News Forum - Passport rip leaves TikTok creator unable to fly to Thailand

Thaiger

A passport rip left a TikTok creator unable to fly to Thailand. Arabella Leat’s holiday plans to Thailand with her mum were ruined due to the small rip on her passport, Daily Star reported. The young woman was left disappointed and unable to board her flight after airport staff deemed her passport unfit for travel. Arabella posted …

The story Passport rip leaves TikTok creator unable to fly to Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I once a few years back was almost not given my 1yr renewal because over the years the Thai Immigration would continually rip the old TM out and staple a new one in. Also the 90 day they would staple it in. Nice gesture by them but over a course of 10yrs it took a toll on one of the back pages. Luckily it only had 8 months left on it and they allowed me to use the old one as a new one was soon to be in the works. Ripped or torn passports are sometimes no joke.

49 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I once a few years back was almost not given my 1yr renewal because over the years the Thai Immigration would continually rip the old TM out and staple a new one in. Also the 90 day they would staple it in.

I always take those staples out, immediately, and just tuck the paper in the back of my passport cover.  I hate staples in my passport.

• Like 3

Disappointing for sure, but airport staff had no choice but deny boarding with that kind of rip. Gotta wonder how a passport can be this badly damaged without her knowing - so either she knew but hoped this wouldn't be a problem, or she didn't know and didn't check her passport. Either way she'll learn from this mistake, and great that she managed to order a new one quickly and fly.

10 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

I always take those staples out, immediately, and just tuck the paper in the back of my passport cover.  I hate staples in my passport.

I do too for the 90 day report receipt and before Covid when traveling too much for the TM. I like to use paper clips, but they always clip it with a staple. My last one was by 90 day check in a month ago. He took the paper clip out and stapled the new copy in and nothing you can do as do not want to make them upset. My last passport looks like a porcupine had sex with it on a repeated basis.

4 minutes ago, Pinga said:

Disappointing for sure, but airport staff had no choice but deny boarding with that kind of rip. Gotta wonder how a passport can be this badly damaged without her knowing - so either she knew but hoped this wouldn't be a problem, or she didn't know and didn't check her passport. Either way she'll learn from this mistake, and great that she managed to order a new one quickly and fly.

Doesn't have to be much as in damage, just a tear on one page that makes them questionable.

First off, that’s not a rip. She’s missing like 20% of a page. 

I don’t know if the UK has purely automated system for returning citizens but if she had to see a border agent they would have flagged it. 

But to me, kudos to the airline agent for catching it. I feel like a lot of times I check in they’re not that diligent in checking some things like the stay permit. 

5 hours ago, Pinga said:

I had flown all over with a way worse passport, the last year of it got a bit iffy, was pulled aside a bunch of times

Once in Thailand

Some told me it was the worst passport they have ever seen    :)

20230322_065320.jpg

9 hours ago, Marc26 said:

That's the most worn I've ever seen, though I have seen others more stupidly damaged.

"A passport rip left a TikTok creator unable to fly to Thailand."

No... carelessness in taking proper care of her passport left a tiktok creator unable to fly to Thailand... I can just imagine her "content" 

• Like 2

During the Pandemic, I had my passport soaked in a my laundry that went through a washing machine and all the stamps were practically gone with over 50 pages of travelling. Front page biometric hard page is in perfect condition.

I dried the passport out, iron it and straighten it up over 2 days and still the stamps turned out blurry.

Called Embassy and there is nothing they can do as I am travelling forward to another country out from my own.

Took my chances and I went through Thailand and Malaysia Customs (still stamping passports) with no Issue and then onroute back to Australia with autogate.

Thank goodness.

13 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I had flown all over with a way worse passport, the last year of it got a bit iffy, was pulled aside a bunch of times

Once in Thailand

20230322_065320.jpg

Looks similar to my last one. Travel worn.

12 hours ago, HiuMak said:

During the Pandemic, I had my passport soaked in a my laundry that went through a washing machine and all the stamps were practically gone with over 50 pages of travelling. Front page biometric hard page is in perfect condition.

I dried the passport out, iron it and straighten it up over 2 days and still the stamps turned out blurry.

Called Embassy and there is nothing they can do as I am travelling forward to another country out from my own.

Took my chances and I went through Thailand and Malaysia Customs (still stamping passports) with no Issue and then onroute back to Australia with autogate.

Thank goodness.

I guess that was my point when posted my old tired passport

I didn't think a tear in one page would deem the passport not suitable

As someone else said above, it really is about the whims of who is checking it that day

9 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Looks similar to my last one. Travel worn.

We applying for PR in Canada and I had to go back and look at my old passport(not this one) for about 30 trips I took

I was surprised that all the entry/exit stamps did line up, so I could give an accurate list of my travel past 10 years

10 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I was surprised that all the entry/exit stamps did line up, so I could give an accurate list of my travel past 10 years

Really?  I've never found mine to add up.  In the past, I had to go hunting, from page to page, to create a chronological history.

I haven't been out of the country since before the pandemic, so my visa extensions line up, but before that it was a mish mash of entry and exit stamps.

1 hour ago, MrStretch said:

Really?  I've never found mine to add up.  In the past, I had to go hunting, from page to page, to create a chronological history.

I haven't been out of the country since before the pandemic, so my visa extensions line up, but before that it was a mish mash of entry and exit stamps.

Yes I was quite surprised 

I honestly thought they just stamped randomly 

But I was able to see when I entered and exited on close to 30 trips over 10 years  to about 20 countries