News Forum - Thailand expected to have a hotter summer this year

Thaiger

Thailand is bracing for a hotter summer this year, with the Meteorological Department forecasting an average temperature increase of one degree Celsius from last year. The hottest weather this week has been recorded in the North of the country, with temperatures peaking at 41.5°C in Phetchabun’s Muang district on Thursday. Closer to Bangkok, the highest …

The story Thailand expected to have a hotter summer this year as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Ramanathan.P said:

A good time to ride the motorcycle on an adventure tour....

Good time to stay in aircon .  Home, car, coffee shop, Big C, restaurant, all in aircon.  In any 24 hours; out of aircon, less than 20 minutes, in aircon 23 hours 40 minutes, less the time in the pool.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Good time to stay in aircon .  Home, car, coffee shop, Big C, restaurant, all in aircon.  In any 24 hours; out of aircon, less than 20 minutes, in aircon 23 hours 40 minutes, less the time in the pool.  

I hate AC

Well let me clarify 

I enjoy the comfort of AC but don't like being in it too much

Especially the portable ones that blow out 

I'd rather be a bit hot than have the AC on

Bit if it is too hot, I will use it

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Bikers love sun. They hate rain. When riding one will not feel the heat as the wind flow will take away the heat. Unless caught in traffic jam or traffic signal crossings or something like that. Apart from that if continue riding. it would be really enjoyable

Love the sun but the sweating is unbearable, stripped down a reclining sofa yesterday outside all under shade and still lost about half a kilo, but next day it's put itself back on.☹️🥵

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Love the sun but the sweating is unbearable, stripped down a reclining sofa yesterday outside all under shade and still lost about half a kilo, but next day it's put itself back on.☹️🥵

I don't mind sweating during the day

But hate sweating when I am out ag night and dressed nice

29 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Well thanks for that mental image 🙄

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Well thanks for that mental image 🙄

Well just for your information and out of common decency I withheld the most lurid details, which are, my T shirt gets so wet I could ring it out into a window cleaners bucket and nearly half fill it and my underpants are so wet they sag like a baby's used nappy, and for someone whose bathnight is on a Friday it can become quite problomatic, but it could explain why I don't have many friends. 🥴

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I hate AC

Well let me clarify 

I enjoy the comfort of AC but don't like being in it too much

Especially the portable ones that blow out 

I'd rather be a bit hot than have the AC on

Bit if it is too hot, I will use it

Yep, a lot of people feel like that.  For me, at my time of life, comfort is all, and that means a lot of AC and swimming pool. I don't drink alcohol.  or smoke, or take other stimulants, so AC is my comforter of choice.  Some of my family ask, if yew like AC so much, why do you live in such a hot place.  Good question, but the pluses out way the small negatives. 

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

when I am out ag night and dressed nice

I haven't 'dressed nice' for 8 years, shorts and a T shirt is as formal as I get.  

1 hour ago, Marble-eye said:

Well just for your information and out of common decency I withheld the most lurid details, which are, my T shirt gets so wet I could ring it out into a window cleaners bucket and nearly half fill it and my underpants are so wet they sag like a baby's used nappy, and for someone whose bathnight is on a Friday it can become quite problomatic, but it could explain why I don't have many friends. 🥴

Way too much detail there....  🤣

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

You have a bath once a week whether you need it or not! 😃

• Haha 1

In Phuket it seems to be the same all year round during the day, it is hot, or it is hot, or it is hot, except for the monsoon season where it rains, then it is hot, and then it rains, and then..........Ad infinitum for five months. 

Thank god for the aircon in the house, car, and shops.

Beach walk at 6 am before it becomes too hot, then I usually 'work' until 4 pm, then go for a four-mile walk around the reservoir which is 90% shaded by overhanging trees, and then into an air-con car, towel covering the seat, home, and straight into the shower.

5 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

and for someone whose bathnight is on a Friday it can become quite problomatic, but it could explain why I don't have many friends.

Nah that aint the reason 😛

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, JamesR said:

In Phuket it seems to be the same all year round during the day, it is hot, or it is hot, or it is hot, except for the monsoon season where it rains, then it is hot, and then it rains, and then..........Ad infinitum for five months.

Not true.  Now for example definitely feels much hotter in Phuket than 2 or 3 weeks ago.  That does not mean that it was cold then, but now it feels much hotter

Edited by MPK

3 minutes ago, MPK said:

Not true.  Now for example definitely feels much hotter in Phuket than 2 or 3 weeks ago.  That does not mean that it was cold then, but now it feels much hotter

I was away in Rayong and Hua Hin from the 5th of March so tomorrow in Phuket I will have a walk around and see if I can feel the difference from when I was there 23 days ago.

But I do check the temp on my weather app daily and it seems to be the same most of the year round. 

I did find the following average temperature chart, to me I will not be able to distinguish the difference between 32C and 34C.

Phuket, Mueang Phuket District, Phuket

Weather averages

Overview

Graphs

MonthHigh / Low(°C)Rain

January33° / 24°4 days

February34° / 25°2 days

March34° / 25°6 days

April34° / 26°11 days

May33° / 25°17 days

June32° / 25°17 days

July32° / 25°18 days

August32° / 25°18 days

September31° / 24°20 days

October32° / 24°19 days

November32° / 25°14 days

December32° / 24°8 days

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

I did find the following average temperature chart, to me I will not be able to distinguish the difference between 32C and 34C.

Yes, I have also wondered about this.  I think the problem with these temperature charts is that it is in the shade and is the average high, so the subjective feeling you get from this is much different.  

Just out of curiosity, does Hua Hin feel hotter to you than Phuket?

Edited by MPK

4 hours ago, JamesR said:

I was away in Rayong and Hua Hin from the 5th of March so tomorrow in Phuket I will have a walk around and see if I can feel the difference from when I was there 23 days ago.

But I do check the temp on my weather app daily and it seems to be the same most of the year round. 

Phuket, Mueang Phuket District, Phuket

Weather averages

Overview

Graphs

MonthHigh / Low(°C)Rain

January33° / 24°4 days

February34° / 25°2 days

March34° / 25°6 days

April34° / 26°11 days

May33° / 25°17 days

June32° / 25°17 days

July32° / 25°18 days

August32° / 25°18 days

September31° / 24°20 days

October32° / 24°19 days

November32° / 25°14 days

December32° / 24°8 days

I was in Thailand last month for 3 weeks

Sort of all over

And it was the best weather I have ever experienced in Thailand

Most days it said it was 30-32

Between 12-4pm it would be hot but the rest of the day was beautiful

We were in my wife's village in central Thailand and every morning felt like a nice sunny fall morning back in US

And a lot of times at night I was a bit cold riding on the MB

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2023 at 5:06 PM, MPK said:

Yes, I have also wondered about this.  I think the problem with these temperature charts is that it is in the shade and is the average high, so the subjective feeling you get from this is much different.  

Just out of curiosity, does Hua Hin feel hotter to you than Phuket?

I have been back in Phuket since the 28th of March, and it is hot, hot, hot, it feels hotter than Hua Hin.

No afternoon walks until the rains arrive in May.

I will be hiding in the aircon house until then except for aircon trips in my car to other aircon places.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

I have been back in Phuket since the 28th of March, and it is hot, hot, hot, it feels hotter than Hua Hin.

No afternoon walks until the rains arrive in May.

I will be hiding in the aircon house until then except for aircon trips in my car to other aircon places.

My 1st trip to Thailand ever I landed March 27th

And I was a hit heavier than I am now

I sweating my nuts off for 2 weeks! 555

1 minute ago, Marc26 said:

You lose any weight?

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

I have been in Thailand since October last year and I am still not used to the heat, and I never will be I think.

Although I do have the aircon set at 26C which is comfortable.