News Forum - Phuket vehicle crash kills Russians and Thai

Thaiger

A motorbike and car crash in Phuket has killed a Russian man, a Russian woman, and a Thai woman in the early hours of this morning.  The three lives were tragically taken after a big bike, a motorbike, and a taxi car all crashed collided in the town of Rawai. Rescuers arrived to find the damaged vehicles. Nearby, they found the body of the 35 year old Russian man, the big bike rider. A 29 year old Russian woman, his passenger, was found near him, and she was later pronounced dead at a hospital. The man and woman’s names were […]

The story Phuket vehicle crash kills Russians and Thai as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"Hopefully, somehow some way, Thailand will find a way to achieve this massive goal and lower the number of lives so tragically cut short."

not in our lifetime but maybe once civilization has collapsed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Hopefully, somehow some way, Thailand will find a way to achieve this massive goal and lower the number of lives so tragically cut short."

I am confident that if the police enforced the crash helmet laws and 2 maximum to a bike laws rather than just using these laws to increase their personal income when it suited them that would go a long way to cutting the number of deaths. Stopping foreigners without a full motorcycle licence and an IDP renting motorcycles would help too.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2022 at 7:26 PM, palooka said:

Bikes are bad enough, BIG BIKE is now proving to be suicidal.

I agree, it puzzles me how folks in their own country potter around in a car but come to Thailand and think they can handle a motorbike, big or small, I had a motorbike with tourists pull out infront of my 4x4 today, I only mention the model because it'll do way more damage,  they had no helmets and sitting on the tank was a toddler. They'd never do that at home!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mandy said:

I agree, it puzzles me how folks in their own country potter around in a car but come to Thailand and think they can handle a motorbike, big or small, I had a motorbike with tourists pull out infront of my 4x4 today, I only mention the model because it'll do way more damage,  they had no helmets and sitting on the tank was a toddler. They'd never do that at home!

Totally agree. The sound of ambulance's sirens has certainly come back with the tourists on the island where I am, where we have dangerous mountain roads and drunk people on bikes with no helmet on, combined with the famous "Thai driving style" which they are not familiar with (if anyone can anyway), it is also explosive. But actually, no need for a bike even. People walking dangerously on the sides of the road, unaware of the danger. Result: 2 days ago, I was driving on the main road through my village, there was an accident: a young girl got hit by a bike. The day before, 50m away, a British couple also walking half on the side half on the road got hit full power by a bike driven by a drunken Thai. And that's only around the corner where I live.