News Forum - Illegal mushroom mayhem: Patong’s peaceful dawn disrupted by police raid

Thaiger

The tranquil resort town of Patong was startled in the early hours yesterday morning, as police swooped on a local shop, apprehending one individual for the illegal sale of mushrooms. The Patong Police confirmed the raid, which took place around 12.10am yesterday. The illicit merchandise seized by the police was an assortment of mushrooms, each … …

The story Illegal mushroom mayhem: Patong’s peaceful dawn disrupted by police raid as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Unless you have a big private house with a lot of land away from people, I cannot see the fun in it taking them. People are everywhere here. No thanks. 

6 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Unless you have a big private house with a lot of land away from people, I cannot see the fun in it taking them. People are everywhere here. No thanks. 

1st time I took mushrooms was homecoming weekend in College 

We went to the most popular bar but it was wall to wall people 

We all bugged out, left and went and played wiffle ball in the quad 5555

Thailand is a unregulated country when it comes to the indiscriminate use of some pesticides and herbicides. The end result is that one  never knows the amount of these miracle chemicals in unverified agricultural products. 

The fun characteristic of "mushrooms" is their role in the spread of parasites. Mushrooms used for  "recreational activity" are not easily cleaned, nor decontaminated.  Echinococcus multilocularis (E. multilocularis) is a parasitic infection in humans primarily transmitted through accidental consumption of contaminated fecal matter of infected dogs. The dog doesn't need to defecate on the mushrooms as the parasitic eggs can be deposited by foot traffic or rain runoff.

6 hours ago, Vigo said:

Thailand is a unregulated country when it comes to the indiscriminate use of some pesticides and herbicides. The end result is that one  never knows the amount of these miracle chemicals in unverified agricultural products. 

The fun characteristic of "mushrooms" is their role in the spread of parasites. Mushrooms used for  "recreational activity" are not easily cleaned, nor decontaminated.  Echinococcus multilocularis (E. multilocularis) is a parasitic infection in humans primarily transmitted through accidental consumption of contaminated fecal matter of infected dogs. The dog doesn't need to defecate on the mushrooms as the parasitic eggs can be deposited by foot traffic or rain runoff.

You must be a real fungi to hang out with....😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Marc26 said:

1st time I took mushrooms was homecoming weekend in College 

We went to the most popular bar but it was wall to wall people 

We all bugged out, left and went and played wiffle ball in the quad 5555

Apparently legal in California as my freinds tell me and at their older years beinf this year have just been reaquainted with them. No people aroundand they said was a lot of fun again. Sort of reminds me of the movie cocoon and the old folks of what they are doing.

I used to be ok at night concerts with it, but any other public people engagemnet gives me the willies. Golf courses were alos great at night. But go to a golf course at night here and you are bound to get arrested becasue everywhere has the stupid security needed or not.

I fully understand you and your group bugging out of that bar. Yuck!