1 month visa on entry how many times

guiseppe

@JohnnyCanuck  Nope, there won't be any problem at all.  You are entitled to two visa exempt entries annually and the fact that you extend your TV isn't an issue.

There shouldn't be an issue for you extending your exemption by 30 days, either.  Of course everything is up to the Immigration officer you meet, but everything you've mentioned is legal and has been done before.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MrStretch said:

@JohnnyCanuck  Nope, there won't be any problem at all.  You are entitled to two visa exempt entries annually and the fact that you extend your TV isn't an issue.

There shouldn't be an issue for you extending your exemption by 30 days, either.  Of course everything is up to the Immigration officer you meet, but everything you've mentioned is legal and has been done before.

Thank you Mr Stretch, that's probably what I will do, it seems like it should be allowed. Im not trying to live here just stay for the Canadian winter. I hope they see it that way too.

Posted (edited)
On 11/16/2023 at 2:30 AM, Thai_Law said:

I am sorry but the laws have changed. it's no longer unlimited entries by air, but now it's 2 times by air and land and sea.  That has now changed and confusing, especially on the UK Thai Embassy website where they seem to contradict themselves with info on the top and middle.  the link: https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/page/exemp-visa

The Thai Embassy in the US shows the same.

» Visa Procedures for Non-Thai Nationals wishing to Enter Thailand under Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme

I will create a new topic so others will know. Immigration has the right to enforce this at their discretion, but due to these posts, If you want use visa exemption more than 2 times in a calendar year, you may want to get the tourist visa instead from the Thai Embassy. If you decide not to, be prepared to show a return flight, proof of travel funds and proof of accommodation if asked. 

Here are screen shots and links attached for this new rule, which is very unclear and not widely posted on all Thai Embassy websites in the world. Typical of MOFA.

IMG_6578.jpg

IMG_6557.jpg

I checked the Royal Thai Embassy DC and US State department sites today.

Do you office have any reports of US or Japan passport holders stamped in 15 days at a land border?  That went away some years ago. 

Edited by Mamachigawa

12 hours ago, Mamachigawa said:

I checked the Royal Thai Embassy DC and US State department sites today.

Do you office have any reports of US or Japan passport holders stamped in 15 days at a land border?  That went away some years ago. 

Nationality dependent...and my experience has been that the Immi officer doesn't give a hoot what the Royal Thai Embassy in DC or the US Department of State site says, entrants are subject to the whims of the Immi officer on that day.

Much better to be safe than sorry.

"The Single Entry Tourist Visa itself shows a validity of 3 months, but this has nothing to do with length of stay, simply stipulating that you must enter the country (i.e. use it) before the expiry date shown (which will be 90 days from when the visa was issued).

After the 60 days (or 90 if you buy that extension), having left the country, you can then re-enter again with either a new Single Entry Tourist Visa bought at a Consulate in one of the countries bordering Thailand and start the 60 days (or 90 if you buy that extension) process once more. Or you can re-enter on a Visa Exemption stamp, granting you 30 days (airport) or 30 or 15 days (land, according to your nationality)."

https://www.tratimmigration.com/tourist-visa-information/#:~:text=Or you can re-enter,%2C according to your nationality).

4 hours ago, MrStretch said:

Nationality dependent...and my experience has been that the Immi officer doesn't give a hoot what the Royal Thai Embassy in DC or the US Department of State site says, entrants are subject to the whims of the Immi officer on that day.

Much better to be safe than sorry.

"The Single Entry Tourist Visa itself shows a validity of 3 months, but this has nothing to do with length of stay, simply stipulating that you must enter the country (i.e. use it) before the expiry date shown (which will be 90 days from when the visa was issued).

After the 60 days (or 90 if you buy that extension), having left the country, you can then re-enter again with either a new Single Entry Tourist Visa bought at a Consulate in one of the countries bordering Thailand and start the 60 days (or 90 if you buy that extension) process once more. Or you can re-enter on a Visa Exemption stamp, granting you 30 days (airport) or 30 or 15 days (land, according to your nationality)."

https://www.tratimmigration.com/tourist-visa-information/#:~:text=Or you can re-enter,%2C according to your nationality).

The info is not clear on the Embassy site regarding 15 days by land borders then you look down the page and by nationality...30 The US State department site has contrcdictary onfo about 6 month passport validity on separate pages. There is a legal difference between required and highly recommended.  Airlines make up their own rules also.

The good thing no more guessing. Any visa exempts are only  allowed two times per year air or land, for sure.