Great Political Songs.

Thaidup

Our last generations had the privilege of some great inspiring or meaningful and thought provoking songs about political turmoil of the times.

How does our latest generation stand out amongst the song writers before them? I found one example, not to all liking, but just a comparison from old to new.🙂

• Like 1

Us and Them, is pretty self exclamatory, you and me up against the Big Guys IE, . Live -earn money - consume - die. < then have your family pay for the burial.🙂

• Like 2

I learned this in my mid 30's, worked all the overtime and Sundays buying and selling car parts to get out of the cycle. I worked hours and hours to get out, the key is to get out of debt first.🤙

• Like 1

The first verse reminds me of my 20's, I went to work on Monday, "don't make me laugh-it hurts"🤣

"The first kick I took was when i hit the ground".

• Like 2

You guys wont know it, but I do, was a pretty good song back then. A black fella from Aus made a song about the current political situation at the time. this was after getting ownership of Ayers Rock, and the latest was a referendum that had no actual explanation of what it was for(lost) by 60-40. still a great song from my Aussie brothers.

• Thanks 1

It's people that vote for the same over and over, are they fools? No, just useful idiots.👍 give them some money and they will vote the same over and over.

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2023 at 5:28 AM, Thaidup said:

1979 - Biko.

Close your eyes and listen. A powerfully sad song,  It got to 38 on the charts in the time in England.

Great song.  I was fortunate to come across the Playing For Change version a few years ago when as it was released in early 2021.  You'll love it.

• Like 1