News Forum - Frenchman arrested for scamming Thai woman out of 2 million baht in Bangkok

Thaiger

A Frenchman was arrested in Bangkok yesterday after he swindled nearly 2 million baht from a Thai woman who invested in his fake import-export business. The victim reported she found many other Thai people had been tricked by the scoundrel. The victim told police that she met the 41 year old Frenchman, Jacouel Clemen, at a bar in the Sukhumvit area in Bangkok. They eventually became friends and travelled to France together. During the trip, Cleman urged the woman to become his business partner and persuaded her to invest 2 million baht to import designer products into Thailand, like bags, […]

The story Frenchman arrested for scamming Thai woman out of 2 million baht in Bangkok as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Looks like it is very easy to make money from Thai woman if you are a westerner with a small investment in taking her for a tour to overseas. 

The chances are these women came from a relatively poor background. Met in a bar in the Sukhumvit area, ummm.  As a result, the investment was possibly loaned from friends or even loan sharks with the promise of high returns. How anyone could do this to another person and knowing what a mess they are leaving them in simply beggars belief. 

Following due process and if this person is guilty, then I sincerely hope he rots in hell and suffers a slow and painful entry. 

• Like 2

Naivety and greed is a dangerous combination... I'm not sure if it's due to poor education or what, but most Thai women I've met (the one's who actually try) are incredibly poor at investment - they buy things like gold, cars, even real estate - all things that produce little to no returns. And let's not talk about scams, and my pet peeve CRYPTO - I've seen so many Thai women lose huge amount of money trading crypto - it's like gambling, they make a lot of money initially with some good trades, then lose a life changing amount before they realize how deep they're in. Literally seen one start freelancing because she had no way to pay back her loans that she lost trading - made me sad for her and others who got sucked in by that, but it is what it is, gambling is gambling in any form.

1 hour ago, Pinga said:

Naivety and greed is a dangerous combination... I'm not sure if it's due to poor education or what, but most Thai women I've met (the one's who actually try) are incredibly poor at investment - they buy things like gold, cars, even real estate - all things that produce little to no returns. And let's not talk about scams, and my pet peeve CRYPTO - I've seen so many Thai women lose huge amount of money trading crypto - it's like gambling, they make a lot of money initially with some good trades, then lose a life changing amount before they realize how deep they're in. Literally seen one start freelancing because she had no way to pay back her loans that she lost trading - made me sad for her and others who got sucked in by that, but it is what it is, gambling is gambling in any form.

Gold doesn't produce returns?

But you are correct in Crypto, I was shocked at how many kids at my son's University were buying all these fad crypto coins

My son got my wife into some and she lost all her money she put in(not much 50k baht)