News Forum - Another Dutch national arrested in Phuket for illegally entering Thailand

Thaiger

A Dutch national was arrested in Phuket for illegally entering and staying in Thailand, on the same day that another Dutch national was arrested in Phuket for the same crime. The Immigration Office at Phuket International Airport said that over the past weekend, it arrested a 61 year old Dutch man. The man was apprehended …

The story Another Dutch national arrested in Phuket for illegally entering Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Anyone with tattoos (as seen in the picture) entering Thailand should be immediately returned to their own country.

The definition of a tattoo-wearing person should be a person of the underclass and deemed undesirable. 

• Haha 4
  • Cool 2

What about all the laos Myanmar Cambodian Vietnamese  prostitutes on soi chaiyapoom in pattaya with no work card or health certs that they don't have any disease working illegally never see them go back perfectly ok

• Angry 2

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

Anyone with tattoos (as seen in the picture) entering Thailand should be immediately returned to their own country.

The definition of a tattoo-wearing person should be a person of the underclass and deemed undesirable. 

Although tongue in cheek, there was a time when such a rule was enforced. Made for a better ambience. Hua Hin has a Bandido MC bar filled with people who I would not invite for dinner.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JamesR said:

And that says what about the multitude - the majority - of Thai men and women adorned with body art? Or are they deemed in your eyes to be 'desirable'?

1 hour ago, Buzzkill said:

What about all the laos Myanmar Cambodian Vietnamese  prostitutes on soi chaiyapoom in pattaya with no work card or health certs that they don't have any disease working illegally never see them go back perfectly ok

They have 'minders' who are easy to see... just look for the brown uniform.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

And that says what about the multitude - the majority - of Thai men and women adorned with body art? Or are they deemed in your eyes to be 'desirable'?

You seem to think you are meeting the majority of Thais, but you are actually meeting the minority of Thais.

I have seen bar girls with tattoos but they only represent 1% of the population, unfortunately, many farangs think that is the norm as they never meet standard Thais.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vigo said:

Although tongue in cheek, there was a time when such a rule was enforced. Made for a better ambience. Hua Hin has a Bandido MC bar filled with people who I would not invite for dinner.

No matter where you are in the world, if a place if full of tattooed characters then it is a good move to leave. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

You seem to think you are meeting the majority of Thais, but you are actually meeting the minority of Thais.

I have seen bar girls with tattoos but they only represent 1% of the population, unfortunately, many farangs think that is the norm as they never meet standard Thais.

I feel you are talking from a 'farang' part of the country. get out away from the tourist areas and look at the 'locals'. You might just be surprised.

6 hours ago, JamesR said:

Worked a few places where visible tattoos were not allowed - for example, this character would have had to wear a long sleeved shirt.

4 hours ago, Buzzkill said:

Same on Sukhumvit Soi 4, the police seem to completely ignore all the African freelancers. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Viggen840 said:

I feel you are talking from a 'farang' part of the country. get out away from the tourist areas and look at the 'locals'. You might just be surprised.

I have been all over the place in Thailand except Isaac, maybe that is where the majority of tattoos are to be found. 

On 4/1/2023 at 8:43 AM, JamesR said:

Stating the obvious here, but unless you've seen someone naked, how do you know they don't have a tattoo? 🤔🤔️ 

Plenty of Thai monks with tattoos, 

Thai fishermen are covered, Muay Thai fighters have loads. 

Are these all undesirable, low class people? 🤔🤔️ 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JamesR said:

I have been all over the place in Thailand except Isaac, maybe that is where the majority of tattoos are to be found. 

So you must be well aware of the Lanna tattoo culture in the North then? 

20 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Stating the obvious here, but unless you've seen someone naked, how do you know they don't have a tattoo? 🤔🤔️ 

I suppose they had the sense to hide them instead of having a 'look at me I am stupid' tattoo on my arm/leg etc. 

4 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Plenty of Thai monks with tattoos, 

Thai fishermen are covered, Muay Thai fighters have loads. 

Are these all undesirable, low class people? 🤔🤔️ 

I would happily commune with all three of those examples (and more) rather than straight-laced HiSo. And rip the covers away and guess how many of them have tattoos!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

So you must be well aware of the Lanna tattoo culture in the North then? 

I think he means Isaan and no, I don't think he is aware of the culture.

30 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

Thank god for that.

I did go on a day trip to a village well off the beaten track, the tour started in Chiang Mai and took a few hours to get there. 

This must have been around 1998.

The female villagers wore large rings around their necks, one added when the female grew in height.

I can't remember if they were tattoed or not, but they lived in dirty slums.

The Thai tour guide took me to fields of poppies, I did not know what they were at first, they turned out to be opium poppies grown by the villagers for sale,  not the ideal role model of a Thai I think. 

Will I be rushing out to get a tattoo anytime soon? Erm, nope.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Viggen840 said:

Well he said he'd been all over Thailand so I thought he'd know about the Lanna tattoo culture (Sak ka lai) in the North. 

Obviously not.... 😕

2 hours ago, JamesR said:

Thank god for that.

I did go on a day trip to a village well off the beaten track, the tour started in Chiang Mai and took a few hours to get there. 

This must have been around 1998.

The female villagers wore large rings around their necks, one added when the female grew in height.

I can't remember if they were tattoed or not, but they lived in dirty slums.

The Thai tour guide took me to fields of poppies, I did not know what they were at first, they turned out to be opium poppies grown by the villagers for sale,  not the ideal role model of a Thai I think. 

Will I be rushing out to get a tattoo anytime soon? Erm, nope.

Thanks for sharing your day trip with us, but I think you're mixing up some hilltribe with Lanna. 

Lanna refers to the area of the  former Kingdom of which the provinces in the North were part of. 

I went to Cha-am for the day once. 

49 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Thanks for sharing your day trip with us, but I think you're mixing up some hilltribe with Lanna. 

Lanna refers to the area of the  former Kingdom of which the provinces in the North were part of. 

I went to Cha-am for the day once. 

I hope you had a good time.

1 hour ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Well he said he'd been all over Thailand so I thought he'd know about the Lanna tattoo culture (Sak ka lai) in the North. 

Obviously not.... 😕

I see, "All over'' means every square inch?

You haven't been in my back garden (no double entendre intended) so that means you have also not been all over Thailand, no one has. 

But I do wish I had got to see a load of people with tattoos all over their bodies, they must be quite cultured. 

I know, I could go to Millwall Football Club, England, I am sure there are lots of tattoos to be seen there.