News Forum - Chinese Tourists Returning to Thailand Soon? Exciting Opportunities Ahead | GMT

Thaiger

In today’s episode, a coffee shop in Bangkok learned the hard way about a new twist on the classic overpayment scam. A district chief, village chief, community leader and a resident in the Chiang Dao district of Chiang Mai province have been charged with stealing a Thai identity to create a Thai ID card for a Chinese woman. A Hua Hin Airport security guard accidentally shot and killed himself with a pen gun in the western province of Phetchaburi last night.

The story Chinese Tourists Returning to Thailand Soon? Exciting Opportunities Ahead | GMT as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

We should view the future arrivals from the PRC with dread. They are under-vaccinated with inferior vaccines, since adopting the new lighter restrictions the number of new cases in China has rocketed, hospitals cannot cope with the increased volumes after only one week, the hospitals are requiring Covid infected nurses and doctors to continue to work and the state no longer can record how many new cases are happening. Anutin talked about "dirty farangs"! He should now come out of his cave and prevent the mass arrival of "diseased Chinese". But we know he won't condemn his close cousins.

• Like 4

You are not going to get the run-of-the-mill Chinese with a tourist influx - they don't have the money. All you are going to get is the arrogant, cream at the top communists who run the country who look down on the rest of humanity as beneath their station in life.

• Like 4

Thailand slowly eased its Covid restrictions for entry to the country to match the changing trends of the virus around the world. It’s clear to everyone but the indoctrinated, that China is essentially as much of the world was with Covid in early 2021. As such, entry for Chinese nationals should require a negative PCR test no more than 72 hours before travel and they should quarantine for at least one day while results of a further PCR test is completed on arrival. Of course that won’t happen as politics trumps safety.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

entry for Chinese nationals should require a negative PCR test no more than 72 hours before travel

China is the root cause, either deliberately or negligently, of the woohoo phloo. Until they can guarantee absolutely that their projected CCP-approved tourists are plandemic [sic] free, an embargo should be enforced against anyone travelling from China, or has transited through in less than 21 days.

Of course, this will be a loss of face for the communists who will immediately impose bully tactics, as they have on other countries who have called them to task, but what is more important to the government - tourist dollars, or residents' health? (Rhetorical question; I already know the unfortunate answer.)

Edited by Viggen840
Grammar
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

China is the root cause, either deliberately or negligently, of the woohoo phloo. Until they can guarantee absolutely that their projected CCP-approved tourists are plandemic [sic] free, an embargo should be enforced against anyone travelling from China, or has transited through for less than 21 days.

Of course, this will be a loss of face for the communists who will immediately impose bully tactics, as they have on other countries who have called them to task, but what is more important to the government - tourist dollars, or residents' health? (Rhetorical question; I already know the unfortunate answer.)

Oh yeah? This seems to have been conveniently forgotten:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Smoke and mirrors in a desperate bid to save face. Not saying that I excuse ANY government leader or their parliament for the mismanagement of this alleged crisis, but admit it - the rood cause of the release was China and their deliberate obfuscation of it.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Started in China 100%. I don’t think it was deliberate or a lab leak. I think it most likely was a cross from whatever animal in the vile wet market in Wuhan. That’s not the issue. The issue is the hiding and the denying and the outright lies by the CCP. That’s the issue. Try and spin all you can Mr CCP. This is the China virus and history will count it as such. China should pay reparations to the rest of the world. 

It is utterly reckless and shameful for the Thai government not to take extra precautions with visiting Chinese. By all means let them travel, but put the same checks in place that were in place in 2021. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Poolie said:

So the west tells us. Again and again.

Remember what Goebbels said?

So Japan, South Korea, India, Egypt, UAE, and Indonesia disagree it started in China do they? No they don’t. Nothing to do with “The West”. Just the rest of the world isn’t blinded by the utter two faced lies of the CCP. Keep trolling @Poolie.  You won’t get in to a debate with me as you simply can’t find anything sensible to refute my posts with.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

And how long did China take to give investigators access to the Wuhan lab?

Whatever happened to Dr Shi Zhengli? You know the woman who was known as "The bat lady" and was carrying out experiments at the Wuhan garden shed of viral experimentation?

Why is the original virus native to a bat species only found in China?

Covid started in China.

SARS started in China.

H5N1 bird flu started in China.

Just what the hell are you guys playing at over there? 

• Like 3

Schools closed in Shanghai as Covid cases surge. What a total mess they have left the country in. Rest of the world is getting over this Chinese virus while they are about to feel the full force of it. Shame on the CCP, but they won’t care. All the people they care about will have Pfizer, Moderna or Astra vaccines already. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 2:13 AM, Thaiger said:

In today’s episode, a coffee shop in Bangkok learned the hard way about a new twist on the classic overpayment scam. A district chief, village chief, community leader and a resident in the Chiang Dao district of Chiang Mai province have been charged with stealing a Thai identity to create a Thai ID card for a Chinese woman. A Hua Hin Airport security guard accidentally shot and killed himself with a pen gun in the western province of Phetchaburi last night.

The story Chinese Tourists Returning to Thailand Soon? Exciting Opportunities Ahead | GMT as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

No connection between above summary, accessed part of  full article and topic headline. Thaiger Editor sort out required. 

I have a feeling that as Covid infections explode in  PRC, they will find themselves unwelcome in the rest of the world, except in lapdog countries such as Laos, Thailand and Myanmar.

• Like 2

To Hell with the Covid factor I just don't want mass Chinese tourism returning any time soon. They are the most ignorant and selfish of travelers to Thailand (and they do have competition).

I live, most of the time, some 30km from Pattaya and the volume of these low end tourist totally knacker an already fragile infrastructure. 

A condo I rented a few years ago had a sign up on the swimming pool that read "no shitting in the pool".....that was aimed at the Chinese.  

• Like 2

On 12/15/2022 at 7:38 PM, Rookiescot said:

Just what the hell are you guys playing at over there? 

The same thing the feral side of islam is playing at - total world subjugation, but wipe out those who aren't 'pure'. Sound familiar?

7 hours ago, Vigo said:

I have a feeling that as Covid infections explode in  PRC, they will find themselves unwelcome in the rest of the world, except in lapdog countries such as Laos, Thailand and Myanmar.

Unfortunately you are right. I wonder if a change to a legal government under someone like Shinawatra will have any impact on their ability to enter.

58 minutes ago, Poolie said:

A shaky assumption. It could have been aimed at the incontinent drunks from any country. 😃

Nope...no assumption....confirmed by condo management.

I hope that you are not from my country if you consider shitting in a swimming pool something of a norm.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Vigo said:

They should be unwelcome in the rest of the World, as with Russians, if only for their attitudes, their politics and their lack of any social skills or understanding . 

On 12/15/2022 at 9:17 AM, Soidog said:

Thailand slowly eased its Covid restrictions for entry to the country to match the changing trends of the virus around the world. It’s clear to everyone but the indoctrinated, that China is essentially as much of the world was with Covid in early 2021. As such, entry for Chinese nationals should require a negative PCR test no more than 72 hours before travel and they should quarantine for at least one day while results of a further PCR test is completed on arrival. Of course that won’t happen as politics trumps safety.  

"Clear to everyone"? I am not sure when I read your post who is "indoctrinated" really... Apart from the few covid vaccine fans on this forum, nobody gives a toss anymore about covid, or if wether a person infected is from China, Russia or Zimbawe. Really, it is "clear to everyone" that nobody gives a toss about covid but certainly all tourist spots full of Chinese tourists before covid cannot wait to see them coming back in mass, not just Thailand, but London, Paris, Rome, etc...

• Like 1