Husband's responsibility of Thai wife's debts.

Ripa

7 minutes ago, butterfly said:

have you ever been to a Thai court? obviously not,

As I pointed out to the OP at the beginning of this post, my Thai family have just secured a court settlement for 650K Baht in a Thai Court, pertaining to a similar issue to his, so yes, I do know what I'm talking about.  I have also suggested that the OP may like to contact the Lawyer who secured that Court win for us. You on the other hand are just spouting opinion based on nothing,  ignorance, falsehoods and misdirection. 

2 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Stop pushing out rubbish, none of what you say is correct,  Butt out. 

Correct. Someone is unaware of how  liens or garnishments on foreign sourced funds are governed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for your comments, some valuable, some...? . However, almost nobody saw my 2nd question, so I repeat it: 

They claim that because I am married with my Thai wife, the company can withhold the amount from my pension received to my Thai account from Europe. Is that so ?

Edited by Ripa
to clarify

24 minutes ago, Ripa said:

Thank you for your comments, some valuable, some...? . However, almost nobody saw my 2nd question, so I repeat it: 

They claim that because I am married with my Thai wife, the company can withhold the amount from my pension received to my Thai account from Europe. Is that so ?

Well, its not easy to answer that question definitively  with the information you have given us.  Following on from my previous comment, if you haven't signed any documentation on the bike and the account is in your name only, then you are in the clear as far as I know.  The source of the funds in your account is irrelevant and if push comes to shove, just change the destination of your pension and put your pension into a 'WISE' protected account card, or similar,  and you are okay.  

https://www.youtube.com/@Wise

5 hours ago, Ripa said:

they might yes,

if the funds are overseas, it would be difficult for them, but they could also try

again, you being legally married expose you to debt laws in Thailand

no matter what some "funny" farangs with his bar girl is telling you 🤣

6 hours ago, Pinetree said:

my Thai family have just secured a court settlement for 650K Baht in a Thai Court

a court settlement is not a court judgement, and this means you found a compromise for paying the debt

hardly the same as "no problem, you are not liable"

the debt laws are clear, spouses are liable to each other debt in Thailand

6 hours ago, QECE said:

It's even simpler than one might suspect.

Stop playing their game credit and loans. 

the OP needs to contact the debt company

and find a payment settlement to avoid court costs for all

another question, was the marriage registered at the local Amphur?