UPDATE: Suspect in Swiss murder in Phuket is a Thai man

Thaiger

UPDATE TO OUR PREVIOUS ARTICLE New details have just emerged in Thai media about the suspect detained today in the murder of the 57 year old Swiss traveller in Phuket found yesterday. The newly obtained information says the suspect is in fact a 27 year old Thai man, and not a 33 year old Burmese man as previously reported. According to Matichon Online, the Thai man allegedly confessed to the murder. He is said to be a native of Phuket who lived nearby and was in the forest “gathering things”, possibly hunting for food, when he bumped into Nicole Sauvain-Weisskopf […]

The post UPDATE: Suspect in Swiss murder in Phuket is a Thai man appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Well thats a turn up isnt it, not a Burmese scapegoat this time, but actually a Thai animal.

Bet the police are kicking themselves that a Thai actually confessed, as their carefully made up scheme to blame yet another Burmese, has been thwarted.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Bet the police are kicking themselves that a Thai actually confessed, as their carefully made up scheme to blame yet another Burmese, has been thwarted.

What scheme?  ...  Why would they have a scheme to blame a Burmese if not guilty, and leave a murderer to potentially attack people (locals, tourists, expats) again in this Phuket neighborhood?

Kudos to the Thai authorities for allowing some Swiss Police observation as to the investigation.   Hopefully the forensic results will support what takes place subsequently.

I live in this neighborhood, so if indeed this is a local who committed the crime, I am very glad to see that he has been caught.   .... 

Supposedly no official announcement yet - and then even after such, one needs to wait for a court to decide.

Edited by oldcpu
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, oldcpu said:

What scheme?  ...  Why would they have a scheme to blame a Burmese if not guilty, and leave a murder to potentially attack people again in this Phuket neighborhood?

you didn't follow the Koh Tao news it appears... guess @colinneilwas referring to this.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Shark said:

you didn't follow the Koh Tao news it appears... guess @colinneilwas referring to this.

Phuket is NOT Koh Tao.   I guess colinneil did not research the back grounds of each island and compare.

Edited by oldcpu
  • Haha 3
  • Angry 2

Just now, oldcpu said:

What scheme?  ...  Why would they have a scheme to blame a Burmese if not guilty, and leave a murderer to potentially attack people (locals, tourists, expats) again in this Phuket neighborhood?

Kudos to the Thai authorities for allowing some Swiss Police observation as to the investigation.   Hopefully the forensic results will support what takes place subsequently.

I live in this neighborhood, so if indeed this is a local who committed the crime, I am very glad to see that he has been caught.   .... 

Supposedly no official announcement yet - and then even after such, one needs to wait for a court to decide.

Clearly you are clueless to the goings on of the police here, have you forgotten the Kao Tao police frame up of 2 poor innocent Burmese?

• Like 8

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

Clearly you are clueless to the goings on of the police here, have you forgotten the Kao Tao police frame up of 2 poor innocent Burmese?

Do you know anything about Thai families in the respective islands.  I guess not.

• Angry 2

Just now, oldcpu said:

Phuket is NOT Koh Tao.   I guess you did not research the back grounds of each island and compare.

Clueless you certainly are, not only Kao Tao, but happens everywhere here, i know i was set up/ jailed due to a senior policeman here telling lies, because he had accepted money to frame me.

• Like 5
  • Angry 1

Just now, colinneil said:

Clueless you certainly are, not only Kao Tao, but happens everywhere here, i know i was set up/ jailed due to a senior policeman here telling lies, because he had accepted money to frame me.

Lies are very different from murder.  You do know that dont' you?

• Haha 1

Just now, oldcpu said:

Lies are very different from murder.  You do know that dont' you?

Never argue with a fool as they will only try to drag you down to their level, so i will not argue with you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

Social media is going strong that the person is a drug addict / alcoholic and may have caved into police pressure and not be the right person.  So IMHO likely its best to wait for forensic proof. 

I also hope the Swiss police observer status helps give confidence to some of the skeptics.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

Never argue with a fool as they will only try to drag you down to their level, so i will not argue with you.

Clearly you do know nothing about the difference between Kao Tao and Phuket.  Its a good thing not to argue.

• Angry 1

one I lived in both Phuket and Koh Tao: a brown bear is still a brown bear.

brown bears: Can be bribed and/or motivated wrongly (Somebody in chain of command example Police Commander, Prime Minister) you name it all want results so you just want to lock/f*ck somebody up.

Do I need to remind you that the brown bears in Phuket allowed the biggest illegal gamble.

• Like 2

Just now, Shark said:

Do I need to remind you that the brown bears in Phuket allowed the biggest illegal gamble.

Tell me again - what do you know of the families ?  Nothing ?  I thought so.

• Angry 1

Just now, oldcpu said:

Tell me again - what do you know of the families ?  Nothing ?  I thought so.

your mr know it all. so by all means. educate the world you have all the wisdom right.

I'll just eat popcorn here and await your wisdom.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 3

oldcpu doesn't matter if its koh Tau or Phuket ANY assault or theft on Tourists are blamed on Burmese. The Thai Rath were first to blame a Burmese native before any facts were known. Next the Re-enactment and finger pointing will be shown but as i stated yesterday his face is already blurred out. I smell a stitch up coming and a swift murder closed to save the reputation of tourist safety.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Shark said:

your mr know it all. so by all means. educate the world you have all the wisdom right.

As I thought - you know nothing but are in the peanut gallery spewing nonsense.

Google is your friend.  With a few days solid work, you should learn a bit about respective families in Phuket and Kao Tao.  Maybe also learn about the reputation of each island wrt rape and murder occurrence, and the known suspicions .... if you have an open mind - which I am pretty convinced you don't.

5 minutes ago, vlad said:

oldcpu doesn't matter if its koh Tau or Phuket ANY assault or theft on Tourists are blamed on Burmese. The Thai Rath were first to blame a Burmese native before any facts were known. Next the Re-enactment and finger pointing will be shown but as i stated yesterday his face is already blurred out. I smell a stitch up coming and a swift murder closed to save the reputation of tourist safety.

My view is it could have been anyone - Foreigner (non-migrant worker), or migrant worker, or local.

There had been no official announcement, and yet the news sources started rushing to post ...  - so one needs to take all of this with a grain of salt.    

Forensic test results will come.   Possibly other evidence as well.   Possibly convict. Possibly exonerate.  And hopefully having a Swiss police observer, will help soothe the skepticism of the MANY skeptics.

I live in this neighborhood.  I want to see the real murderer caught.  

Edited by oldcpu
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

As I thought - you know nothing but are in the peanut gallery spewing nonsense.

Google is your friend.  With a few days solid work, you should learn a bit about respective families in Phuket and Kao Tao.  Maybe also learn about the reputation of each island wrt rape and murder occurrence, and the known suspicions .... if you have an open mind - which I am pretty convinced you don't.

Dude,

I'm still waiting your hard info and proper education because, This google is your friend is lame. You just another keyboard jockey. Trying to get everybody to ignore you.

You have no clue about me, you judge upon my comments and have seriously no idea who I might be. So I continue eating popcorn right here until your educate something or put value out there since that's something your lacking by design.

Go On Popcorn GIF by swerk

• Like 3

This is incredible how he was going to set the poor Burmese man up. I take back my previous comments. How could a Thai do such a crime in a turbulent time for the sand box. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shark said:

You have no clue about me, you judge upon my comments and have seriously no idea who I might be. So I continue eating popcorn right here until your educate something or put value out there since that's something your lacking by design.

Your comments give you away.

• Angry 1

3 minutes ago, Shane said:

This is incredible how he was going to set the poor Burmese man up. I take back my previous comments. How could a Thai do such a crime in a turbulent time for the sand box. 

While generally this is a nice neighbourhood, not all is perfect.  With the pandemic, the # of thefts have increased in the area.  The pandemic has hurt migrant workers financially, has hurt Thai financially, and even some expats (who defend on tourism) have been hurt financially.  I could tell other stories - but I won't. 

I do note this island, and indeed this area, does not have a Kao Tao reputation, and there are good reasons why this is generally a very peaceful area.  Some thou, are too lazy to research the difference and they pontificate nonsense.

As for who could anyone do such a crime?  Sadly, I think there are people from any nationality who can do such evil acts.

• Like 1