News Forum - Pattaya reveals ugly side of Sin City: rats, rubbish, & rat-arsed

Thaiger

The morning after the night before in Pattaya reveals the ugly side of the popular party city. “They danced and sang, and the music played in a da boom-boom town” on New Year’s Eve but now the clean-up of Sin City begins. Pattaya woke this morning to garbage strewn all over the pavements and beach areas, witnessed drunks sleeping among the litter and rats dodging in and out of discarded rubbish. It wasn’t quite Ratatouille but rodents were seen gorging on a New Year’s Day feast of leftovers. Police were busy trying to keep the peace between the city’s ladyboy […]

The story Pattaya reveals ugly side of Sin City: rats, rubbish, & rat-arsed as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

How is this news? This seems to describe not only Mew Years day, but the other 364 days in Pattaya party zones. Not only Pattaya either!

I recall being in Big Dogs in Soi 4 Bangkok a few years back. I noticed a dead rat resting in a rut in the road heading in to the plaza. Assuming this animal had died the night before, I was sure it would be removed later that evening. By 11pm I returned to the bar for my bedtime drink only to find the dead animal still there but looking a little squashed by the pedestrian traffic. Three more nights I passed the area and the rotting rat remained in plain sight. Its skeleton is possibly still there ? 

27 minutes ago, Soidog said:

How is this news? This seems to describe not only Mew Years day, but the other 364 days in Pattaya party zones. Not only Pattaya either!

I recall being in Big Dogs in Soi 4 Bangkok a few years back. I noticed a dead rat resting in a rut in the road heading in to the plaza. Assuming this animal had died the night before, I was sure it would be removed later that evening. By 11pm I returned to the bar for my bedtime drink only to find the dead animal still there but looking a little squashed by the pedestrian traffic. Three more nights I passed the area and the rotting rat remained in plain sight. Its skeleton is possibly still there ? 

Actually I am aware of what happened to that particular rat. Its bones were gathered up and mounted in a display case then it was subsequently sold to a tourist as the "Last example of a Siberian Hamster" before they went extinct. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Soidog said:

It's click baity. Are you a resident ?

What’s the bid deal regarding gambling ?    The real crime is the trashing of the beaches and it’s effects on the environment. Our world has become a cess pool because keeping tourist and reckless Thais happily spending, has become a priority.   SHAME !

• Like 1