News Forum - Thailand responds to incoming Russians with extradition treaty

Thaiger

2 hours ago, Pinetree said:

No, they are not a signatory to the ICC, so it is none binding on Russia, but it does send a powerful message and isolates Putin from the rest of the World. He dare not travel outside Russia now. Incidentally the US has not ratified the ICC treaty either. 

The next G20 is in India, also not a signatory to the ICC. 

Putin will be there, squinting through his facelifted visage with passive impunity, standing next to Modi in the photo op.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Strange is emphasis on the  Russian influx to Thailand because of the war. No mobilisation is expected in the near future.   We just like good weather and beaches. Those who come are not running from war. All is fine in Russia. 

• Like 2

On 3/17/2023 at 11:53 AM, Faz said:

Russian President Vladimir Putin has approved the proposal of the Cabinet of Ministers to sign an agreement with Thailand on mutual extradition of individuals on the wanted list

So this wanted list, is that the same as Putins conscription / call-up list?

10 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

So this wanted list, is that the same as Putins conscription / call-up list?

I quoted TASS, so you'll have to ask them.

12 hours ago, DKO said:

Strange is emphasis on the  Russian influx to Thailand because of the war. No mobilisation is expected in the near future.   We just like good weather and beaches. Those who come are not running from war.

Strange is the sudden influx of Russians to Thailand, presumably to avoid conscription.

12 hours ago, DKO said:

All is fine in Russia. 

Unless you're sent to Ukraine.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, DKO said:

Strange is emphasis on the  Russian influx to Thailand because of the war. No mobilisation is expected in the near future.   We just like good weather and beaches. Those who come are not running from war. All is fine in Russia. 

Maybe Russia has another name for "mobilization" just the same as 'The Special Military Operation' is not war.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Maybe Russia has another name for "mobilization" just the same as 'The Special Military Operation' is not war.

As in "training exercises" ?

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Poolie said:

Nor has India, China, Israel and around 45 other states. I doubt he worrying where his next holiday is coming from.

But 123 have 

• Like 1

The repeated claims that the  Russian influx is fueled by conscription avoiders looks shaky to me. I was in a bar last night which was  invaded by 10 middle aged Russians. They took over the youtube based video & music system and started playing "patriotic" Russian nationalistic type songs  that they were all singing along to.  We left after a few minutes. Earlier that evening we were eating in one of our favourite fish places which had more Russians than anyone else. None were conscription aged or fit for service. However, many looked like civil servants or other bureaucratic types. I was at a shopping center this morning and it was filled with younger Russian families.

It looks to me like these are all the Russians  who would have been traveling anyway, but are in Thailand because much of the civilized world won't let these people in.

There is an assumption that there are large numbers of Russians opposed to the war . I don't believe it. It seems to me that the vast majority of Russians support the  Ukrainian war crimes and savagery.   They are in Thailand because Thailand is exploiting the economic sanctions imposed elsewhere.

• Like 3

On 3/17/2023 at 5:11 AM, Andyroo said:

Send them all back. It will have a major impact on the cleanliness of the beaches if there are less of them to leave their bottles and bottle tops littering the beaches.

Ridiculous and childish comment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vigo said:

There is an assumption that there are large numbers of Russians opposed to the war . I don't believe it. It seems to me that the vast majority of Russians support the  Ukrainian war crimes and savagery.   They are in Thailand because Thailand is exploiting the economic sanctions imposed elsewhere.

Instead of "not believing" other's "assumption" and then creating one based on nothing, how about asking them what they think about it? If you dare, that is.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Manu said:

Instead of "not believing" other's "assumption" and then creating one based on nothing, how about asking them what they think about it? If you dare, that is.

I don't care what they think of the war, I couldn't be less interested in their views on what their genocidal criminal leaders are doing in their name. Get rid of them all I say, send them back to their rubbish tip of a Country and good riddance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

That'll show him eh?

123 represents the vast majority of the 193 Member States of the  UN, so yes, it does say something  substantial to the criminal Putin. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

I don't care what they think of the war, I couldn't be less interested in their views on what their genocidal criminal leaders are doing in their name. Get rid of them all I say, send them back to their rubbish tip of a Country and good riddance. 

Fine, but I was not asking you. "what you think" is pretty clear by now. I'll let my Russian friends to know about it tonight if you want though, I am sure they'll have trouble to sleep tonight, that should make you happy.

9 minutes ago, Manu said:

Fine, but I was not asking you. "what you think" is pretty clear by now. I'll let my Russian friends to know about it tonight if you want though, I am sure they'll have trouble to sleep tonight, that should make you happy.

You were talking to the forum member, therefore to me, as one such. They should indeed have trouble sleeping at night. I wonder if they give any thought to Ukrainian people, old people, women and kids, (those they haven't illegally abducted)  who can't sleep because their criminal leaders, in the name of all Russian people,  have destroyed their homes, their food supplies, their infrastructure, their power plants and are threatened by daily missile attacks.  Ask your Russian mates that! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

You were talking to the forum member, therefore to me, as one such.

Fine. But like I said, I (and everybody else) already know "what you think", so what is the point?? I was interesting to know the reaction to the member I asked the question, not yours again and again...

They should indeed have trouble sleeping at night. I wonder if they give any thought to Ukrainian people, old people, women and kids, (those they haven't illegally abducted)  who can't sleep because their criminal leaders, in the name of all Russian people,  have destroyed their homes, their food supplies, their infrastructure, their power plants and are threatened by daily missile attacks.  Ask your Russian mates that! 

You "wonder"? You just said in your previous post that "you do not care"? So you do wonder then... But if you want an answer to your "wondering", ask them yourself, I personally do care what they think, I do not "wonder", and I already know the answer.