News Forum - Thailand expected to have a hotter summer this year

Thaiger

On 3/27/2023 at 3:48 AM, Ramanathan.P said:

Bikers love sun. They hate rain. When riding one will not feel the heat as the wind flow will take away the heat. Unless caught in traffic jam or traffic signal crossings or something like that. Apart from that if continue riding. it would be really enjoyable

Actually no, at high temperatures it's just like a hairdryer, and when the temperature is above body temperature you will not cool down

On 3/27/2023 at 4:14 AM, Marble-eye said:

Love the sun but the sweating is unbearable, stripped down a reclining sofa yesterday outside all under shade and still lost about half a kilo, but next day it's put itself back on.☹️🥵

And there's the problem, it's not heat, it's heat and humidity. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 12:08 PM, JamesR said:

I was away in Rayong and Hua Hin from the 5th of March so tomorrow in Phuket I will have a walk around and see if I can feel the difference from when I was there 23 days ago.

But I do check the temp on my weather app daily and it seems to be the same most of the year round. 

I did find the following average temperature chart, to me I will not be able to distinguish the difference between 32C and 34C.

Phuket, Mueang Phuket District, Phuket

Weather averages

Overview

Graphs

MonthHigh / Low(°C)Rain

January33° / 24°4 days

February34° / 25°2 days

March34° / 25°6 days

April34° / 26°11 days

May33° / 25°17 days

June32° / 25°17 days

July32° / 25°18 days

August32° / 25°18 days

September31° / 24°20 days

October32° / 24°19 days

November32° / 25°14 days

December32° / 24°8 days

That's because it doesn't take into account humidity levels. 

1 hour ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

That's because it doesn't take into account humidity levels. 

True, I can remember going to dry saunas, if a ladle full of water is poured on the heater there is an instant feeling of a rise in temperature, the dial on the thermometer stays the same but our body's perception is there has been an increase in temperature. 

On 3/27/2023 at 8:14 AM, Marble-eye said:

Love the sun but the sweating is unbearable, stripped down a reclining sofa yesterday outside all under shade and still lost about half a kilo, but next day it's put itself back on.☹️🥵

I hope you wore rubber underpants! 😄

• Haha 1