News Forum - Indian man jailed for urinating on 70 year old female passenger

Thaiger

An Indian man has been jailed after he urinated on a 70 year old woman passenger on an Air India New York to New Delhi flight. A New Delhi court sentenced Shankar Mishra to 14 days in prison for outraging the modesty of a woman while police investigated the incident on Saturday, November 26, 2022. If convicted, he faces up to three years in prison. Indian police arrested the disorderly airline passenger after a woman complained the man urinated on her. New Delhi Police spokesperson Suman Nalva reported that Mishra was picked up by police in the southern city of Bengaluru […]

The story Indian man jailed for urinating on 70 year old female passenger as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Wells Fargo SVP who was terminated as a result. The Indian newspaper account offered a strange explanation including the woman encouraging him to do so. It's bad enough that Indian flight lavs are blocked and out of order 1 hour into their flights but this takes the cake.

• Like 2

Not to stereotype, but India; the second filthiest country after China...

And our Thai bureaucrats and politicians - not to mention the tourism sector - are willing to roll belly up to bring more of them in.

2 hours ago, Viggen840 said:

And our Thai bureaucrats and politicians - not to mention the tourism sector - are willing to roll belly up to bring more of them in.

Perhaps they have a more up-to-date view of other countries? Have a lovely afternoon. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

It is time to ban all alcohols and those who are drunk to be on board in flights. 

I don't think it has ever been legal to be drunk on an airplane.  Most people are able to drink responsibly.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bushav8r said:

I don't think it has ever been legal to be drunk on an airplane.  Most people are able to drink responsibly.

Agreed...but there are still come bad apples to be managed

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

It is time to ban all alcohols and those who are drunk to be on board in flights. 

I don’t like too many controls in society unless it is for the greater good, or for safety reasons. I can’t think of a more obvious decision than to ban alcohol on flights. We banned smoking years ago (even though the airlines still insist on announcing its a non-smoking flight!) on the basis of safety, yet we allow a drug like alcohol to be consumed. 

Of course having a glass (plastic cup) of wine can be nice with a meal, but some people go too far. 

The only downside is that some people would drink more before a flight if they knew non on board. What then? Ban alcohol at airports? People then drink down the road and turn up late for flights…….. Basically, it’s not metal detectors we need at airport security. It’s A-Hole detectors we need. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I don’t like too many controls in society unless it is for the greater good, or for safety reasons. I can’t think of a more obvious decision than to ban alcohol on flights. We banned smoking years ago (even though the airlines still insist on announcing its a non-smoking flight!) on the basis of safety, yet we allow a drug like alcohol to be consumed. 

Of course having a glass (plastic cup) of wine can be nice with a meal, but some people go too far. 

The only downside is that some people would drink more before a flight if they knew non on board. What then? Ban alcohol at airports? People then drink down the road and turn up late for flights…….. Basically, it’s not metal detectors we need at airport security. It’s A-Hole detectors we need. 

Which reminds of a flight back from Tokyo I made several years ago. Three drunk and unruly Australians waiting to board the flight I was on, were politely told by the petite Japanese service desk lady that they would not be boarding the flight. Their bluff and bluster failed to carry the day and their bags were removed from the luggage compartment. The flight was delayed one hour whilst this took place, but no-one complained. After all, who would want to endure a 10 hour flight with a bunch of drunken imbeciles?

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Soidog said:

We banned smoking years ago (even though the airlines still insist on announcing its a non-smoking flight!) on the basis of safety, yet we allow a drug like alcohol to be consumed. 

I have often thought that if alcohol had only recently been discovered it would probably be a Class A drug, along with the likes of heroin.

The offenders statement prior to his arrest (reported by the BBC) are telling - they are along the lines of "so what, I paid to have her clothes cleaned, and there are no witnesses, so you can't prove it".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-64207235

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Khunmark said:

After all, who would want to endure a 10 hour flight with a bunch of drunken imbeciles?

Agreed. Bad enough spending 10 hours with 25% of the passengers on board being imbeciles, without them being drunk as well 😉

5 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

I have often thought that if alcohol had only recently been discovered it would probably be a Class A drug, along with the likes of heroin.

The offenders statement prior to his arrest (reported by the BBC) are telling - they are along the lines of "so what, I paid to have her clothes cleaned, and there are no witnesses, so you can't prove it".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-64207235

I’ve visited India several times with my work, mainly in and around Mumbai. I have to say, that in the last 10 years, I’ve noted a worrying trend in the number of people who behave arrogantly. Perhaps it’s the increase of wealth by many of them in the area. I’m often amazed how those from the poorest of backgrounds behave the most arrogant and obnoxious once they get money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

I normally start drinking on long haul flights say like bs k to the USA or visa versa. Short ones almost never ever. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I normally start drinking on long haul flights say like bs k to the USA or visa versa. Short ones almost never ever. 

I love a drink, but on a flight I find it gives me a thumping headache. I’ll have a glass or two of wine with my meal, but after that I have water or a fruit juice. We should be able to have a drink on a plane. It’s like all these rules in society. They are there to control the minority at the impact to the majority. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I love a drink, but on a flight I find it gives me a thumping headache. I’ll have a glass or two of wine with my meal, but after that I have water or a fruit juice. We should be able to have a drink on a plane. It’s like all these rules in society. They are there to control the minority at the impact to the majority. 

I normally won’t touch the wine if looks too cheap if in economy. But will have beers . Fir Business class I still take a look at what champagne or wine if to drink it but I will always have beer as well. No more than 4 then eat and sleep then watch a movie. It’s all timing on the long hauls. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I think airlines monitor peoples intake. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Agreed...but there are still come bad apples to be managed

So according to you, responsible travellers are to be treated the same way idiots are?

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

I’m often amazed how those from the poorest of backgrounds behave the most arrogant and obnoxious once they get money. 

Just like (ruling) senior politicians in Thailand.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Viggen840 said:

We get that you hate China. But to say China is filtheir than India is just nonsense and you know it. 

• Haha 1