News Forum - Ugandan prostitute snatches hundreds of thousands of baht from British tourist in Pattaya

Thaiger

A Ugandan prostitute has allegedly snatched a British tourist’s safe with hundreds of thousands of baht in it in Pattaya. Even though the incident happened on October 2, it was reported on Saturday that police still hadn’t caught the suspect. The victim, 57 year old Steven Paul, had taken a streetwalker who he met on Walking Street back to his guesthouse on Soi Chalermprakiat 21 off Third Road. The woman was 26 year old Shakirah Namatovu. After Steven had had his fun, he fell asleep. When he woke up, he found that Shakirah had run off with his safe, which […]

The story Ugandan prostitute snatches hundreds of thousands of baht from British tourist in Pattaya as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Poor guy travelling all the way from UK and ending up with an Ugandan girl. It wonders how did the Ugandan girl know the combination of the lockers where the money is being kept?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Even though the incident happened on October 2, it was reported on Saturday that police still hadn’t caught the suspect

Of course not, sharing that money is much more lucrativ.

49 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Poor guy travelling all the way from UK and ending up with an Ugandan girl. It wonders how did the Ugandan girl know the combination of the lockers where the money is being kept?

She took it, doesnt bother with the numbers, just grabbed it and left. Most often, these "safes" are not attached to anything!

13 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Only if never married or had kids, methinks. ;-)

So true. I should have had a vasectomy

8 minutes ago, Dancbmac said:

Says he needs his passport to go back home.  I’m sure he could get another one issued by his embassy.

Maybe he's just too embarrassed to tell the embassy the reason his passport went missing

• Haha 1

There's quite  a few Ugandan and Kenyan Ladies of the night in Pattaya right now and believe me none of them are oil paintings. 

Looking a bit deeper into this story if this Chap had 100's of thousands in Thai Baht in his safe why was he shopping at Pound Stretchers?.

He couldn't by any chance be talking a note from our Indian Tourists of late and doing an insurance scam?.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

Maybe he's just too embarrassed to tell the embassy the reason his passport went missing

No doubt and I probably would be embarrassed also if I did something dumb like that.  However, this happened over three weeks ago and chances are that stolen passport is long gone. He eventually needs to get a passport to travel out of Thailand or he will be an overstay and have immigration legal issues.  I’m sure it takes a little while to get a replacement passport and maybe he has started the process using the police report since he probably has no ID on hand.  My guess his embassy has heard many crazy stories on how peeps lost their passports

Gotta say he brought in on himself - staying in a dump with a safe not attached to anything was the first mistake, taking home an African prostitute was the second, falling asleep with her there was the final. Africans are almost as bad as ladyboys when it comes to robbing you. Usually they'll just search your pockets while you're asleep and grab any cash or cards they find. They assume they won't be caught because tourists aren't likely to go to police over some missing cash and will just chalk it up to being drunk, but this one went too far by taking the safe, and will likely pay for it when she's caught.

Bottom line: don't take home African prostitutes. Wish police and immigration were more active in catching and deporting them - there are too many of them now.

Every African prostitute I have seen in Thailand(only Bangkok) has been absolutely hideous.

Just the most ugly, fat ladies I have ever witnessed

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

Every African prostitute I have seen in Thailand(only Bangkok) has been absolutely hideous.

You know the saying - once you go black, you never go back

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pinga said:

Gotta say he brought in on himself - staying in a dump with a safe not attached to anything was the first mistake, taking home an African prostitute was the second, falling asleep with her there was the final. Africans are almost as bad as ladyboys when it comes to robbing you. Usually they'll just search your pockets while you're asleep and grab any cash or cards they find. They assume they won't be caught because tourists aren't likely to go to police over some missing cash and will just chalk it up to being drunk, but this one went too far by taking the safe, and will likely pay for it when she's caught.

Bottom line: don't take home African prostitutes. Wish police and immigration were more active in catching and deporting them - there are too many of them now.

Bottom line, I would assume don't take home any prostitute, you think only Africans are thieves?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pinga said:

Africans are almost as bad as ladyboys when it comes to robbing you.

Usually they'll just search your pockets while you're asleep and grab any cash or cards they find.

And how would you know that? Your own experience, is it? Oh sure, you "heard many stories", right? So instead get yourself a very docile young girl who just arrived in awful Pattaya from her Isaan farm to take to your very safe expensive condo, she smiles, you do what you want with her and she is just simply very grateful with the few baths and the free meal you give her in exchange. That is what you do obviously. Your comment is simply despicable, mate.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, JamesR said:

Bottom line, I would assume don't take home any prostitute, you think only Africans are thieves?

Bottom line, you assumed very well his thoughts mate, and I bet he could give you a lecture on how to get the best, cheapest and safest prostitutes in Pattaya.

15 hours ago, Dancbmac said:

Says he needs his passport to go back home.  I’m sure he could get another one issued by his embassy.

Of course he can get an emergency replacement at the British embassy in order to get back to the UK where he will have to make a proper new one.

12 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Another one of your nicest thoughts you are sharing with us here. There is another thought: pratically all prostitutes coming from Africa around the world are usually part of a huge criminal ring. They send them to countries with the promise of a complete different job, but when they arrive at destination, they take their passport away and force them to reimburse the cost of taking them there, usually it takes years of prostitution. If they do not comply, their family at home will suffer from it. That is the same story told by all the ones who manage somehow to escape that hell. That is what I think when I see an African prostitute in Thailand or elsewhere. You first thought is obviously "fat and ugly". Brilliant!

Tough luck for him, the Ugandan lady already flew back to Uganda & nothing that Steven Paul can do except crying. Also, where's the CCTV that he brought her to his room or at least around the guest house?

1 hour ago, Manu said:

And how would you know that? Your own experience, is it? Oh sure, you "heard many stories", right? So instead get yourself a very docile young girl who just arrived in awful Pattaya from her Isaan farm to take to your very safe expensive condo, she smiles, you do what you want with her and she is just simply very grateful with the few baths and the free meal you give her in exchange. That is what you do obviously. Your comment is simply despicable, mate.

You seem to be more experienced with African and Ladyboy prostitutes in Pattaya than he is.? You describe Pattaya as awful so you obviously have spent enough time there to form an opinion. 

• Like 1