News Forum - Raging Russian tourist wreaks havoc on two Pattaya 7-Eleven stores

Thaiger

A Russian tourist smashed his way through the door at a 7-Eleven convenience store on Walking Street in Pattaya in Chon Buri province early this morning, injuring himself and others. He continued to vandalize a second 7-Eleven branch before being detained by police. An employee explained that a Russian man, estimated to be 35 – …

The story Raging Russian tourist wreaks havoc on two Pattaya 7-Eleven stores as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So are they going to once again demonize weed since he had a weed leaf jacket on and it was specifically mentioned in the article which is irrelevant? If he was trying to escape the Russian death sentence of going to Putin's war, then he probably stupidly just bought himself a fast track ticket back home to be going to the Russian front.

Edited by Faz
Image in breach of FG's removed
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

The wrathful Russian – wearing a marijuana-themed blazer – ran at the shop window

Worst case of the munchies ever! 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

f he was trying to escape the Russian death sentence of going to Putin's war, then he probably stupidly just bought himself a fast track ticket back home to be going to the Russian front.

Good. 

12 minutes ago, Vigo said:

Why the surprise? he behaved no differently than his countrymen in the Ukraine.

True, but I don't think any of us are surprised. 

I flew on aeroflot once from Moscow to Bangkok and the same thing happened half way through the flight. Except the tee shirt was about Muay Thai. It wasn't fun at all.

13 minutes ago, Wackamole said:

I flew on aeroflot once from Moscow to Bangkok and the same thing happened half way through the flight. Except the tee shirt was about Muay Thai. It wasn't fun at all.

Very brave of you, braver than me.   

• Haha 1

It is ok. Tourists can do whatever they like and Thailand will always accept as they don't want to hurt tourists feelings. Lucky he did in Thailand. Try to do that in Malaysia....you will be whacked by the people first before handing over to police. 

7 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Very brave of you, braver than me.   

lol took 5 or 6 of the bravest of all to subdue him and put him in a straitjacket for the rest of the flight

8 hours ago, Vigo said:

Why the surprise? he behaved no differently than his countrymen in the Ukraine.

Yes just generalize about all Russians.  Very mature of you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not a generalization, but based upon my direct experience. There was a time when Russians were better behaved. The demographic of Russians who visit Thailand now, has changed significantly from past years. Previously, Thailand was an affordable holiday for the wealthier regular Russian, or university student. They kept to themselves and with the exception of the small criminal element were low key. The students were friendly decent people.   From what I see since the return of the Russians, is that give the feel that they are government and regime cogs. Many look like military or FSB types with the same military haircuts and nasty arrogant cold stares. Their female partners/wives are pushy, rude and just nasty. Overall, I don't believe that the Russians who previously came to Thailand have returned because they don't have the financial means. What we have are the thugs and dregs of the Putin totalitarian regime and, yes they act as they do in the Ukraine. The difference here though is that they are not looting washing machines or executing grannies in the streets. From what I see, we have a  very different type of Russian visitor than before. Perhaps my area only attracts these types and all the nice Russians are elsewhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saunk said:

Yes just generalize about all Russians.  Very mature of you.

I don’t think it’s a generalisation of all Russians. It was a statement that explained his thuggish and unlawful behaviour is the same as those Russians doing the same in Ukraine. 

14 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

So are they going to once again demonize weed since he had a weed leaf jacket on and it was specifically mentioned in the article which is irrelevant? If he was trying to escape the Russian death sentence of going to Putin's war, then he probably stupidly just bought himself a fast track ticket back home to be going to the Russian front.

I don't think anyone demonized weed, but if the jacket fits...

20 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A Russian tourist smashed his way through the door at a 7-Eleven convenience store on Walking Street in Pattaya in Chon Buri province early this morning, injuring himself and others. He continued to vandalize a second 7-Eleven branch before being detained by police.

That is what they did to Ukraine. 

I lived in Saint Peterburg Russia for 2 years while doing web design for a company wanting to get into the American and european market back in 2005. Absolutley the worst group of people I have ever had the displeasure to live among. Selfish, racist, gleefully xenophobic, rude, arrogant, and the worst drunks I have ever seen. I travelled the world in the Army and travel now as a remote location paramedic. I have met all sorts of people, and Russians are the worst. Just check the Pattaya news headlines, its loaded with Russians and their bad behavior.

The only physical altercation I had in 12 Thailand trips was with a Russian man. His wife was taking up two seats on a bus. SHe reclined her seat and it smashed into my shins ( not intentional ) I politley asked her to put her seat up so I could move my legs and she just ignored me. I spoke in Russian and she looked back and ignored me again. I tried to get my legs free ( I am 6 foor 3 on a Thai bus ) and only managed to scrape the metal bar across my shin and I shouted out in pain. Her husband was hovering over me shouting even as I pointed to my bleeding shin. He said he didnt care. I tried to get past him to sit up front ( the driver motioned for me to sit near the front after my GF explained to him the situation ) this guy blocked me and kept shouting with his fist balled up. I finally pie faced him when I thought he was going to hit me. He fell onto his wife and I walked up to where the driver told me to sit. Then the driver pulled over and made them both get off the bus as they continued to shout and make a scene.

I speak some Russian... when I am around Russians, like on the baht bus... they are shit talking everyone around them, Thai people, just saying awful stuff. I work with international workers... the client I work for stopped hiring Russians for any type of work because they were constant problem.

I have friends from the Phillipines, Africa, all over europe and Asia. I never believed the 1980s propaganda about Russians always being bad guys... after years living with them... I despise them. Just an awful group of people. They are better off with communism and being locked inside their own country. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Danbrooks2k said:

I lived in Saint Peterburg Russia for 2 years while doing web design for a company wanting to get into the American and european market back in 2005. Absolutley the worst group of people I have ever had the displeasure to live among. Selfish, racist, gleefully xenophobic, rude, arrogant, and the worst drunks I have ever seen. I travelled the world in the Army and travel now as a remote location paramedic. I have met all sorts of people, and Russians are the worst. Just check the Pattaya news headlines, its loaded with Russians and their bad behavior.

The only physical altercation I had in 12 Thailand trips was with a Russian man. His wife was taking up two seats on a bus. SHe reclined her seat and it smashed into my shins ( not intentional ) I politley asked her to put her seat up so I could move my legs and she just ignored me. I spoke in Russian and she looked back and ignored me again. I tried to get my legs free ( I am 6 foor 3 on a Thai bus ) and only managed to scrape the metal bar across my shin and I shouted out in pain. Her husband was hovering over me shouting even as I pointed to my bleeding shin. He said he didnt care. I tried to get past him to sit up front ( the driver motioned for me to sit near the front after my GF explained to him the situation ) this guy blocked me and kept shouting with his fist balled up. I finally pie faced him when I thought he was going to hit me. He fell onto his wife and I walked up to where the driver told me to sit. Then the driver pulled over and made them both get off the bus as they continued to shout and make a scene.

I speak some Russian... when I am around Russians, like on the baht bus... they are shit talking everyone around them, Thai people, just saying awful stuff. I work with international workers... the client I work for stopped hiring Russians for any type of work because they were constant problem.

I have friends from the Phillipines, Africa, all over europe and Asia. I never believed the 1980s propaganda about Russians always being bad guys... after years living with them... I despise them. Just an awful group of people. They are better off with communism and being locked inside their own country. 

One of my best friends married a Russian girl and she is just downright weird 

Not to mention a nightmare to him

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2023 at 7:30 AM, Danbrooks2k said:

BOY OH BOY IS YOUR RACISM SHOWING. Next time keep it behind closed doors before you get doxed.

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Alexander_dmitriev said:

BOY OH BOY IS YOUR RACISM SHOWING. Next time keep it behind closed doors before you get doxed.

you said the self same thing to me on another post subject dealing with Russian behavior, clearly cut and paste.  My reply to your comment is on the other post. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Alexander_dmitriev said:

Why is calling out the truth based on personal experiences racist. When did facts become racism? 

• Like 4