News Forum - Air India sacks pilot for boozy flight from Phuket

Thaiger

Air India sacked a pilot caught flying under the influence of alcohol following a positive alcohol test conducted after operating a flight from Phuket to India. The captain, who flew a Phuket-Delhi route last week, underwent a breathalyser (BA) test upon arrival in Delhi. In a bold move, Air India is set to lodge a … …

The story Air India sacks pilot for boozy flight from Phuket as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Gee… I assumed all airlines had a zero tolerance for alcohol rule. I guess that’s one more thing to worry about when we fly the friendly skies. 

2 hours ago, Fanta said:

Gee… I assumed all airlines had a zero tolerance for alcohol rule. I guess that’s one more thing to worry about when we fly the friendly skies. 

The vast majority  do, India does not, go figure.  Lesson here, don't fly with an Indian Airline.

P.S, the skies are very far from friendly.  It's one of the most dangerous imaginable environments if you don't know what you are doing, or you break the rules. Deep sea diving is the only other one that comes to mind. 

On 3/28/2024 at 3:05 PM, Thaiger said:

Air India sacked a pilot caught flying under the influence of alcohol following a positive alcohol test

I wonder if he now has a job with Thai Airways?