News Forum - Transgender actress marries wealthy Thai businessman

Thaiger

18 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Poyd’s accomplishments and visibility as a transgender woman have helped to raise awareness and acceptance of the LGBTQ+ community in Thailand and beyond.

And now the husband is part of the LGBTQIA+ (the article left a few out) community. 

I don't get all of this LGBABCDEFGHI......... rubbish where each group calls themselves a community, why distinguish the differences between people, if we were all just called people then the sexual orientation of a person will not matter, and will not need to be mentioned.

Giving each group a distinct title creates a problem.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JamesR said:

I don't get all of this LGBABCDEFGHI......... rubbish where each group calls themselves a community, why distinguish the differences between people, if we were all just called people then the sexual orientation of a person will not matter, and will not need to be mentioned.

Giving each group a distinct title creates a problem.

These things have nothing at all to do with one another. 

Gender identity is not about sexuality. 

There are two types of transsexual, even if we ignore the autogynephilia theory, the age of onset predicts life history, sexual orientation, etc.

Any biological or social cause of male or female homosexuality, cannot possibly apply to the opposite sex. (Think about it.)

These categories are treated apart by law and public opinion. In Victorian Britain, male homosexuality was illegal, but lesbianism was not.

LGBT is not a scientific, medical, sociological, or any other kind of category of people, except in identity politics. 

As for the couple. I'll refrain from making jokes about Thai brides, and them preferring anal... 

What defines a man and woman, in this kind of context, by the way? First and foremost, do they have a penis, or a vagina. Chromosomes and gendering aside, that's point number one. Secondly, do they seem female. This may be cynical about both transpeople, and how others perceive them, and even how they see themselves. But it's true. People pick up on cues subconsciously, thrn fit their perception to deeply rooted, even universal cultural constructs, like 'boys have a penis and girls have a vagina, which must be true, most of the time, no? 

On 3/1/2023 at 10:13 PM, HolyCowCm said:

Well one cannot say that his transformation to a she made her exceptionally beautiful compared to any real normal born woman. Maybe some advantages to marrying a transgender as you may not get any type of any type mood swing within a certain time of the month, and just in general maybe more focused and stable. One thing is he can rule out kids but as long as he us happy then water floats his boat and good for them.

I've heard that the LB's do get the mood swings. Maybe less consistently I dunno