News Forum - Chinese Tourists Returning to Thailand Soon? Exciting Opportunities Ahead | GMT

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Manu said:

"Clear to everyone"? I am not sure when I read your post who is "indoctrinated" really... Apart from the few covid vaccine fans on this forum, nobody gives a toss anymore about covid, or if wether a person infected is from China, Russia or Zimbawe. Really, it is "clear to everyone" that nobody gives a toss about covid but certainly all tourist spots full of Chinese tourists before covid cannot wait to see them coming back in mass, not just Thailand, but London, Paris, Rome, etc...

The comment:

It’s clear to everyone but the indoctrinated, that China is essentially as much of the world was with Covid in early 2021.

The indoctrinate are people like @Poolie who believe China is doing a great job. 

I agree that few people care about Covid, but this is due to the excellent vaccines and the less deadly strains of the virus. People are catching it and seeing others catch it and finding it’s nothing so serious. I’m currently in the U.K. and life here is 100% back to normal. The pandemic is over. You may still see the odd dried up bottle of hand sanitisers but that’s about it.  

Clearly something is still spooking the Thais as mask wearing is still prevalent. I’m sure in tourist areas they would welcome the Chinese. I doubt that’s true for people still concerned about Covid and work in a car factory. If they catch the virus they can’t cough their way through the day still doing their work. To be honest, I think most Thais would prefer there were no tourists, even before Covid, including some in the government! 

6 hours ago, Pinetree said:

They should be unwelcome in the rest of the World, as with Russians, if only for their attitudes, their politics and their lack of any social skills or understanding . 

You need to get out more; seriously.

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

So you are a friend and supporter of these deeply unpleasant peoples are you? 

Allow me to analyze here: 

Advanced Free Democratic Chinese ( Taiwan - Hong Kong- Singapore-Malaysia-Western) = Civilized, Well - Behaved, Individual Travelers, High Spenders: Most Welcome Everywhere.

Backward Unfree CCP Chinese (Mainland China ) = Uncivilized, Bad - Behaved, Group Tourists, Very Low Spenders :Unwelcome Everywhere.

Any Chinese Individuals making Capital Investment outside CCP China : Most Welcome (but another subject).

1 minute ago, oldschooler said:

Allow me to analyze here: 

Advanced Free Democratic Chinese ( Taiwan - Hong Kong- Singapore-Malaysia-Western) = Civilized, Well - Behaved, Individual Travelers, High Spenders: Most Welcome Everywhere.

Backward Unfree CCP Chinese (Mainland China ) = Uncivilized, Bad - Behaved, Group Tourists, Very Low Spenders :Unwelcome Everywhere.

Any Chinese Individuals making Capital Investment outside CCP China : Most Welcome (but another subject).

A great summary which I would generally agree with except the last part. I wouldn’t allow them to invest capital outside of China. Not until they remove the CCP.

What people don’t realise about many Chinese and especially the ruling class, is that their arrogance and sense of superiority makes the most arrogant westerner look meek in comparison. They are 100% convinced of their divine superiority. It’s at a level few of us would believe. This unfortunately shows when they are outside of China. I have often come across the loud brash socks and sandal wearing Americans. This is mainly driven by lack of travel and poor dress sense! The Chinese take arrogance to a new level.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Soidog said:

A great summary which I would generally agree with except the last part. I wouldn’t allow them to invest capital outside of China. Not until they remove the CCP.

What people don’t realise about many Chinese and especially the ruling class, is that their arrogance and sense of superiority makes the most arrogant westerner look meek in comparison. They are 100% convinced of their divine superiority. It’s at a level few of us would believe. This unfortunately shows when they are outside of China. I have often come across the loud brash socks and sandal wearing Americans. This is mainly driven by lack of travel and poor dress sense! The Chinese take arrogance to a new level.  

Yes although that extreme cultural arrogance goes back some 4000 years and I would hope is maintained only by ignorant CCP Mainland Chinese. Never know what people really think but it’s actions that matter not thoughts. 

I would however temporarily override my extreme detestation of CCP, and any Tyranny,  if they, or Russians, for example,  wanted to buy or rent my Phuket house ! Neatly distinguishing between the General / Principle and Specific / Personal spheres ….

• Like 1