News Forum - Big Joke fired as puppet master Chuvit takes control

Thaiger

National police chief Pol Gen Damrongsak Kittiprapas has relieved Pol Gen Surachate Hakparn – Big Joke – of command of the “Tuhao” investigation and taken control of the investigation into crime syndicates run by Chaiyanat Kornchayanant. Big Joke has been fired apparently to appease “supergrass” Chuvit Kamolvisit, who appears now to be the de facto leader of the investigation. Damrongsak said Chuvit persists in leaking information to the public. Such constant leaking can do nothing but hinder the investigation. Chuvit has been extremely coy about the information he passes on to the police and quite liberal in what he leaks […]

The story Big Joke fired as puppet master Chuvit takes control as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Seems to me "Big Joke" was a little too good at this job and has put egg on the face of his boss maybe.

I'd like to think his anti-corruption stance will make him chief one day but it depends how serious the RTP are when it comes to cleaning up their act around certain practices. 

• Like 3

Maybe if Big Joke is no longer busy they could move him over to the Red Bull investigation and see what he can do as no one else seems to be getting anywhere with it. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gazmo16 said:

Maybe if Big Joke is no longer busy they could move him over to the Red Bull investigation and see what he can do as no one else seems to be getting anywhere with it. 

No way they are going to give him that job.

He might actually DO something.

• Like 5

For me I am happy to not see his face constantly all over the news everyday. So apparently he steeped on tows and grated on some higher ups nerves. Now let’s see what immigration are going to do. I hope it doesn’t make our lives harder. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

I hope it doesn’t make our lives harder. 

This is my concern also. Immigration is something that the less it’s talked about, the better. Especially for those who wish to stay long term in the country. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Soidog said:

This is my concern also. Immigration is something that the less it’s talked about, the better. Especially for those who wish to stay long term in the country. 

Just have to wait and see. But I pray it doesn’t and they just put better checks on student visa’s and unscrupulous pay offs 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Soidog said:

It's not hard to just do the correct thing , it's not thailand problem you can't make the basic requirement to live here , your comments show the quality of the poster, I guess with inflation you will have to cut back on chang .the money you should have from west should last 200 years here ,it's not thailand problem you are poor , they are doing a great job moving the bums on , good job thai gov , I agree the poor hygiene and poor in themselves farang should be moved on .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gazmo16 said:

With Immigration the goal posts can be moved at anytime. Even with a fully legal visa you still feel insecure. 

Only if your poor ....I don't need to guess 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, gazmo16 said:

Seems to me "Big Joke" was a little too good at this job and has put egg on the face of his boss maybe.

maybe the number of brown envelopes on the high-ups' desks have dwindled now that the Chinese criminal scum are finding out they aren't bulletproof? As to a civilian dictating who and how things get done, perhaps HE is making up the envelope shortfall?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, shimazu said:

Only if your poor ....I don't need to guess 

And what is your definition of poor? For us long time stayers right now the goal posts are consistent with folk not being poor but having adequate funds and/or bank deposits of a substantial amount we cannot touch, or shouldn't touch.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

bank deposits of a substantial amount we cannot touch, or shouldn't touch.

That's the part that sticks in my skin... I am actually surprised that the government hasn't somehow made this a mandatory 'trust' that doesn't just sit in one's own bank account.

3 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

That's the part that sticks in my skin... I am actually surprised that the government hasn't somehow made this a mandatory 'trust' that doesn't just sit in one's own bank account.

I never dip under my amount needed no matter what. I just leave it there like I do not have that money.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shimazu said:

It's not hard to just do the correct thing , it's not thailand problem you can't make the basic requirement to live here , your comments show the quality of the poster, I guess with inflation you will have to cut back on chang .the money you should have from west should last 200 years here ,it's not thailand problem you are poor , they are doing a great job moving the bums on , good job thai gov , I agree the poor hygiene and poor in themselves farang should be moved on .

What do you mean "I agree the poor hygiene"???? Please let me know...

You seem to forget that most long term farangs have businesses in Thailand. They are neither poor nor rich, they work. Most came to Thailand with some money to start a business, they create jobs for Thais (requirement) and taxes for public services. Ask any of them the stress they went through to get all the paperwork sorted, and to comply to all the "basic requirements" (not so much basic really, loads of nonsense), with rules constantly changing and chalenging. Not to mention the little "presents" they give to officials visiting them in order to make sure everyone's happy and so the process is not slowed. And all the brown envelopes the many farang bar owners have to give all over Thailand (do you classify this as a "basic requirement"?).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

I never dip under my amount needed no matter what. I just leave it there like I do not have that money.

The only way to treat it

• Like 2

3 hours ago, shimazu said:

Clearly someone who doesn’t understand English and unable to comprehend my post. Never mind, a lack of education is probably not your fault. The racist overtones would also suggest a low IQ. If you need some references for some good online English courses do PM me. As for the low IQ, I’m afraid you are stuck with that one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

And what is your definition of poor? For us long time stayers right now the goal posts are consistent with folk not being poor but having adequate funds and/or bank deposits of a substantial amount we cannot touch, or shouldn't touch.

The strange thing about the financial rules related to the logic behind it (I know, I know. Thai and logic are like oil and water). You can either have the £800k and not allowed to touch it for 5 months of the year, or 65k/month which you can spend the next day. In addition, 65 x 12 = 780k. Inscrutable people for sure. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Soidog said:

The strange thing about the financial rules related to the logic behind it (I know, I know. Thai and logic are like oil and water). You can either have the £800k and not allowed to touch it for 5 months of the year, or 65k/month which you can spend the next day. In addition, 65 x 12 = 780k. Inscrutable people for sure. 

I am on the 400,000k in bank or 40k per month. 40k x 12 = 480,000. hahahaha. 

• Haha 1

Twice now Big Joke has been put on the bench for a time-out. 

Is he a Loose Canon?  A Thai with a bright, active, independent mind that must be reined in from time to time?

Or is he a witting (or unwitting?) agent for one group of Hi-Sos waging a proxy war against competing Hi-So factions vying for power, control and a larger spot at the trough?

Whatever it is, poor old Big Joke sure does get thrown under the bus a lot, and in a very public way.   The Teflon Thai. 

Interesting that more Farangs offer supportive comments toward Big Joke now, as long as he's messing with others.  Wasn't that long ago, when he was in the weeds raising hell with (our) Immigration policies and procedures, there were a lot fewer fan boys about.

• Like 2