News Forum - Musk fires Twitter board, launches subscription service, resurrects Vine

Thaiger

Elon Musk isn’t doing much to quell the fears of Twitter users, advertisers, and investors about his takeover causing chaos. In fact, now that he has officially become the legal owner of the popular social media site, he has launched a barrage of new actions that have left advertisers and executives reeling. It is rumoured that Musk plans to lay off 75% of Twitter’s 7,500 employees. Though unconfirmed, one of his first actions as the new owner was to fire the entire Board of the company, including CEO Parag Agrawal. His mass layoffs may prove costly though, as the executive […]

The story Musk fires Twitter board, launches subscription service, resurrects Vine as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Its a good job it got delisted.

The share price would be in freefall otherwise. As it stands users and advertisers will simply vote with their feet.

Other platforms are available. 

Im still skeptical but he is making great changes.  I have personally avoided that platform in the past but have finally signed up now that the free flow of ideas is gonna be a thing again.  

"His mass layoffs may prove costly though, as the executive have a nine-figure departure package plan," 

He fired them "with cause" which means they wont be getting those.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good move by Elon Musk fire all the Left Wing Activist and get some staff capable off doing the job.

The Jury is still out on Musk but he's making the right moves so far.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 23RD said:

Good move by Elon Musk fire all the Left Wing Activist and get some staff capable off doing the job.

The Jury is still out on Musk but he's making the right moves do far.

I guarantee you couldn't name one person on that board!   :)

11 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I guarantee you couldn't name one person on that board!   :)

I could name all eight of The Left Wing Activist come Democrat donors. 

Good Job Elon now get the rest of the bedwetting snowflakes out.

Time to get some fair,balanced and impartial Staff in the door. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Elon Musk isn’t doing much to quell the fears of Twitter users, advertisers, and investors about his takeover causing chaos. In fact, now that he has officially become the legal owner of the popular social media site, he has launched a barrage of new actions that have left advertisers and executives reeling. It is rumoured that Musk plans to lay off 75% of Twitter’s 7,500 employees. Though unconfirmed, one of his first actions as the new owner was to fire the entire Board of the company, including CEO Parag Agrawal. His mass layoffs may prove costly though, as the executive […]

The story Musk fires Twitter board, launches subscription service, resurrects Vine as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I always had a hard time taking anything on Twitter seriously since it began with a competition between Ashton Kutcher and Larry King for the most followers. It has turned into another "get off my lawn" platform just like Facebook did. The cranks will simply move on to sucking the fun out of TikTok next. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 23RD said:

I could name all eight of The Left Wing Activist come Democrat donors. 

Good Job Elon now get the rest of the bedwetting snowflakes out.

Time to get some fair,balanced and impartial Staff in the door. 

There is not a snowball's chance in hell you knew the Twitter's board members!! 5555

But like everything else about Musk and Twitter, I don't see why anyone is freaking out, the guy bought a company and can do whatever he wants with it

Exposing Twitter’s political alignment  while taking sides prior to Musk take over will be a high water mark for many curious minds imop.

Twitter was run by liberals and their not happy with relinquishing their control of free speech ! I suspect the opposition are gonna try all matters of malfeasance to try to disable Musks businesses.

Imop

https://nypost.com/2022/10/06/why-dems-and-progressives-are-desperate-to-stop-elon-musks-twitter-takeover/

https://nypost.com/2021/12/04/data-shows-twitter-employees-donate-more-to-democrats-by-wide-margin/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Marc26 said:

There is not a snowball's chance in hell you knew the Twitter's board members!! 5555

So you're now claiming to know which news sources I follow here in Pattaya from your Liberal bastion of Vancoucer Marc?.

You're starting to sound like Vijaya Gadde herself 5555

• Like 2

This one was a no-brainer.  I want nothing to do with that piece of human garbage, the day he finalized the sale was the day I deleted my Twitter account.

It's tough enuf running an multinational company such as tesla. Like Trump with potus, Musk doesn't need a thorn in the side by acquiring twitter. I believe the reason is to restore some freespeech, transparency & balance in society.

The world & especially USA, is gripped by sensorship overstretch on anything that is not aligned w the APPROVED narratives, by the likes of Twitter, google, YouTube, MSM.... whether it be LGBTQ, Covid, Ukraine/Taiwan or just paul pelosi.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, 23RD said:

So you're now claiming to know which news sources I follow here in Pattaya from your Liberal bastion of Vancoucer Marc?.

You're starting to sound like Vijaya Gadde herself 5555

Yes

Again, you absolutely did not know who the Twitter board members were

To keep insisting you did is high comedy 5555

• 3 weeks later...

Layoffs at Twitter are only what is happening, across Silicon Valley. The rise of the digital economy provided for surplus elites, many of whom will lose out during a downturn