News Forum - Thailand’s rescued tiger cubs fattening up, but not for the pot

Thaiger

Thailand’s rescued tiger cubs are fattening up nicely in Udon Ratchathani, but these guys have already been saved from the pot. Laos’ wildlife authorities are finally assisting Thailand’s search for 30 tiger cubs trafficked across the border to be fattened up and fed to sexually-challenged Chinese customers in underground Bangkok eateries. Chaiwat Limlikitaksorn, director of the Ubon Ratchathani’s National Parks, said on Sunday that the missing cubs will most likely be smuggled back into Thailand to be sold to restaurants catering for exotic tastes. Bangkok has no shortage of restaurants serving dishes like sautéed tiger meat, tiger-bone wine and bear […]

The story Thailand’s rescued tiger cubs fattening up, but not for the pot as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It is unfortunate that these cubs are being raised like this as they now have only one future in store and that is captivity.

They need to establish where the cug=bs originated - what sub-species they are and their future needs to be mapped out with their welfare in mind - they are not exhibits, they may a valuable part of the eco-system and need to be conserved as such

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Poolie said:

Someone needs to join in with the times. No-one eats bear paws or tiger doo-dahs any more. Bit like bat soup, media frenzy.

Really? 
https://www.thegreatprojects.com/blog/bear-paw-soup-learn-about-this-vile-practise

Perhaps the Chinese are happier just painfully extracting bile from bears these days. Is that what you regarding as joint in with the times? 
https://www.animalsasia.org/intl/end-bear-bile-farming-2017.html

You should get out more @Poolie and take a closer look at your beloved China. Maybe you can’t at the moment, but things are opening up. Don’t forget your face mask though. 

EB02825C-C882-4F3B-B2BD-A465FC55F238.jpeg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, cowslip said:

Yes they do!

Ah, panto season. Jolly good. Oh no they don't!!

I'm absolutely assured that the generations that did, no longer exists.

3 hours ago, Poolie said:

Ah, panto season. Jolly good. Oh no they don't!!

I'm absolutely assured that the generations that did, no longer exists.

You are grossly misinformed.

Tiger farms all over Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and China provide body parts for human consumption.

Thai billionaire Premchai Karnasuta was jailed for cooking rare black leopard in 2021.

I can't really understand why you think this doesn't happen - just look at te posts above,

1 hour ago, cowslip said:

Tiger farms all over Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and China provide body parts for human consumption.

Thai billionaire Premchai Karnasuta was jailed for cooking rare black leopard in 2021.

I can't really understand why you think this doesn't happen - just look at te posts above,

At least I'm somewhat informed and not by rumours from media.

My wife is a pharmacist lecturer here in China, and she informs me very firmly that those things belong in a former era.

• Haha 1

I find it almost unbelievable that someone who teaches pharmacy is so un-informed of the effects of TCM on wildlife and the illegal trade that supplies it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Poolie said:

At least I'm somewhat informed and not by rumours from media.

My wife is a pharmacist lecturer here in China, and she informs me very firmly that those things belong in a former era.

Including Bear Pile extraction? Nonsense. Total and utter garbage. You both need to get a double VPN and start checking out what the rest of the entire world knows. Utterly incredulous. 

4 hours ago, cowslip said:

The guy is either totally lost or, as I’ve suggested more than once, in the pay of the CCP. 

I can take his odd childish one liners, but lately he’s been overstepping the mark far too often. I need to check the forum rules about spreading misinformation. No matter what the situation is, gross misinformation is unacceptable and no excuse.  

5 minutes ago, Soidog said:

The guy is either totally lost or, as I’ve suggested more than once, in the pay of the CCP. 

I can take his odd childish one liners, but lately he’s been overstepping the mark far too often. I need to check the forum rules about spreading misinformation. No matter what the situation is, gross misinformation is unacceptable and no excuse.  

I guess he's just a troll - nobody can be that out of touch by accident.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Poolie said:

Someone needs to join in with the times. No-one eats bear paws or tiger doo-dahs any more. Bit like bat soup, media frenzy.

Apparently they do, otherwise we wouldn't be reading such a story. If only there was an actual  OngBak  to take care of these barbarians.

• Like 1

this article voices concerns about a further 30Tigers that may be eaten.

"Chaiwat Limlikit-aksorn, director of the National Park Conservation Area Administration Office 9 in Ubon Ratchathani, said on Sunday that his office and its Laos counterpart were working to track down the new shipment of cubs.

He reckons the cubs will be sneaked back into Thailand to be sold to illegal eateries providing exotic meat."

https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/aseanplus-news/2022/12/19/thailand-laos-tracking-down-another-30-smuggled-tiger-cubs-expected-to-be-sold-as-exotic-meat