News Forum - Chiang Mai tackles PM2.5 pollution with giant vacuum cleaner

Thaiger

26 minutes ago, Khunmark said:

The pollution here is pretty bad at the moment. Let’s hope it improves over the coming days and weeks.

It's mainly high level and being swept down along the Indian border of the himalayan range.  Mae hong son and Burma copping it worse.

• Like 2

On 2/10/2023 at 5:03 PM, Soidog said:

I’d have posted my favourite GIF but you won’t let me

Is that the guy taken to hospital to have the vacuum cleaner removed from his body part? Noting from a Thaiger news article, Thais frequented 40 percent of “Those” sites so I’m sure the local Chang Mai government can make some money out of their rather large contraption.

• Haha 1

On 2/11/2023 at 10:04 AM, TSS said:

what these geniuses should do is hang hundreds of these things from hundreds of helicopters and fly them around the country 24/7😜

Crap you let the cat out of the bag, that was next year's solution.😂

10 minutes ago, BainaiThai said:

Indeed, it sucks

Fortunately, Mother Nature intervened with overnight storm activity and light rain which settled the dust and cleared the sky. Blue patches are poking through low level mist ... 24c and 80% humidity as of 0915!