Unseat that other forum for reliable information about navigating Thai Immigration. How can you help?

OneAngryJew

I would like to see this forum become the GO TO for accurate Thai Immigration information.  I suggest we all can help, but Thaiger can help itself by:

• Gleaning good information from that other horrid forum and posting it here.
  • Getting the one good moderator over there, namely Ubon Joe.

What do others think?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OneAngryJew said:

I would like to see this forum become the GO TO for accurate Thai Immigration information.  I suggest we all can help, but Thaiger can help itself by:

• Gleaning good information from that other horrid forum and posting it here.
  • Getting the one good moderator over there, namely Ubon Joe.

What do others think?

I have said on many posts before, UJ would not be a good addition at all as he has been completely indoctrinated by his years on TVF, and like all who claim to be  ex US Seals, he will be much happier in Soi 6 Pattaya once it re-opens.

1 minute ago, gummy said:

I have aid on many posts before, UJ would not be a good addition at all as he has been completely indoctrinated by his years on TVF, and like all who claim to be  ex US Seals, he will be much happier in Soi 6 Pattaya once it re-opens.

I never had issues with him. And with me, that is rare.

1 minute ago, OneAngryJew said:

I never had issues with him. And with me, that is rare.

Well you will have no problem buying him a drink then in Soi 6

I said this on another thread.

UJ is good at his job but does make errors and never admits to them, add that to his humourless demeanour and short sharp answers which often don’t explain fully the questions asked by novice posters then I think we would be better off without him.

Every question under the sun , re Thai immigration and more, can be answered by the resident experts Faz and Bluesphinx.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

I said this on another thread.

UJ is good at his job but does make errors and never admits to them, add that to his humourless demeanour and short sharp answers which often don’t explain fully the questions asked by novice posters then I think we would be better off without him.

Every question under the sun , re Thai immigration and more, can be answered by the resident experts Faz and Bluesphinx.

You Sir  have just been awarded the brown nose trophy for the day - well done ?

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

You Sir  have just been awarded the brown nose trophy for the day - well done ?

Yes !!

brown nosing with a mask on is a very highly skilled attribute I will have you know ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Yes !!

brown nosing with a mask on is a very highly skilled attribute I will have you know ?

No it's not!  Most cretins in this country wear the mask below their noses.  They do the same in my country too.

43 minutes ago, OneAngryJew said:

Getting the one good moderator over there, namely Ubon Joe.

I thought he moved here. I remember seeing a “Joe” provide detailed info here a month ago 

I think the crew here, led by Faz, are doing an exceptional job, and UJ isn't needed to make this the "to go" spot for immigration and visas.

Raise a cup to Faz and the others contributing the legal stuff!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

i am 100% convinced this  would not be a good addition to the team

the guys doing it now are just as capable and not as grumpy and even probably  even have a sense of humour

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, poohy said:

i am 100% convinced this  would not be a good addition to the team

the guys doing it now are just as capable and not as grumpy and even probably  even have a sense of humour

I wasn't aware they had anyone.  I retract my Ubon Joe idea.  He can go pound sand.

2 hours ago, gummy said:

I have said on many posts before, UJ would not be a good addition at all as he has been completely indoctrinated by his years on TVF, and like all who claim to be  ex US Seals, he will be much happier in Soi 6 Pattaya once it re-opens.

Balancing beach balls on their nose for the girls ?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Transam said:

I think you lot are being unfair talking about UJ on this forum. UJ has helped a huge number of folk out over many years FOR FREE...He doesn't get paid for doing a lot of homework to help farangs out who ask a question.

Only a big girls blouse would complain about him if he seems grumpy.....?

I am happy that my big girls blouse fits ?

On a more pleasant note my go to person for all my visa requirement's had a very nice lacy blouse on when i met her this week

• Like 1

Never had a problem with UJ and I saw a lot of the great advice he has handed out over the years.

Including the normally patient, polite replies to the questions that get asked over and over and over again by people who won't scroll down 1 page of topic titles to see if the same question has already been asked (a couple of times).

And really, who's to say UJ isn't here already ? Remember, people were told they weren't allowed to use the same usernames as  TVF "mods" here (even if they were the same person).

So anyone answering a visa related question here could be UbonJoe........in disguise.
(And no, it's not me).

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Transam said:

I think you lot are being unfair talking about UJ on this forum. UJ has helped a huge number of folk out over many years FOR FREE...He doesn't get paid for doing a lot of homework to help farangs out who ask a question.

Are you after my brown nose trophy ?

• Haha 3

I'm frankly surprised that anyone would use their TVF username and/or avatar here. Too many bad memories from some, this place would be a fresh start.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Transam said:

I think both UJ and Sheryl make something from their efforts. They work on two fronts: 1) is increasing traffic of TVF via trolls; 2) referrals to agents and or hospitals in mostly Bangkok. 

I don't know about this year but Sheryl brings out the Health Insurance scare yearly. Two of the biggest advertizers on TVF are Visa agencies and Insurance companies. Goes to figure. 

This forum is doing very well without them. If you seak their advise my suggestion is to log into the other forum.

3 minutes ago, HappyExpat said:

I'm frankly surprised that anyone would use their TVF username and/or avatar here. Too many bad memories from some, this place would be a fresh start.

Why should we not use the same name?

I use it, i see no reason to change, nothing to hide, let them clowns see what i think about them.

If you change your user name, they will not be aware that you have changed forums, remember you cannot delete your account over there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, poohy said:

~

Please award yourself 10 extra LIKES ?

[ have to go borrow or steal some back from gummy, forums run out .... ]

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Please award yourself 10 extra LIKES ?

[ have to go borrow or steal some back from gummy, forums run out .... ]

No problem, I'll lend some to you, everyone will like that, well not quite everyone perhaps?

44 minutes ago, HappyExpat said:

Good God, with me, it's not whether I use a name I use over but, but which one?

5 minutes ago, Transam said:

Noooo, just backing up a bloke that has helped me and many others out over the years...?

PS. I doubt very much that UJ is reading here to read my words, I give credit where credit is due...?.

Shame you didn’t bring your sense of humour with you when you joined.

• Haha 1

Just now, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Shame you didn’t bring your sense of humour with you when you joined.

I brought mine.  Where should I put it?