Wednesday Covid Update: Record high of 13,002 new cases

Thaiger

A record high of 13,002 new Covid-19 cases were reported today by the Centre of Covid-19 Situation Administration. In the latest and most severe wave of the virus in Thailand, first recorded on April 1, the CCSA has recorded a total of 410,614 confirmed infections. Another 108 coronavirus-related deaths were reported today. Of the new cases, 1,049 were found in correctional facilities, an uptick over the past several weeks. The latest wave of the virus spread to Thailand’s overcrowded prisons, infecting more than 30,000 inmates. The Department of Correction has been rolling out active testing to identify infections, even asymptomatic, and […]

The post Wednesday Covid Update: Record high of 13,002 new cases appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

A record high of 13,002 new Covid-19 cases were reported today by the Centre of Covid-19 Situation Administration. In the latest and most severe wave of the virus in Thailand, first recorded on April 1, the CCSA has recorded a total of 410,614 confirmed infections. Another 108 coronavirus-related deaths were reported today. Of the new cases, 1,049 were found in correctional facilities, an uptick over the past several weeks. The latest wave of the virus spread to Thailand’s overcrowded prisons, infecting more than 30,000 inmates. The Department of Correction has been rolling out active testing to identify infections, even asymptomatic, and […]

The post Wednesday Covid Update: Record high of 13,002 new cases appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

To which the PM will utter yet again, it's all the peoples fault not mine. It will be a sad statement, from a sad person about a very sad statistic

Very sad and concerning. There is no doubt that we are entering a very worrying period and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

By the way, has anyone seen or heard of the King? I am concerned for his health.

• Haha 3

Unfortunately this was expected, Covid numbers rarely stay stable for long. A spike was just a matter of time. We can only hope this ends sooner than later. 

• Like 3

13,000! That's an increase of 15% from yesterday. At that rate the number of new cases will double to 26,000 in just 5 days (1.15 x 1.15 x 1.15 x 1.15 x 1.15 = 2).

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bangkok_Gary said:

13,000! That's an increase of 15% from yesterday. At that rate the number of new cases will double to 26,000 in just 5 days (1.15 x 1.15 x 1.15 x 1.15 x 1.15 = 2).

or around 1 million per day in one month

Question

Do you agree to give priorerty in vaccine Samuit for the Sandbox.

When the rest of Thailand's elderly and suffering with  health problems have to wait untill later.

Eddie

Question

Do you agree with the Sandbox getting priorerty with vaccine to open over the elderly and inferm in the rest of Thailand

42 minutes ago, Sambuka said:

Question

When the rest of Thailand's elderly and suffering with  health problems have to wait untill later.

Eddie

I think agreeing with it or not it is the government that has decided that elderly and infirm together with most of the rural population are just collateral damage as long as they, the Elite, others and of course the mafia warlords remain safe, cosy and and have an abundance of increasing riches.

38 minutes ago, Sambuka said:

Question

Do you agree with the Sandbox getting priorerty with vaccine to open over the elderly and inferm in the rest of Thailand

No.  But This Is Thailand.  You know why they made that decision. And if they had 10 million or more vaccines a month and injecting 500K doses a day, then it would have been OK.  The plan to open the sandbox was announced in March and approved in May - they were too busy counting the money from the TAT announced 1500 tourists on day 1 and 2-3 million December.  

13K and climbing - not good at all. But every cloud has a silver lining, and it is very clear that the majority of Thai people have had an absolute gutful of this Junta - judging by social media. 2023 elections cannot come fast enough. 

• Like 1

Please explain to me how it is possible to come up with 13000 positive test in one day in Thailand.

To get positive test requires time a lot of time. Also if you have 13000 positive test you will have double that number in false positives and also double that and more in negative.

For test to be done as they should be done ? you need a safe  and sterile environment. With well trained staff.

Where is this testing Being done ? the testing of 70000 to a 100000 test a day in Thailand ??

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Remi said:

Please explain to me how it is possible to come up with 13000 positive test in one day in Thailand.

I think you'll find that's the number reported in the last 24hrs, not tested in the last 24hrs.

• Like 2

It is an unfortunate fact, that with this virus, it doubles approximately every ten to 14 days. Thailand is about to be swamped with this COVID-19. 

First World countries have been swamped with it. These countries, arguably,  have much better medical infrastructure available to all, free at the point of delivery and have still struggled. 

Take places such as Bangkok, Hua Hin, Pattaya, Koh Samui,Chang Mai and Phuket out of the equation, and Thailand is a third world country. Even places such as Phuket and Pattaya are borderline slums in many places.

The whole country is governed by self serving individuals who don't give a SH1 T about the majority  of it's population.  As for tourism, you'd have to be mentally deficient to want to go anywhere near the country at the moment even if you're  doubly vaccinated. Grieves me to say it, since I've been coming to Thailand 3 times a year since 1986 and used to live there for a while.

• Like 3

" Phuket has tightened entry restrictions and is now requiring all domestic travellers entering the island province to be vaccinated against Covid-19 and also test negative for the virus before arrival."

That means Phuket is a no go for me , as I am not vaccinated yet ...

I recently had to go to my consulate over there  ,( negative test required ) ,to have my signature witnessed , ( for a police clearance certificate ) , that I need for the O-X visa that I hope to be able to get in 3 month .

I could not do this now , even the embassy in BKK is out of reach for the moment ...

In an situation like the one we are in now , ( Covid ) , a little ease of the rules for immigration for people already in Thailand would be greatly appreciated ...

6 hours ago, Bangkok_Gary said:

Notwithstnding the rule of 70, the real pronlem is that these increases are less likely to be 15% everyday, and more likely to rise exponentially. Ireland which had 1100 cases yesterday which is about 20% higher than TH per capita, has a predicted worst case scenario of 20k cases per day by next Wednesday.

6 hours ago, Sambuka said:

Question

Eddie

Certainly not Eddie. Thailand should be vaccinating in the order of most vulnerable first, including front line healthcare workers, the elderly 70+ and people with underlying health conditions that make them more vulnerable. This also means that people in power and wealthy people, unless they are in the priority cohort should wait their turn. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Notwithstnding the rule of 70, the real pronlem is that these increases are less likely to be 15% everyday, and more likely to rise exponentially. Ireland which had 1100 cases yesterday which is about 20% higher than TH per capita, has a predicted worst case scenario of 20k cases per day by next Wednesday.

Yes, I think the maths on this is not straightforward and it also requires high levels of testing to get accurate data. All I can say, is that in the three waves experienced in the UK, doubling was happening every 9-12 days once it got underway . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Remi said:

To get positive test requires time a lot of time. Also if you have 13000 positive test you will have double that number in false positives and also double that and more in negative.

For test to be done as they should be done ? you need a safe  and sterile environment. With well trained staff.

Where is this testing Being done ? the testing of 70000 to a 100000 test a day in Thailand ??

To be fair, you make some good points about the quality of the testing. However what I would say is this . 

The actual number isn’t so important. That, as you say, will be open to a number of variables including ability to sample and test accurately. What’s important is the rate of change. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Yes, I think the maths on this is not straightforward and it also requires high levels of testing to get accurate data. All I can say, is that in the three waves experienced in the UK, doubling was happening every 9-12 days once it got underway . 

Yes: If the Irish prediction does happen, it requires an increase of 50% per day. Fortunately, "worst case scenarios" rarely occur.

• Like 1

Well as the numbers increase ……

Health system in crisis, critics tell government

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2152531/health-system-in-crisis-critics-tell-government

the thetsakit chief for the district, defended the long delay in the ambulances arriving. He said it was caused by the ever-increasing demand for ambulances. The service was overstretched.

I believe the Thai Navy will help out with its Submarines.

I think most people are aware that the real numbers are much much hi gher then those reported. Thailand's total numbers of Covid tests is just over 8m compared to the UK which has done 234m. Infact the UK does more tests per week than Thailand have managed since the start of the pandemic. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nig said:

I think most people are aware that the real numbers are much much hi gher then those reported. Thailand's total numbers of Covid tests is just over 8m compared to the UK which has done 234m. Infact the UK does more tests per week than Thailand have managed since the start of the pandemic. 

Well just perhaps the issue for Thailand was/is;

a) Didn't have the testing capacity

b) Didn't have the analytical capacity

c) Didn't have the test kits available

d) didn't have a government that actually cared about the people

e) Had a government whose only concern was to safeguard itself, the puppet master pulling the strings, the Elite kowtowing to the puppet master to keep the government in power

or

f) Aliens who do not give a toss about any earthlings

Please send your answer on a postcards. The winner of this competition will be notified by telepathy

10 minutes ago, Nig said:

The UK didn't bother with track and trace, it just gave up. Thailand does have a nationwide health volunteer service with about 1.3 million volunteers, they have been doing the legwork. In most cases those traced are not tested just told to quarantine but checked on regularly. If they become sick and end up in hospital then they get tested.

Mass testing is needed when you've lost control of track and trace, that I fear is now the situation in Bangkok and the metropolitan area.