News Forum - Foreign buyers flock to Thailand’s tropical condos: Chinese and Russians lead

Thaiger

12 hours ago, Poolie said:

Obviously. Shame you dont recognise these traits in your chosen regimes.  Then again, the brainwashed seldom do.

10 hours ago, QECE said:

A cognitive dissonance disposition is all too commonplace amongst this circle. 

Civilised People rarely display such CCP brutality & oppression. 

of course all politicians lie but difference in West is they are checked exposed outed.Properly  ACCOUNTABLE.

an unknown practice  in tyrannies.

• Like 3

China housing market is 25% of GDP. It is collapsing. CCP just approved over a trillion Yuan for a bail out. which is about 400 billion dollars short. They have already spent the money paid by investors, or home buyers so the loan will not generate any income. If the housing crises is not fixed it will bring China to its knee's.  Home buyers with the cash are not investing in Chinese housing. Thailand and SE Asia in general are the real winners here. And who can blame the Chinese people. The housing crisis has been described as the biggest Ponzi scheme in the history of scams. 

I will be curious to see how this plays out. All US and western money are exiting China just making things worse. Its stock market is in shambles. Xi begging for western money with no takers. 

Xi has bankrupt China. This will be an interesting storyline handed down 1000's years to come.

Edited by garyknrd
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 12/16/2023 at 6:09 AM, TedG said:

The Chinese/Russians are some of the worst people on the planet. 

Friggin' Russians n Chinese ruin the quality of life for the whole planet! Chinese creating viruses without penalties and polluting the atmosphere. Russian n Chinese hiring the best hackers. All corrupt crap that the normal part of society wants! I don't understand why the Thai government allows them to buy-up real estate and bring more corruption into their country!! Thailand is going to turning into a ghetto 3rd world country and not be The Land of Smiles if they don't take control

• Like 1

On 12/16/2023 at 6:45 AM, TedG said:

Crappy people from dictatorships. 

It all starts from the top with corrupt leaders

• Like 1

On 12/19/2023 at 10:03 PM, Manu said:

And who are some of the best people on the planet? Let me guess: you are amongst them.

Russian n Chinese corrupt bastards scamming all of society foo

• Like 1

On 12/16/2023 at 11:09 PM, TedG said:

The Chinese/Russians are some of the worst people on the planet. 

Sounds like the typical brain-dead comment of a hypocrite who parrots whatever the papers say!

Mu experience, having been to both countries and lived in China for a while, is that these (and likely ALL) countries have normal people just like you and me, with a few assholes of course, and the problems lie mainly with the political 'elite', not Joe Schmo who is just trying to live their life!

So what if some are moving their saving out of their unstable country! Not everyone who buys are foreign condo is a millionaire!

If it was a slew of Yanks or Brits buying up all the condos, you would probably bitch about that too, but calling people you have no fcing clue about 'the worst on the planet' is just a reflection of YOUR bad character!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, UncleFatBloke said:

Sounds like the typical brain-dead comment of a hypocrite who parrots whatever the papers say!

Mu experience, having been to both countries and lived in China for a while, is that these (and likely ALL) countries have normal people just like you and me, with a few assholes of course, and the problems lie mainly with the political 'elite', not Joe Schmo who is just trying to live their life!

So what if some are moving their saving out of their unstable country! Not everyone who buys are foreign condo is a millionaire!

If it was a slew of Yanks or Brits buying up all the condos, you would probably bitch about that too, but calling people you have no fcing clue about 'the worst on the planet' is just a reflection of YOUR bad character!

Then you don't know your recent history.  Both countries are peasant societies, led by criminal sociopaths, who endanger World peace at every turn.  Their populations, in general, are ill mannered,  ill educated and with no ambition to be anything else. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, soulrider808 said:

Friggin' Russians n Chinese ruin the quality of life for the whole planet! Chinese creating viruses without penalties and polluting the atmosphere. Russian n Chinese hiring the best hackers. All corrupt crap that the normal part of society wants! I don't understand why the Thai government allows them to buy-up real estate and bring more corruption into their country!! Thailand is going to turning into a ghetto 3rd world country and not be The Land of Smiles if they don't take control

Drop the green text mate, its annoying 

2 hours ago, UncleFatBloke said:

Quite refreshing to read a common sense post amongst the multitude posts from a handful of bitter old farts bombarding daily for hours every single topic of the entire forums with racist, xenophobic, homophobic, etc... and generally hateful comments towards anyone who are not themselves, or even just do not think like themselves. I guess they have never heard of a great invention called "mirror".

2 hours ago, Manu said:

Quite refreshing to read a common sense post amongst the multitude posts from a handful of bitter old farts bombarding daily for hours every single topic of the entire forums with racist, xenophobic, homophobic, etc... and generally hateful comments towards anyone who are not themselves, or even just do not think like themselves. I guess they have never heard of a great invention called "mirror".

A typical meaningless post from you. If you can't win an argument, you slag off other people.  

4 hours ago, UncleFatBloke said:

Sounds like you would fit into authoritarian regimes.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2024 at 1:11 PM, soulrider808 said:

Russian n Chinese corrupt bastards scamming all of society foo

Do you mean all millions of Russians and all of the billion + Chinese? Corrupt bastards all of them are? And in comparison we people of the west are just better human beings, we know everything better, we know and we are better. Your vision of tge human beings of the world in 2024? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Manu said:

Do you mean all millions of Russians and all of the billion + Chinese? Corrupt bastards all of them are? And in comparison we people of the west are just better human beings, we know everything better, we know and we are better. Your vision of tge human beings of the world in 2024? 

A society, any society , is a representation of its history and culture.  You clearly know nothing of this in regard to Russia and China.  They are both peasant societies.  Largely ill educated, if not uneducated.  They have survived until very recently by scraping a living from the land, or as little short of slave labor in heavy, unregulated industries, often in harsh environments.  They have been led by a succession of criminal leaders, no respecters of their own Rule of Law, who will stop at nothing to steal technology, and anything else they can get their sticky hands on, to further their ambitions.  Corruption and criminality in such societies is hard wired into their populations.  Some escape this , the vast majority do not. I wouldnt use the words that the other poster uses, but I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them and I don't like what those countries represent, oppression, criminality, anti social actions and a lack of respect for others.  As I said in another post, I trained for 24 years in the UK Military to be ready to attack those countries, in self defense, I see absolutely no evidence today that leads me to believe that these two Leopards have changed their spots and that they are not the enemy of all the truly free peoples of the World.  Your views however, are, as usual, absurdly naïve, but you have the right to express them.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pinetree said:

A society, any society , is a representation of its history and culture.  You clearly know nothing of this in regard to Russia and China.  They are both peasant societies.  Largely ill educated, if not uneducated.  They have survived until very recently by scraping a living from the land, or as little short of slave labor in heavy, unregulated industries, often in harsh environments.  They have been led by a succession of criminal leaders, no respecters of their own Rule of Law, who will stop at nothing to steal technology, and anything else they can get their sticky hands on, to further their ambitions.  Corruption and criminality in such societies is hard wired into their populations.  Some escape this , the vast majority do not. I wouldnt use the words that the other poster uses, but I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them and I don't like what those countries represent, oppression, criminality, anti social actions and a lack of respect for others.  As I said in another post, I trained for 24 years in the UK Military to be ready to attack those countries, in self defense, I see absolutely no evidence today that leads me to believe that these two Leopards have changed their spots and that they are not the enemy of all the truly free peoples of the World.  Your views however, are, as usual, absurdly naïve, but you have the right to express them.  

https://news.sky.com/story/new-coal-plants-in-china-soar-despite-president-xis-pledge-to-strictly-control-dirtiest-fuel-13112101

One more example, among many,  of what I was saying above.  You just can't trust them or anything they say.  All those buying cheap Chinese EVs need to wake up to the reality. You are being sold a pup, just to make China look good, if only among those  people stupid enough, or naïve enough , to swallow their propaganda.. 

• Like 3

China n Russia has been making all the trouble by hiring the best hackers to hack into America's power grids and military info. Do you think the Russian soldiers are nice human beings when they are raping old Ukrainian grandmas and torturing men then dumping them in mass graves?! What about China spreading swine flu, bird flu, and Corona Virus all over the world effecting everyone's lives and economy for 2 years?! Sorry,  I'll never trust or respect those bastards period!!

• Like 2

On 4/11/2024 at 10:15 AM, Pinetree said:

No time to answer the whole comment, am busy.. Opinions differ on subjects, do you agree? I am French, a society based for a very very long amount of years on peasants or farmers (80% in the 18th century). That’s my answer to the first 2/3 sentences of your comment. Will come back for the rest soon.

5 minutes ago, Manu said:

No time to answer the whole comment, am busy.. Opinions differ on subjects, do you agree? I am French, a society based for a very very long amount of years on peasants or farmers (80% in the 18th century). That’s my answer to the first 2/3 sentences of your comment. Will come back for the rest soon.

Don't bother 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/10/2024 at 4:16 AM, Manu said:

Do you mean all millions of Russians and all of the billion + Chinese? Corrupt bastards all of them are? And in comparison we people of the west are just better human beings, we know everything better, we know and we are better. sYour vision of tge human beings of the world in 2024? 

It's the crazy leaders with their own personal goals causing trouble for everyone. Remember the west is the one who invented 2 Covid 19 vaccines and shared it to other countries. Who's the good guys now?

22 hours ago, soulrider808 said:

It's the crazy leaders with their own personal goals causing trouble for everyone.

Thanks for agreeing with me.

Remember the west is the one who invented 2 Covid 19 vaccines and shared it to other countries.

That's an hilarious comment so thanks for the laugh.

Who's the good guys now?

I guess it is the guys who insist on writing everything in green (unless they are colour blind). I love green.

Sorry but green is my favorite color and it helps me find what i wrote. I'll switch to boring black text for you since you agree with my opinions.