News Forum - Builder dies after pulling grinding wheel out of his chest in eastern Thailand

Thaiger

A builder died from blood loss today after pulling a grinding wheel out of his chest in Chon Buri province in eastern Thailand. He tried to use the tool to cut steel when it is designed to cut stone, causing the wheel to snap and fly straight into his chest. At around 12pm, officers at Nong Kham Police Station were informed that a builder was killed in an accident while renovating a house in Grand Town Village 2 in Sri Racha district. Police and rescue workers from Piew Yiang Tai Sriracha Rescue Centre rushed to the scene, where they found […]

The story Builder dies after pulling grinding wheel out of his chest in eastern Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Rescue workers performed CPR but Preecha soon died from blood loss.

If the cause of death was severe blood loss, surely applying CPR without first (and miraculously?) preventing fatal blood loss can only have hastened that process?

I'm not an expert (all I know is that it's probably a bad idea to remove the plug that's stopping one's body from spurting all over the place), but the quote above gave the me the image of somebody applying CPR in the same rhythm with which the pool of blood expanded (originally, I had a little fountain in mind, but that's probably unrealistic).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chatogaster said:

If the cause of death was severe blood loss, surely applying CPR without first (and miraculously?) preventing fatal blood loss can only have hastened that process?

I'm not an expert (all I know is that it's probably a bad idea to remove the plug that's stopping one's body from spurting all over the place), but the quote above gave the me the image of somebody applying CPR in the same rhythm with which the pool of blood expanded (originally, I had a little fountain in mind, but that's probably unrealistic).

They would probably have been trying to stem the blood loss (by applying pressure to the wound) while applying CPR because his heart has arrested or he has stopped breathing.

Desperate stuff because the guy is gone but people will try anyway.

It seems that most jobs are done with grinders in Thailand. I hardly ever see or hear them being used in the U.K.  everything from cutting plastic pipes to wood to cutting metal and stone. I never drive past any construction site without the constant noise of grinders. 

16 hours ago, Faz said:

If that's a picture of the grinding wheel in question, that is for cutting steel.

Perhaps he was cutting stone with a wheel designed to cut steel?

Yep, that’s definitely for cutting steel. Diamond wheels are used for masonry.