News Forum - Transgender actress marries wealthy Thai businessman

Thaiger

Transgender actress, model, and beauty queen Poyd Treechada Petcharat yesterday tied the knot with wealthy Thai businessman Oak Bhavagha Hongyok. The ceremony, held at Phuket’s Baan Ar-Jor, followed the traditional Peranakan style, which originated with the wave of Chinese immigrants to the region six centuries ago, reported The Straits Times. The 36 year old Poyd …

The story Transgender actress marries wealthy Thai businessman as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well one cannot say that his transformation to a she made her exceptionally beautiful compared to any real normal born woman. Maybe some advantages to marrying a transgender as you may not get any type of any type mood swing within a certain time of the month, and just in general maybe more focused and stable. One thing is he can rule out kids but as long as he us happy then water floats his boat and good for them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Well one cannot say that his transformation to a she made her exceptionally beautiful compared to any real normal born woman. Maybe some advantages to marrying a transgender as you may not get any type of any type mood swing within a certain time of the month, and just in general maybe more focused and stable. One thing is he can rule out kids but as long as he us happy then water floats his boat and good for them.

".......as you may not get any type of any type mood swing within a certain time of the month,..."

Mood swings due to periods I assume you are referring to, that is a Western invention I think, together with postnatal depression etc, I have never seen an Asian 'suffer' from such things.

..."and just in general maybe more focused and stable."

Taking into account most murders, robberies, violence, and crime, in general, is committed mostly by men, I think your comment is a little off the mark.

"One thing is he can rule out kids......."

They can adopt kids.

1 minute ago, JamesR said:

Mood swings due to periods I assume you are referring to, that is a Western invention I think, together with postnatal depression etc, I have never seen an Asian 'suffer' from such things.

Well I guess you never met my wife and she is Thai. some months are better than others.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Well I guess you never met my wife and she is Thai. some months are better than others.

If she has spent any time living in the West then it was probably picked up as part of the expected behavior in that culture.

Or learned as an excuse to get sympathy, 😃  all I can say is it is not common in the East. 

Just now, JamesR said:

If she has spent any time living in the West then it was probably picked up as part of the expected behavior in that culture.

Or learned as an excuse to get sympathy, 😃  all I can say is it is not common in the East. 

Nope, no time spent living abroad and definitely no excuse for sympathy. We must live in two different worlds as from what i have seen it depends on the woman. Even my oldest and youngest daughters have their times but way way not so noticeable for the most part. As said, some months are worse than others and they are grumpy and not comfortable. But best to keep on topic. I always thought this transgender in the story was really hot.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JamesR said:

Every Thai girl is as moody as any Western girl I've ever known

And sorry post-partum depression is very real

And things may not be labeled like in the West

And Asians definitely get on with things more than us in the West do

But they also suffer from depression and such, it is just not recognized or treated in Asia

And it is way over treated in the West

That I will absolutely agree with you 

So a guy married another guy who pretends he's a woman.  Nothing new in this, up to them how they wish to live, but let's stop addressing such situations with inaccurate and inappropriate language.  

1 minute ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Wish the couples a happy married life. God Bless them both

What has a pretend, mythical figure got to do with it? Bless them by all means,  but it means more if you leave out some none existent God.  Odds are that they are Buddhists anyway, so they won't  believe in a 'God' 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

So a guy married another guy who pretends he's a woman.  Nothing new in this, up to them how they wish to live, but let's stop addressing such situations with inaccurate and inappropriate language.  

One doesn't have a stick shift or can call it a kick stand. I actually think some are born into the wrong bodies, but the body is still a females or males body no matter what the cosmetics and cut and tucks do to it. I am indifferent on this one with this particular person.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Nope, no time spent living abroad and definitely no excuse for sympathy. We must live in two different worlds as from what i have seen it depends on the woman. Even my oldest and youngest daughters have their times but way way not so noticeable for the most part. As said, some months are worse than others and they are grumpy and not comfortable. But best to keep on topic. I always thought this transgender in the story was really hot.

We must indeed live in different worlds.

It is the first time I have heard of the woman in the article.

I stayed many years ago in a condo in Patong where a lot of the 'women' who worked in the ladyboy stage live show lived, some were more attractive than 'real women', well until they spoke that is. 😃

I chatted to one or two as they were neighbours and they told me they had been taking hormone tablets since they were teenagers.

I suppose the difference between the West and here is in the West they are always congratulating themselves for being forward-looking and how great they are to be accepting of this 'genre' of people but it has been going on in Thailand for decades and no one gives a second look, they just blend into society like anyone else, which I think is great.

I do though laugh to myself sometimes when going into Lotus for example and the cashier is a big bloke wearing makeup including lipstick and says "Cop Khun Cah", after I have paid for my goods.😃

15 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

I doubt any of them are pretending to be women unless they have had their brains removed as well as the other bits and pieces.

I am sure they know they are men in altered bodies.

And I am sure they are sure that we know too, they don't try and take us for fools I suppose.

"....up to them how they wish to live..."

You are very kind to give your permission, I am sure they will appreciate it. 

59 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Or mine. Two decades of marriage have given me 6th sense on that one. 

It took me years to recognise it, but once you do, everything just makes so much sense. 

The week before can be interesting.... 😆😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JamesR said:

You are very kind to give your permission, I am sure they will appreciate it. 

Where did I even suggest that?

I don't care one jot how they live their lives, it's the pretense and the language that goes with it, that is now World wide,  that gets my goat.  Say it as it is, which at least they do in Thailand, even if the Western world seems incapable of doing so. 

38 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Every Thai girl is as moody as any Western girl I've ever known

And sorry post-partum depression is very real

And things may not be labeled like in the West

And Asians definitely get on with things more than us in the West do

But they also suffer from depression and such, it is just not recognized or treated in Asia

And it is way over treated in the West

That I will absolutely agree with you 

All I can say is that has not been my experience having been part of Asian (as in Indian) culture since I was a teenager in England.

I am English and so I had both Asian and English family ties and there was a huge difference when it came to 'women's so-called problems. 

All I can do is disagree and leave it at that.

3 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Where did I even suggest that?

I don't care one jot how they live their lives, it's the pretense and the language that goes with it, that is now World wide,  that gets my goat.  Say it as it is, which at least they do in Thailand, even if the Western world seems incapable of doing so. 

They do say it as it is in Thailand, they are called ladyboys, as in lady and boy, how can they be any clearer?

56 minutes ago, JamesR said:

They do say it as it is in Thailand, they are called ladyboys, as in lady and boy, how can they be any clearer?

Do you ever even read a post before you spout off? Based on many of your replies, I very much doubt that.  I said"  

Say it as it is, which at least they do in Thailand

Get it now? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Do you ever even read a post before you spout off? Based on many of your replies, I very much doubt that.  I said"  

Say it as it is, which at least they do in Thailand

Get it now? 

I stand corrected. 👍

• Thanks 1

Poyd’s accomplishments and visibility as a transgender woman have helped to raise awareness and acceptance of the LGBTQ+ community in Thailand and beyond.

And now the husband is part of the LGBTQIA+ (the article left a few out) community. 

1 hour ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Poyd’s accomplishments and visibility as a transgender woman have helped to raise awareness and acceptance of the LGBTQ+ community in Thailand and beyond.

And now the husband is part of the LGBTQIA+ (the article left a few out) community. 

Makes me wonder if the husband was always a little sideways or not, and if not then what can she do that no real chick can do?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Maybe some advantages to marrying a transgender as you may not get any type of any type mood swing within a certain time of the month, and just in general maybe more focused and stable.

I think you left out the main benefits - a** is never off the menu, and no such thing as "not in the mood". 🤣

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Pinga said:

I think you left out the main benefits - a** is never off the menu, and no such thing as "not in the mood". 🤣

One thing comes to mind and it refers to being able to suck the chrome off a bumper