Phuket Sandbox looking ahead to Russian, UK travellers

Thaiger

It is said that if a person arriving in Thailand tests positive, all those who have had close contact with him must go into quarantine.

Unfortunately, and probably for good reason, the Thai do not say exactly what this means.

As long as this is the case, I assume that all passengers of the plane will be locked away.

Then everyone can easily calculate how big his chances for a nice holiday are.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, thai3 said:

Thailand will go from amber to red in the UK soon meaning quarantine hotels at about 1700 quid over 14 days on a return- few will suffer that for a couple of weeks in Phuket.

That must mean that hordes of idiots are already on their way from the UK -- just to rush back via overpriced flash-sale return flights after the ruling at home is changed with two days' notice?

9 hours ago, Soidog said:

The British are after labelled as arrogant. They are meek and mild compared to the Russians. Sorry to label a whole country as I’m sure that’s not the case. So I’ll be clear. Nearly all of the Russians I’ve seen in Phuket are arrogant people and easily turn to violence. They are also homophobic and racist. No apologies made for that comment I’m afraid. 

Ditto in Hua Hin mate when we were last there - not at all friendly and very 'serious' about whatever it is they are doing. 

16 minutes ago, THETRUTH said:

That must mean that hordes of idiots are already on their way from the UK -- just to rush back via overpriced flash-sale return flights after the ruling at home is changed with two days' notice?

Yep - Thailand has been added to the 'Red List' by EU overnight. UK will do the same sooner than latter I reckon.

And in recently announced news, Denmark have issued a ban of English and Scots entering the country, but not Welsh. Not sure how that is going to work, as there are no Welsh Passports and no hard border between the rest of GB and Wales.

In addition, France is only admitting people from the UK who have had a negative test 24 hours prior to arrival.

1 minute ago, JohninDubin said:

And in recently announced news, Denmark have issued a ban of English and Scots entering the country, but not Welsh. Not sure how that is going to work, as there are no Welsh Passports and no hard border between the rest of GB and Wales.

In addition, France is only admitting people from the UK who have had a negative test 24 hours prior to arrival.

No one going to France from UK then, takes 48 hours to get back your test result, nearly impossible to get one within the 72 hours ??

Maybe speak to them in Welsh?
Nah, that won't work as Welsh is spoken by by a minority, let lone 'foreign' incomers.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mike-Hunt said:

Maybe speak to them in Welsh?
Nah, that won't work as Welsh is spoken by by a minority, let lone 'foreign' incomers.

Hahaha ..

The Welsh language was invented by someone who lost at Scrabble .. 

how do you approach an angry Welsh cheese .? 

Caerphilly .. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Hahaha ..

Caerphilly .. 

Same as the Welsh road sign:

Please drive Caerphilly

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, PhayakPeter said:

No one going to France from UK then, takes 48 hours to get back your test result, nearly impossible to get one within the 72 hours ??

As I understand it, you get your test results then book  ticket to fly out with 24 hours. But clearly the French are not making it easy.

BTW, I've just seen that the UK led the world in infections yesterday.  1 in 1250 people were infected yesterday. And there are no signs of "Freedom day" being cancelled tomorrow. I suspect that much of the world will start to think about curtailing that Freedom with stringent entry requirements.

7 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

As I understand it, you get your test results then book  ticket to fly out with 24 hours. But clearly the French are not making it easy.

BTW, I've just seen that the UK led the world in infections yesterday.  1 in 1250 people were infected yesterday. And there are no signs of "Freedom day" being cancelled tomorrow. I suspect that much of the world will start to think about curtailing that Freedom with stringent entry requirements.

The certificate is dated the day of testing. 

Different nationality have different attitude to the Thais. Westerners tend to try to cooperate with them.

Hawk eyed Russians just watch them for cheating and have no intention of wanting to be liked. I saw Thais try to scam them on a jet Ski scam. The Russians just stood there staring them down.

When the Israelis first arrived in Kaosan Road. They argued about every price. I remember seeing one receptionist at a guest house saying to some argueing while checking out. "What is wrong with YOU people."

The israelis there reinforced the stereotype of the cheap Jew. I saw four of them sat around a table in a bar showing a film with one bottle of water in the center. They became so unpopular the Thais would not rent them rooms.

I must admit over the years I have increasingly adopted the Russian attitude, until I know they are not going to scam me.

Oh I arrived starry eyed when I first came on holiday in 1988, but I have had so many bad experiences I am not starry eyed any more . . .

Well if it's Welsh jokes, here's one.

Two Irishmen: One says to the other, "I'm going to the pictures tonight. Want to come with me"?

Friend replies, "What are you going to see"?

He replies "Moby Dick"

2nd Irishman: "No. I don't like sex films"

1st Irishman: "It's not a sex film. It's about Whales"

2nd Irishman: "That's even worse. I can't stand the Welsh"

• Haha 1

A guy chatting up two girls:

Guy: Where are you two girls from?

Girls: Wales.

Guy: OK. Where are you two whales from?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PhayakPeter said:

The certificate is dated the day of testing. 

Yes.  So? What's to stop you going straight to LHR after you've received it and buying a ticket on the next flight with available seats?

Yes.  So? What's to stop you going straight to LHR after you've received it and buying a ticket on the next flight with available seats?

To Thailand and all the paperwork need proof of flight and asq hotel before you get C o E. Stuff Europe 

• Like 1

Englishman goes into a pub in Wales and as he enters, shouts out, "Evening all. How are you"?

They totally blank him. He's surprised by this, as he has been told what a warm friendly people the Welsh are. He sees an old biddy in the corner of the pub and starts to talk to her. He tells her that he has heard that the Welsh are a warm and friendly people, but when he came into the pub and said, "Evening all, How are you"? the all ignored him.

The biddy tells him, that this was because he had done it wrong. He asks for an explanation and she tells him, "You should have said, 'Yakky Dar boyos. How are you?' and we would have all said "Yakky Dar" back to you"

The Englishman thanks her, tells her he will remember that in the future, finishes his drink and leaves the pub. A few minutes later he says a man with his legs sticking out from under a car and he's obviously got some sort of mechanical problem. He calls to him, "Yakky Dar Boyo, How are you"?

An English accent shouts back to him, "Eff off, you Welsh git",

15 minutes ago, PhayakPeter said:

To Thailand and all the paperwork need proof of flight and asq hotel before you get C o E. Stuff Europe 

So? I did say, that these were rules introduced by France? Nothing to do with TH.

Just now, JohninDubin said:

So? I did say, that these were rules introduced by France? Nothing to do with TH.

Same problem test is the last thing you get, go to airport day before, get your test, then no flights available? Not worth the risk for a holiday 

21 minutes ago, Mike-Hunt said:

A guy chatting up two girls:

Guy: Where are you two girls from?

Girls: Wales.

Guy: OK. Where are you two whales from?

I heard a similar joke to that:

Trump is on holiday and goes into bar in Greece. He talks to the barman ad tells him that if he can fix him up with a woman,, he will take good care of him. The barman promises to help. A few minutes later, two of the most beautiful he has ever seen come into the bar and order a drink.

Trump asks the barman to introduce him, but the barman tells him they will be no good for him because they are lesbians. Trump tells him that this is not a problem, He then walks over to the girls and says, Hello Girls. What part of Lesbia are you from".

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PhayakPeter said:

Same problem test is the last thing you get, go to airport day before, get your test, then no flights available? Not worth the risk for a holiday 

I am sure you misunderstood my post to begin with. Please! Give it up. Posts should not be about saving face.

You have at least 5 airlines flying to France from 5 London airports, when seat occupancy is low. What are the chances you can't get a seat?

7 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

Hahaha ..

Caerphilly .. 

Mathematician’s map of Wales

Anglesey.jpg

• Haha 1

Presently there are far more daily infections in the UK so do not recommend travel from UK to Thailand at this time. The UK is experimenting for herd immunity after most of the adult population fully vaccinated.