News Forum - Mother seeks help after 14 year old daughter turns to prostitution

Thaiger

A Thai mother turned to the Social Development and Human Security Ministry (M-Society) and police for help after learning that her 14-year-old half-Thai, half-British daughter turned to prostitution. The 50 year old Naruemon (surname reserved) informed the Department of Special Investigation that her daughter, Nadia (alias) ran away from home in the Isaan province of Udon Thani on October 10. Naruemon discovered from her friends that her daughter was staying at the house of a rich man who owned a construction company in Udon Thani. The identity of the man hasn’t been reported. The friend told Naruemon that Nadia offered […]

The story Mother seeks help after 14 year old daughter turns to prostitution as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well, daughter sees her mother married to a "rich" man (foreigner) all her life, so it isn't any wonder that she chose to do the same thing (get a sugar daddy). Obviously wrong due to her age, but surely the mother is to blame too. Would be interesting to see if the "rich man" will face any legal consequences, as 14yo is legally statuory rape even if the girl consented.

• Like 1

The words Isaan and prostitute go hand in hand.

Just ask any girl in any girly bar anywhere in the country where they come from, 99% say Isaan. 

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

22 minutes ago, JamesR said:

Just ask any girl in any girly bar anywhere in the country where they come from, 99% say Isaan. 

Doesn't mean every girl from Isaan is a prostitute.........

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Pinga said:

Well, daughter sees her mother married to a "rich" man (foreigner) all her life, so it isn't any wonder that she chose to do the same thing (get a sugar daddy). Obviously wrong due to her age, but surely the mother is to blame too. Would be interesting to see if the "rich man" will face any legal consequences, as 14yo is legally statuory rape even if the girl consented.

You have absolutely no idea what the mother's situation is/was..........

Now if I were to cast blame, I would say a lot of former bar girls and just poorer girls, in general,  that get involved with farang do nothing to advance their kids lives when they could have and should have

My wife is a former BG, her son has never known anything but a middle to upper middle class life and is about to graduate Thamassat University, and get his Masters in Forensic Science

My wife's aunt was a former BG, her daughter just graduated Chulalakorn University and got a job at Japanese multi-national as an engineer, being 2 out of 300 people to get a job there.........

And yes, those are brags, and they should be

I see too many TG and farangs they marry not give a shit about advancing their kid's lives better than they had

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A Thai mother turned to the Social Development and Human Security Ministry (M-Society) and police for help after learning that her 14-year-old half-Thai, half-British daughter turned to prostitution. The 50 year old Naruemon (surname reserved) informed the Department of Special Investigation that her daughter, Nadia (alias) ran away from home in the Isaan province of Udon Thani on October 10. Naruemon discovered from her friends that her daughter was staying at the house of a rich man who owned a construction company in Udon Thani. The identity of the man hasn’t been reported. The friend told Naruemon that Nadia offered […]

The story is very one sided. All these great songs the mother said about herself is unbelievable. 

8 hours ago, JamesR said:

And why do you think that is @JamesR?  Why do you think 99% of the prostitutes are from Issan? 

10 hours ago, JamesR said:

Errr, no. They don't actually. You got your words the wrong way round there 

Actually quite insulting to the vast majority of women in Isaan who aren't prostitutes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

And why do you think that is @JamesR?  Why do you think 99% of the prostitutes are from Issan? 

In a sense I really don't think they think it is prostituting themselves or that they think it is so bad, but more like getting money because a guy wants to do the tango with them and Thai are prmomiscuous for how they are anyway. They are in a way is leaving the dirtiness of like US and EU prostitutes demeanor and ugly stigma out of it, but it is still go with guy and get money thing. I kind of look at it as companionship and not a Ho or foul dirty little whore.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, JamesR said:

And everyone lies.  What is your point?  Like saying all Thais love pizza because they told you so  5555

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

And everyone lies.  What is your point?  Like saying all Thais love pizza because they told you so  5555

Am I allowed to say majority of Bangkok Taxi drivers and Issan men in one sentence? This might be certainly more truthful, but it cannot ever encompass all of them as I know it to be not factual or true since I have taken hundreds of taxis over my time here. Issan is a huge area of land, but that statement is so far off it leaves me scratching my head a little when saying all the girls are from Issan. Just in Chiang Mai you can meet gals who are from Chiang Mai province.

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

In a sense I really don't think they think it is prostituting themselves or that they think it is so bad, but more like getting money because a guy wants to do the tango with them and Thai are prmomiscuous for how they are anyway. They are in a way is leaving the dirtiness of like US and EU prostitutes demeanor and ugly stigma out of it, but it is still go with guy and get money thing. I kind of look at it as companionship and not a Ho or foul dirty little whore.

Read a book titled Only 13 -The true story of Lon and I think your perception may change  .

41 minutes ago, AJTonyP said:

Read a book titled Only 13 -The true story of Lon and I think your perception may change  .

Yes am aware of this book but no have not read it. Know about Hello My Big Honey as well but never read it, but understand there are negative things from hands on here. Have been in Thailand several decades and seen all walks of the industry and yes there were girls that were definetly affected by this outright or pushed into dubious things that even I was looking at and saying, well, that's not a good one. Doesn't change my peception, but you are correct there is still a seedy side to it in certain establishments and places, but one has to remmebr, this is rife through out the country of gals trying to get a sugar daddy or get money from men from places of entertainment. In Bangkok, 10yrs ago is debateable, but definetely 20 -30 years ago plus was a different story here and for some girls stuff and certain places had traps and consequences, but not the majority. It was off the hook and anything went back in those days. I look at it like the wild wild west days of the east here. But as I look at it now, things have seemed to change, but doesn't mean all roses and tullips as it doesn't mean all is above board and easy for them or candy coated and rainbows. 

Thai's seem to be promiscuous and do look at things of this sort different.

Check out the Indian Movie Gangubai. Now that is a tough movie but has a great true story to it.

It sounds like the girl is paid to be a mistress, it's not like she is in danger, on a street corner, and pressured by a pimp. Legality aside, these are not the same thing in Thai culture, and it's safer for the girl than being a prostitute. So the headline is a bit misleading. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Soidog said:

I don't really care why they are mostly from Isaan, they just are.

Maybe their culture is different to the rest of the culture in Thailand after all they have only been part of Thailand for just 100+ years, being originally from Laos they do have their own unique language and culture.

Scotland and England have been in the union of the UK for a couple of hundred years but our cultures, habits and traditions are quite different. Try telling a Scottish person they are English and you would end up with a bloody nose.

The cultures of India are quite diverse too, it happens all over the world.

The majority of Thais from the other regions of Thailand do see people from Isaan as being different from themselves. 

This is not an opinion on my part, it is a fact.

8 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Oh I see, they lie, are you suggesting the bar girls are lying and are trying to show off by stating they are from Isaan, the most uneducated part of the country, that does not seem logical to me.

Just now, JamesR said:

I don't really care why they are mostly from Isaan, they just are.

I didn’t ask if you cared. I asked if you understood why it was the case? 

1 minute ago, JamesR said:

The majority of Thais from the other regions of Thailand do see people from Isaan as being different from themselves. 

The majority of Thais from other regions all see other people differently. People in the South view people in the North differently. People in Bangkok look down on Issan people and Issan people look down on the hill tribes people in the north. People may see each other differently but they aren’t particularly different. I have met lots of girls working in bars who are from Chumphon or Rayong or even from Kanchanaburi. Issan is a massive region and hence not surprising that a majority would come from there. Many are from Laos but say they are from Issan to cover the fact they are working illegally 

8 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yes a lot of farangs cover their embarrassment by looking at it that way instead of admitting they have bought a prostitute as they can not admit they have no choice, it was either that or stay alone. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I didn’t ask if you cared. I asked if you understood why it was the case? 

The majority of Thais from other regions all see other people differently. People in the South view people in the North differently. People in Bangkok look down on Issan people and Issan people look down on the hill tribes people in the north. People may see each other differently but they aren’t particularly different. I have met lots of girls working in bars who are from Chumphon or Rayong or even from Kanchanaburi. Issan is a massive region and hence not surprising that a majority would come from there. Many are from Laos but say they are from Issan to cover the fact they are working illegally 

My initial comment was most of the girls working in girly bars are from Issan, it is a fact.

Of course there will be local girls working in Pubs and hotel bars etc, they are not girly bars, their job is to served drinks not to serve drinks and sell themselves as is the job of girls in girly bars. 

Isaan is a large area but it does not have a larger population than the rest of the country but still provides 99% of all bar girls. 

"According to the report on Siamrath, Naruemon visited the anti-human trafficking department under the M-Society yesterday to ask for help. The authorities told her that they would investigate and provide help to Nadia as soon as possible."

So a rich guy is allegedly having sex with a 14 year old girl (with or without her consent) and they will get round to dealing with it eventually? Is that to allow the rich guy time to pay up some nice bribes? If a child is at risk of abuse like this surely it would be appropriate to act immediately!

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

Yes a lot of farangs cover their embarrassment by looking at it that way instead of admitting they have bought a prostitute as they can not admit they have no choice, it was either that or stay alone. 

Not really. I will out and out say I have been in the trenches here and in the USA, but there is a huge difference. I’m not this proud guy scared to say it, and getting girls normal or on-go-go have never ever been a problem for me at all. I can  say it, I plainly like girls abs when you get I didn’t care who it was. Big deal! 

2 hours ago, JamesR said:

If I tell you water is wet would I have to provide data to support that too?

No, because anyone can see it as a fact. You have come out with a comment based on a survey of a single person, you. 

I also don’t understand why you seem to have an issue with this? I’m sort of sensing that perhaps you have had your heart or wallet hurt by a bar girl from Issan? I can understand the anger if so?  If not then I don’t understand why you take every opportunity to have a go at girls who work in bars who come from Issan.  For what it’s worth, I think many of these girls are very brave and selfless for what they do. 

3 hours ago, JamesR said:

I'll never understand why some guys feel they have to put down others as "they have no choice". This is Thailand - it's VERY easy to get a non-prostitute gf/wife. Working girls aren't mindless sex robots - they're human, with feelings, and sometimes can be great girls overall. It's certainly possible they genuinely fell in love and he was willing to overlook her past. I know couples like that and they have great relationships overall. Certainly better than many western marriages I've seen, lol.

14 hours ago, Soidog said:

Why do you think 99% of the prostitutes are from Issan? 

Obviously not 99% are from Isaan, but there's an overly large percentage who are from there. As for the main reason I'd chalk it up to societal acceptance and reliance on income from direct and indirect prostitution. Many families will send or let their daughters go "work in the city" but will turn a blind eye as to what that work might actually be. Also they're not shy about accepting any and all funds resulting from such work. If you have a Isaan gf and go have dinner with her family you'll be 100% expected to pay, even if they all have jobs and make their own money. There is this perception that the foreigner pays for everything that really doesn't exist elsewhere.

I've met some Isaan people who are not like that - but they are highly educated and "rich" in Thai terms. I think the majority definitely have the mindset that foreigners are cash cows to be milked.