up mentioning the other one's name with dire consequences .. 

C'mon....'fess up....?

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

wear masks and condoms during sex, i break this one every night

You naughty little boy. I wish my relationship with my wife was fresh like that. Now we keep the TV on.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Mentioning the other ones name in your sleep is an easy one to get out of, just having a bad dream right. It’s when you do it in the throes of passion. Then you are fuc*ed (no pun intended). 

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Actually you’ve reminded me of a story I read recently about a guy who got caught out due to the face recognition on his phone not being up to scratch. While he was sleeping his girl unlocked his phone by putting it in front of his sleeping face. Full access to Texts, chats and god only knows. Out of curiosity only ( honestly ??) I tried this with a decent Samsung and iPhone. As long as you don’t sleep with your eyes open then the phone won’t unlock. 

• Haha 2
  • Cool 1

7 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

You naughty little boy. I wish my relationship with my wife was fresh like that. Now we keep the TV on.

secret is not to have TV in a bedroom, dude

• Cool 1

31 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

secret is not to have TV in a bedroom, dude

It's a joke. It's not on, I only look at our reflections doing the doinky doink.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

It's a joke. It's not on, I only look at our reflections doing the doinky doink.

Problem comes when you're struggling to keep up with the reflections.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

When that happens then I will go out and buy a massage vibrating bed so neither of us have to do anything except lay there when its on high speed.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dedinbed said:

It works if they both have the same name.

From the article 'don’t take (statues or) pictures of the Buddha outside Thailand. It’s illegal, and you can get a hefty fine if you insist on doing so without special permission.' 

Not sure I understand this. No pictures of  Buddha?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

It works if they both have the same name.

Hmm . . . that narrows the choice somewhat! And must be called Charlene . . . no, it wouldn't work!

2 hours ago, King Cotton said:

I just struggle getting it up.

Not really; colloquially known as man of steel.

*Faraday wakes up abruptly*

erection GIF

• Haha 3