Bank arrogance -- what to do when it happens here?

Larry_in_Bangkok

On 9/10/2023 at 10:32 AM, TSS said:

and with my US debit card and getting the all important (for visa renewal purposes) FTT code in the passbook

Please explain how this can be done to get FTT on a deposit from a Debit Card. Thanks.

On 9/21/2023 at 12:41 AM, butterfly said:

it's just a question of time before banks will freeze all our accounts because you don't have a good social score, or you were vaccinated for Covid 🤣

@butterfly, did you mean, "were not vaccinated"?   Looks to me like NOT getting government-mandated jabs will get us  "frozen out" of our accounts.   I'm not vaccinated, and, yes, I do wonder what effect that will have in future.

So my question now, is, where to keep savings/money now that will have access in the future?  A common assumption is gold/silver, but if registration is required for selling to dealers, that becomes a problem, not a solution.  Another common suggestion is Bitcoin/digital currency, but exchangers are tightly controlled and "know your customer" requirements are getting stronger.  I think will be like gun registration in the USA where must get government-approval before can buy/sell.

Edited by Larry_in_Bangkok
  • Like 1
  • Angry 1

Please explain how this can be done to get FTT on a deposit from a Debit Card. Thanks.

simple- been doing it a long time at my branch of Bangkok Bank. I give the teller my US debit card and my bank book, request to bring over X amount of baht and to deposit in my BB account with the FTT (foreign transfer)code entered in the book. They know me so it's pretty much an automatic thing now & never been a problem

20 hours ago, Larry_in_Bangkok said:

@butterfly, did you mean, "were not vaccinated"?   Looks to me like NOT getting government-mandated jabs will get us  "frozen out" of our accounts.   I'm not vaccinated, and, yes, I do wonder what effect that will have in future.

So my question now, is, where to keep savings/money now that will have access in the future?  A common assumption is gold/silver, but if registration is required for selling to dealers, that becomes a problem, not a solution.  Another common suggestion is Bitcoin/digital currency, but exchangers are tightly controlled and "know your customer" requirements are getting stronger.  I think will be like gun registration in the USA where must get government-approval before can buy/sell.

yeah, meant not vaccinated

again, the money you earn is not yours, it's government licensed. That basically make us all government agents :)

you have the privilege to earn money in an environment owned and controlled by your government

you should be thankful :)

and you can't escape :p

We are technically above the level of control of the former Soviet Union, what is missing is the political police, but I guess that's the job of the main stream media now 🤣