News Forum - American man arrested for smashing Thai man’s car in Phuket

Thaiger

Police arrested an American man, who appeared to be drunk, after he smashed the window of a Thai man’s car in Phuket in the early hours of this morning. The 33 year old Thai victim, Tharathit Na Pattalung, filed a complaint at Wichit Police Station at around 5.30am today, April 11. He told police that … …

The story American man arrested for smashing Thai man’s car in Phuket as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Just pull his pants down and whack his buttok with a nice rattan so that he will never smash another car for the rest of his lifetime. We would love such guys to come to Malaysia and perform such acts so that they can feel the real feeling of  caning in our prison. 

• Like 2

"

The penalty is imprisonment of up to three years, a fine of up to 60,000 baht, or both.The American man is under detention at the police station and will be brought to court tomorrow, April 12. He is in Thailand on a 30-day tourist visa, which is due to expire soon."

A couple of months in a Thai jail and a 60,000 baht fine before deportation should be sufficient to make him think twice in future before becoming violent.

• Like 1

The numerous incidents of tourists & longstay foreigners commiting violent, offensive or criminal acts, sometimes frivolously, suggest that Thailand needs to introspect & polish it's image as an easy land of bendable law. Would these offenders dare to do the same in their own country?

5 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Just pull his pants down and whack his buttok with a nice rattan so that he will never smash another car for the rest of his lifetime. We would love such guys to come to Malaysia and perform such acts so that they can feel the real feeling of  caning in our prison. 

Ooooh,Matron.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Another sick comment from you.  Yes, sure you would love for the drunk to visit Malaysia. Malaysia is desperate for tourists now.  I used to like Malaysia until my co-workers explained to me why they had to leave (overt discrimination against ethnic Chinese).  You keep promoting your caning holiday and see if the tourism industry ever recovers. Meanwhile, Thai tourism is on fire it is so hot.

3 hours ago, VitoNiko said:

The numerous incidents of tourists & longstay foreigners commiting violent, offensive or criminal acts, sometimes frivolously, suggest that Thailand needs to introspect & polish it's image as an easy land of bendable law. Would these offenders dare to do the same in their own country?

Yes, they do similar in their own countries.

And let's keep in mind these incidents are infrequent. For every one incident like this, there are many more involving Thais, and they usually have an outcome of death.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vigo said:

Another sick comment from you.  Yes, sure you would love for the drunk to visit Malaysia. Malaysia is desperate for tourists now.  I used to like Malaysia until my co-workers explained to me why they had to leave (overt discrimination against ethnic Chinese).  You keep promoting your caning holiday and see if the tourism industry ever recovers. Meanwhile, Thai tourism is on fire it is so hot.

Yes, we do need tourists like every other country. But we don't entertain those who are causing havoc to the public like drunk, walking naked or performing doggy on the street. By they way if you say that only discrimination against ethnic groups is only happening in Malaysia? It happening in almost every country in one form or another - The ethnic Indians in USA, The aborogines in Australia, The africans in South Africa, The Maori in NZ....and the list goes on never ending my friend. And in all these who is discriminating who? The immigrants are discriminating the indegenous...which I think is more cruel. Have a nice weekend friend

6 hours ago, Vigo said:

@PoolieWell, this comment doesn't fit your "White man racist, China man perfect in every way" narrative.  Looking forward to your public acknowledgement that the CCP's talking points are flawed.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

By they way if you say that only discrimination against ethnic groups is only happening in Malaysia?

Did he say that, Ramanathan?  No he didn't.  Better just to own it than get defensive.

8 hours ago, Vigo said:

My wife won't go to Malaysia for a holiday because she feels uncomfortable. The Malaysians (and Indians), are perverts!

2 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Yes, we do need tourists like every other country. But we don't entertain those who are causing havoc to the public like drunk, walking naked or performing doggy on the street. By they way if you say that only discrimination against ethnic groups is only happening in Malaysia? It happening in almost every country in one form or another - The ethnic Indians in USA, The aborogines in Australia, The africans in South Africa, The Maori in NZ....and the list goes on never ending my friend. And in all these who is discriminating who? The immigrants are discriminating the indegenous...which I think is more cruel. Have a nice weekend friend

Nothing compared to the discrimination against the "Untouchables", (and Muslims), in India.