200+ teams go door-to-door to find Covid-19 around Bangkok

Thaiger

As Covid-19 infections continue to surge in Thailand, passing the 5-figure 10,000 mark for daily infections today, PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has deployed over 200 teams to do door-to-door Covid-19 testing in the most at-risk areas of Bangkok. The rapid deployment troops will be made up of a coalition of national police and Thailand armed forces, and the teams are attempting to locate and isolate Covid-19 infections before they can spread further. This is an expansion of 69 teams launched just 2 days ago. The teams will be knocking on doors in Bangkok and its 5 surrounding provinces that are designated […]

The post 200+ teams go door-to-door to find Covid-19 around Bangkok appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I already commented on this article in another thread, but I forgot to ask one question. Are these army personnel carrying guns? What If I don't open the door?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

200+ teams go door-to-door to find Covid-19 around Bangkok

This is the most quintessentially Thai headline I have ever read ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Henryford said:

So they will be spreading the virus from door to door?

No, gathering it up and putting it back in the bottle,  a clever Health Ministry initiative.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Maybe that is their intention as they will know the addresses of the Elites, connected people etc so they will not be harassed.

10 minutes ago, SickBuffalo said:

This is the most quintessentially Thai headline I have ever read ?

Did you read the whole article? 

This is part of the original news:

The prime minister also ordered Isoc to install Tu Pun Sook "happiness-sharing cabinets" in various communities to boost efforts to provide relief to the most affected people, he said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

The teams will be knocking on doors in Bangkok

They might win the No-bell prize for this then .. 

Sorry that was too good to miss ..

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

They might win the No-bell prize for this then .

Which one? There are many Nobel categories.

39 minutes ago, BookShe said:

I already commented on this article in another thread, but I forgot to ask one question. Are these army personnel carrying guns? What If I don't open the door?

Not only do they carry guns, they arrive equipped with 'the big red key'. A 25kg battering ram that will open just about any door. They might even resort to tasering you through the letter box 555

• Haha 1

My friend was asking what are these "happiness-sharing cabinets" do. Are they sending go-go dancers to grieving families to cheer them up? I'm sorry but my friend is very curious.

Here Covy Covy Covy - Here Covy Covy Covy, come out come out where ever you are.

Now this is an invasion of privacy if you ask me, and a little bit too snoopy in your face and looking around your living quarters. They come to my gate in CM, they will not get an answer if I can help it.

Edited by HolyCowCm

21 minutes ago, Xaos said:

Medical terrorism at it best for a mild flu 

Mild flu huh? 

"Until recently, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimated the annual mortality burden of influenza to be 250 000 to 500 000 all-cause deaths globally; however, a 2017 study indicated a substantially higher mortality burden, at 290 000-650 000 influenza-associated deaths from respiratory causes alone, and a 2019 study estimated 99 000-200 000 deaths from lower respiratory tract infections directly caused by influenza"

As of today the reported covid death is 4,000,000 and rising. Unreported is probably a lot more in spite of all the lockdowns, travel restrictions, vaccinations, hand sanitizing, mask-wearing etc. 

Do you remember any lockdowns, travel restrictions, vaccinations, hand sanitizing, mask-wearing during the flu pandemic? 

I guess the facts don't disturb you too much, so keep watching Tucker. Rush Limbaugh is passed away, but the other moron... damn what's his name... the always angry snake oil guy... got it, Alex Jones.

Edited by BookShe

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

Do not confuse them with Jehovah's witnesses and volunteer to buy Watchtower

The teams will be knocking on doors in Bangkok and its 5 surrounding provinces that are designated as dark red zones and will offer free Covid-19 tests to everyone.

A FREE OFFER ….. and what could be first prize?

Anyone who tests positive for Covid-19 will be sent to a field hospital if they are affected by symptoms. Information suggested but did not confirm that asymptomatic infections uncovered would stay in at-home quarantine.

Sounds like a Phuket Sandbox. Lots of suggestions but no confirmation. I wonder what happens to all the high risk people, and people tracking? Knock on the next door?

1 hour ago, gummy said:

Post Covid - Jehova Witnesses using a more assertive approach

Post Covid Jehova Witness more assertive approach - The Shining scene.jpg

9 hours ago, gummy said:

Do you have a moment to talk about Covid-19? 

• Like 1