News Forum - Songkran celebration turns violent in Phitsanulok with gang attack

Thaiger

A gang of youths caused a stir on the streets of Phitsanulok as the first day of Songkran turned violent and resulted in several serious injuries. The incident, which occurred on April 13, began when a group of young men climbed onto a vehicle and sexually assaulted a woman. After being confronted and asked to … …

The story Songkran celebration turns violent in Phitsanulok with gang attack as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Clockwork Orange Thailand. It's not the country I used to know. People are going nuts.

Wonder if the police conducted drug tests ? I had a chance to drive around the city at about 10pm to see how this year’s festivities were going. At that time of night, a lot of traffic filled with youths were into some heavy celebrations. Completely soaked and in a frenzy of dong and dance, and I’m sure fueled by stimulants.

May be UNESCO should have also included violence as part of Songkran when recognizing it as a cultural heritage event. 

• Like 1

"After being confronted and asked to get off, they returned with more than 15 accomplices and launched a fierce assault, which included the use of knives."

Standard cowardly Thai mentality only fight when they have a mob behind them!