News Forum - Thailand’s Move Forward Party faces possible dissolution

Thaiger

8 hours ago, Fanta said:

Black May doesn’t count? 

Not according to meth head cowslip.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cowslip said:

Yes you are right 50 years ago not 80 as i had suggested...however we know that is not what was being talked about.

...I bet you had to Google that.

You said since WW2 you idoit. 

18 hours ago, butterfly said:

well at least the populace will see first hand how the system is working against them,

and they have no friends up there,

I am pretty certain that the populace has been aware of this for quite some times.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MrStretch said:

It's incredibly disappointing but it's not tough to believe.  The powers that be, wearing their yellow shirts, their military uniforms and their large bank accounts don't want reform. 

They did their best to kill the Red Shirt movement, which threatened them before, and before the current incarnation of that particular Red Shirt group decided to turn their backs on what they initially proclaimed in order to gain power.

That now puts those previous Red Shirts as part of the latest incarnation of the power elite establishment and they, too, are more than happy to see Pita and his  party eliminated to keep the rivers of money flowing into the "correct" pockets.

The election showed us two things; one, that the Thai electorate wants reform and two, they are still a long way from having a proper voice in their own country.

All true, but I offer that the attack on Move Forward has the support of Thaksin and his crew too. Move Forward was a threat to the Thaksin political faction.

Just as the corrupt Thai elites are united in their effort to quash clean government by destroying Move Forward, it is refreshing to see that everyone in the forum is united in their disapproval/disgust at the action.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vigo said:

All true, but I offer that the attack on Move Forward has the support of Thaksin and his crew too. Move Forward was a threat to the Thaksin political faction.

I agree completely, which is why I said: That now puts those previous Red Shirts as part of the latest incarnation of the power elite establishment and they, too, are more than happy to see Pita and his  party eliminated to keep the rivers of money flowing into the "correct" pockets.

1 hour ago, Vigo said:

... it is refreshing to see that everyone in the forum is united in their disapproval/disgust at the action.

I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that many are able to objectively look at the situation, from the outside as it were, as we aren't really allowed to have a dog in this fight.  We can only watch.

4 hours ago, Vigo said:

it is refreshing to see that everyone in the forum is united in their disapproval/disgust at the action.

the red/yellow is from another age,

with a new elvis, that division is gone

and we all know why,

• Like 1

It (the stacked elections) certainly has those with western sensibilities triggered. Particularly, the younger generation of Thais whom have had the good fortune of studying abroad- and there have been a growing number of them in the past twenty years. Amongst my wife’s older friends (50+) the picture is more ambiguous.

Some of them advocate for reform, however there are still a large number that value stability over democracy and that is a very Asian way of thinking. And they point to the turmoil unfolding in the US as to why they prefer the status quo here. And I have to say, I see the merit in their argument.

• Like 1