News Forum - PM orders action against activists seeking Muslim Pattani State referendum

Thaiger

54 minutes ago, palooka said:

Even with such a short history, Australian records show the Negritos (documented) were the first inhabitants but the current indigenous crowd claim first nation rights. Go figure.

(Maybe inconvenient to the cause that knowledge)🙃

Also known as 'Barrineans', but they did not meet the agenda of the progressive 'first people' thrusters and have been virtually wiped from historical existence.

• Like 2

I live in saudi. Hardly hear a thing with the windows closed. 

The first I'm always gonna be in bed at 4-5am. 

Rest of the time it's always daytime so what's the big deal. Last prayer maybe 7-9pm depending on location and time of year in Thailand.

Used to sit on the balcony of a hotel in Patong and hear the call, don't recall anyone complaining. 

Far worse noise offenses in Thailand to get worked up about. 

The calls give the day a nice rhythm. 

• Like 2

On 6/11/2023 at 3:23 PM, Wackamole said:

Wasn't referring to your comment specifically, although it did flow very nicely with the rest.

I've had extended stays in Malaysia, I've never been annoyed by the morning calls, quite the opposite I find them soothing. But I can totally see how someone nastily prejudiced against Muslims would be horrified and lose sleep over it.

You attach your own prejudice with that. If you find the whinging intonations soothing so be it. Have your naps near a mosque. I don't enjoy it anymore than I like clanging bells or morning tambon announcements or the obnoxious tonight, tonight boxing  at Bangla stadium.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Wackamole said:

. and the hilarious "I tipped a Muslim so AH!"

You need to put a llah at the end of your AH!

Well, those tips helped make their day or nights a little more happy. And isn’t the word Muslim correct? Or are you trying to say that is derogatory or demeaning. I have many dislikes about every race and every religion. Doesn’t mean I hate them. For the Pattani and south renegade movement, I have zero liking fir these type of radical Muslims. You are just trying to make a mountain out of a Mole-hill!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

And isn’t the word Muslim correct? Or are you trying to say that is derogatory or demeaning.

Why would I have a problem with calling Muslims Muslims.

I'm saying the way you bring up some of your normal interactions with some Muslims as a proof of whatever you're trying to prove you're not is hilarious. it's 2023 friend that defense has been hilarious for how long now? over 30 years?

2 hours ago, Wackamole said:

I'm saying the way you bring up some of your normal interactions with some Muslims as a proof of whatever you're trying to prove you're not is hilarious. it's 2023 friend that defense has been hilarious for how long now? over 30 years?

I’m not trying to prove anything or even really defend myself except for the fact I am not a racist on the whole but I do disapprove with some actions of all races and religions. Put it in your face races and religions whether masked, sneaking, or direct outright is BS. Yeah, I’ve been here for over 30 yrs now and not quite 60 yrs of age yet. Used to travel to seafood factory in the south too back in in the day back and forth. I am well accustomed to being around Muslims. Pattani I will give a wide berth because too dangerous for these whacked out radical brainwashed Muslims. In a sense I sort of think religions with stigmas attached to them are fully brain washing the people or plainly threatening as you need do this or else crap.

2023? What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Or should I have said Pattani? Don’t t they all drink tea? Hahahahaha. They do in CM.

So mstbe I should describe how they dress next time as to side step the actual usage of the word Muslim. But hey, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then that duck is a Muslim duck. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wackamole said:

Oh yeah the damned if you do or damned if you dont argument.

The fact is he tipped the staff REGARDLESS of their perceived religious beliefs. He rightly points that out and your counterpoint is "The very fact you gave the staff a tip to show you dont have a problem with muslims proves you do have a problem with muslims".

Stop gaslighting.

Also the fact he chooses to live in a country full of "brown" people probably shows he does not have a problem with them either.

So taken together the overwhelming evidence is the guy is not racist or anti muslim.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

The fact is he tipped the staff REGARDLESS of their perceived religious beliefs.

What a hero. To think I missed that at first. Thanks for opening my eyes.

Lets end it here, I apologize profusely, all the posts in this thread are great. In fact they are the best posts. Well except mine.

30 minutes ago, Wackamole said:

What a hero. To think I missed that at first. Thanks for opening my eyes.

Lets end it here, I apologize profusely, all the posts in this thread are great. In fact they are the best posts. Well except mine.

And storms off with faux outrage.

You should have dropped the mic first. It looks more impressive that way.

Sorry your attempt to portrait people as being racist/religiously intolerant using gaslighting failed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/13/2023 at 3:26 AM, TheDirtyDurian said:

I live in saudi. Hardly hear a thing with the windows closed. 

The first I'm always gonna be in bed at 4-5am. 

Rest of the time it's always daytime so what's the big deal. Last prayer maybe 7-9pm depending on location and time of year in Thailand.

Used to sit on the balcony of a hotel in Patong and hear the call, don't recall anyone complaining. 

Far worse noise offenses in Thailand to get worked up about. 

The calls give the day a nice rhythm. 

Yep, as long as the distance and prevailing wind is favorable, it's quite nice IMO.   Maybe same in Saudi, some of the Callers (in the Gulf) were very good, dare I say enjoyable.  Some, errr, more like animals howling in pain.  Excruciating.

I think some of the negative Nancys here have Islam PTSD from their home countries, in particular the last 15-odd years or so.   So they've escaped to Thailand ignorantly thinking it would be a respite, and then wind up next to a pack of Muslims and a mosque. 😄

Anonymity of social media gives them license to let it rip.

If they get out of hand, a Mod might send them to their room without supper, stewing in their juices about censorship and freedumb of speech - just another way the world has gone to hell in a hand basket since they were younger blokes.  The idle hours of retirement in Thailand must be filled somehow.  LOL.

• Like 1