News Forum - Foreign buyers flock to Thailand’s tropical condos: Chinese and Russians lead

Thaiger

Foreign buyers such as the Chinese and Russian are dominating the condominium scene, turning Bangkok, Pattaya, and Phuket into international real estate playgrounds. A staggering 10,703 units, raking in a jaw-dropping 52.3 billion baht, exchanged hands in the nine months leading up to September, marking a whopping 38% surge from the previous year, according to … …

The story Foreign buyers flock to Thailand’s tropical condos: Chinese and Russians lead as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Nothing new here and the Upper crust knows it. China is in a melt down and the rich are getting their money out any way possible. Russia the same. Won't help tourism what so ever in the long run. Actually this points to just the opposite. 

Only ones reaping the rewards are the rich Thai developers.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

Yes, the recently created 6.2mn new millionaires in China are queuing at the border. Not!

Welcome back, Poolie!! 😘

Your slight absence has been noted.

Whaterver the situation, just increase the 30% ownership to 50% ownership in condos for non-thai. That will boost the property market further-up. All the citi dwelling Thais can move to provinces. 

I'm guessing some of this money might previously have gone into the Western property market. The Chinese and Russian money has to flow somewhere, and non of these guys have much trust in the West anymore, cos of the seizures of Russian assets.

54 minutes ago, 1000YearVampire said:

I'm guessing some of this money might previously have gone into the Western property market. The Chinese and Russian money has to flow somewhere, and non of these guys have much trust in the West anymore, cos of the seizures of Russian assets.

Not likely. The wealthy will always find a way to park money in safe havens. Currently, they wash through Gulf Banks who then deposit in EU. I think what we see is the next tier down of new wealth looking for a place to buy. They can't afford the bloated costs of "west" and go somewhere more affordable. The typical  real estate outlay in Thailand is a fraction of what the typical Chinese pays and still pays in Australia, Canada etc. The PRC immigrants are still lined up for passports of convenience from Australia and Canada etc.  Russians on the other hand are not so much afraid of western sanctions as they are of their own people. Westerners will gladly whore themselves for a profit..

On 12/16/2023 at 4:09 PM, TedG said:

The Chinese/Russians are some of the worst people on the planet. 

And who are some of the best people on the planet? Let me guess: you are amongst them.

• Like 2

On 12/16/2023 at 6:43 PM, Poolie said:

Yes, the recently created 6.2mn new millionaires in China are queuing at the border. Not!

But the unemployed 20-30 year olds are. 

17 hours ago, Poolie said:

Not this side they're not. It all depends what MSM have been told to say.

Ah yes, the typical mainland Chinese go-to response, "don't trust the western media". Problem is, the Chinese media says the youth unemployment rate in China is 25% officially, about 40% unofficially.

11 hours ago, Leo said:

Ah yes, the typical mainland Chinese go-to response, "don't trust the western media". Problem is, the Chinese media says the youth unemployment rate in China is 25% officially, about 40% unofficially.

Oh, you're fluent in Chinese?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Poolie said:

Oh, you're fluent in Chinese?

I’m fluent in recognising lying, cheating, murdering, torturing, genocidal, unfree, aggressive CCP barstards👍😡 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 10:30 AM, QECE said:

Always the great need and desire for an invented boogieman. 

Hard-wired into our DNA.

CCP are the wannabe bogie men …… everyone laughing at them though as for all their pathetic bluster & bravado they are simply unable to convert any of that local rust bucket quantity land power into decisive Air or Sea power….. they can’t even build or operate a basic aircraft carrier …….and got their butts kicked on land by Vietnam……..🤡🤣😩🤣… US quite happy to watch CCP “ invest” $10 billion they havent got into South Sea Islands …which US can level in a day🤣😩🤡😔

CCP contained by Geography & Enemies. 1st Island Chain to East ( US- SKorea- Taiwan- Japan);  India & Himalayas to West, Siberia & Russia  to North & SEAsia to South. US only has to lock CCP out of USD Trading and Block Mallaca Straits….. CCP China Finished. ….. instead US looking for the internal economic Collapse 😎

• Like 2

On 12/20/2023 at 8:03 AM, Manu said:

And who are some of the best people on the planet? Let me guess: you are amongst them.

Glad you asked & that’s Easy : -

The Great English Speaking Peoples 🇬🇧 UK US AUS CAN NZ aka the Five Eyes.

East Asian Democratic Allies + West European NATO + Israel

• Like 3

On 12/16/2023 at 11:43 AM, Poolie said:

Unless their money is in hard currencies it’s worthless outside China🤣😩

• Like 2

14 hours ago, oldschooler said:

I’m fluent in recognising lying, cheating, murdering, torturing, genocidal, unfree, aggressive CCP barstards👍😡 

Obviously. Shame you dont recognise these traits in your chosen regimes.  Then again, the brainwashed seldom do.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

Obviously. Shame you dont recognise these traits in your chosen regimes.  Then again, the brainwashed seldom do.

A cognitive dissonance disposition is all too commonplace amongst this circle. 

9 minutes ago, QECE said:

A cognitive dissonance disposition is all too commonplace amongst this circle. 

Is that what it is? I wont say what I thought it was.