News Forum - Pit bulls released from cages kill owner’s father

Thaiger

A man died after being attacked by one of the seven pit bulls that were kept in the family home. The incident took place over the weekend in the northeastern province of Nakhon Ratchasima. Rescue units raced to his house after receiving a call, but it was too late to save him. The 67 year old man was found laying unconscious with severe bleeding. He was covered with dog bites all over his body. One of his sons has been raising pit bulls and keeps them caged in the house most of the time. He kept three females and one […]

The story Pit bulls released from cages kill owner’s father as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Angry 1

Pit bulls are fighter species. There needs to be special permit to breed such fierce animals and its breeding and import should be restricted if possible. There has been many such cases in Thailand that involve Pit bulls attacking owners or their immediate family members. One can tame the dog. But cannot remove the aggressive character that species which is in the genes of the dog

• Like 5

Why don't people get the clear message, Pit Bulls are dangerous dogs, unpredictable and looking to attack.  The naïve people who own these dogs, and then profess that they are lovable and gentle,  are deluded themselves. They are bred as attack dogs and at any time, they can turn.  They need to be bred to distinction.  I love dogs, I have 3 Shih Tzu's, but continuing to breed dangerous dogs is madness.  

• Like 5

They need to be euthanised, but I doubt that will happen.

Other family members, children next?
When will responsibility and common sense kick in, if at all.

• Like 1

The laws allow these idiots to keep these dangerous animals BUT lock the owners up for life (never to be released, too stupid for normal society)  if the dogs injure or cause the demise of any person and all their assets be confiscated to pay the families and victims.

Think the number of owners and the breed will diminish somewhat.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Come on @Faz  you’ve lived here long enough to know there’s no translation in to Thai for that term. 

'Logical', translated 'Nonsensical'  🤫

• Haha 1

Thank god the dog killed a member of the family and not some poor unsuspecting member of the general public.

Dogs like this should not be allowed to exist, put them all down for the good of us all.

If they are kept,  the owner should be charged with murder when this happens. 

Such dogs were not created by nature, they have been bred by man to be this vicious. 

40 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Come on @Faz  you’ve lived here long enough to know there’s no translation in to Thai for that term. 

Oops here we go again, all Thais are brainless robots, they are all the same, all uneducated and are not capable of any logic whatsoever.

39 minutes ago, JamesR said:

Oops here we go again, all Thais are brainless robots, they are all the same, all uneducated and are not capable of any logic whatsoever.

I never said logic nor uneducated nor brainless robots James, they are your words not mine. I said common sense. I’ve never whitenessed much, if any of it being applied in the 25+ years I’ve been coming to Thailand. Facts are not necessarily criticism. It is what it is here. 

Keep them on cages most majority of time and they will certainly go bonkers. This was probably a big part of the problem. To say they are all monsters is not true. Just a very very few are. So let’s not condemn them all, it is the owners who tilted them to the dark side. And yes, I would own one if ever came across that path. I like bulldogs of all sorts. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Soidog said:

I never said logic nor uneducated nor brainless robots James, they are your words not mine. I said common sense. I’ve never whitenessed much, if any of it being applied in the 25+ years I’ve been coming to Thailand. Facts are not necessarily criticism. It is what it is here. 

I have seen lots of common  sense in Thailand. 

I have also seen lots of a lack of common sense too in Thailand but that applies to all the countries I have worked in, I do not see it being more prevalent in Thailand.

I do see though many farangs seem to be with uneducated women with no common sense as they are the easiest ones for the old guys to come by so their opinion is biased.

I have had two houses built in Thailand, the builders had a great amount of common sense and skill, that is just one example.

I know Thais who have created successful businesses using common sense and logic.

20 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Keep them on cages most majority of time and they will certainly go bonkers. This was probably a big part of the problem. To say they are all monsters is not true. Just a very very few are. So let’s not condemn them all, it is the owners who tilted them to the dark side. And yes, I would own one if ever came across that path. I like bulldogs of all sorts. 

The public should not be in a position where an idiot with a dangerous dog is putting them at risk though no fault of their own.

Ban these dogs, they are a waste of space anyway.

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

I do see though many farangs seem to be with uneducated women with no common sense as they are the easiest ones for the old guys to come by so their opinion is biased.

You seem a little fixated with this as a catch all to debate topics. I’ve never been involved with a Thai woman, educated or uneducated. I have no interest in getting married again having been happily married for many years. With every situation there are exceptions the prove the rule. 

19 hours ago, JamesR said:

The public should not be in a position where an idiot with a dangerous dog is putting them at risk though no fault of their own.

Ban these dogs, they are a waste of space anyway.

Then ban alohol as well because you never know when a person on it is going to kill someone or go ape. I also believe sterilize people so they cannot have children in some cases. When was the last time you were pinned in the corner and confronted by a raging pittbull? The point is you are never really at risk and the public is not either. You have more of a chance getting hit by a car. The animal is all about how it is raised and taken care of not it's DNA and not heriditary as you want to condemn them as.

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

The animal is all about how it is raised and taken care of not it's DNA and not heriditary as you want to condemn them as.

This is the common rebuttal when the pitbull debate comes up. I say that if it's ONLY an issue of bad owners, why is it that bad owners seem to exclusively own Pitbulls? Why are Pitbulls responsible for maulings always owned by bad owners? 

34 minutes ago, ThaiFoodGuy said:

This is the common rebuttal when the pitbull debate comes up. I say that if it's ONLY an issue of bad owners, why is it that bad owners seem to exclusively own Pitbulls? Why are Pitbulls responsible for maulings always owned by bad owners? 

Mostly because of statistics and media exposure. 

An ill-treated Chihuahua will never make headlines ("aggressive Chihuahua seeing red mauled frog that disrespected personal space"??). Pitbulls physically have the potential to maul persons (and on the rare occasions that that happens, an article is published). Every human alive also has the potential to maul another person (but almost none will thanks to non-disastrous owners, which includes parents, friends and society, or upbringing in general). 

All earthly beings are aggressive by nature. It's a natural effect of having DNA that promotes competition for resources as a means for survival. It's only when it's not counter-acted by upbringing and humans suffer as a result we take offense.

57 minutes ago, ThaiFoodGuy said:

Unfortunately it is a stupid people mentailtiy and these sort of people get these dogs. Sort of like the bad egg children as it falls back on the parents. Every dog can be turned into a toe biter.

9 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Then ban alohol as well because you never know when a person on it is going to kill someone or go ape. I also believe sterilize people so they cannot have children in some cases. When was the last time you were pinned in the corner and confronted by a raging pittbull? The point is you are never really at risk and the public is not either. You have more of a chance getting hit by a car. The animal is all about how it is raised and taken care of not it's DNA and not heriditary as you want to condemn them as.

A bottle of alcohol has never attacked anyone as far I can see.

You said, "When was the last time you were pinned in the corner and confronted by a raging pittbull? "

In that case let murder be made legal as I have never ever been murdered, have you?

We should allow it to happen because it has not happened to us?

A few years ago the uneducated Tattooed English bloke renting the house down the road with his Thai Isaan ex bargirl had such a dog, whenever anyone went past it tried to attack them, it was stopped by the gates of the house, it was a disaster waiting to happen seeing as kids played in the streets.

I was working out a way I could poison the bloody thing but luckily the tattooed idiot ran out of money and left. 

On 10/25/2022 at 2:47 PM, Soidog said:

You seem a little fixated with this as a catch all to debate topics. I’ve never been involved with a Thai woman, educated or uneducated. I have no interest in getting married again having been happily married for many years. With every situation there are exceptions the prove the rule. 

I am not fixated but do observe what happens in Thailand, there are very few farangs who's Thai partners are educated, hence their view is limited and most farangs I come across think Thais are dim, have no common sense etc.

It is a bit like the rich young Arabs from the Middle East who go to London, they spend all of their time in clubs and bars, mix with British prostitutes and think most European women can be bought.

I was sitting next to a Spanish guy on a plane once, he thought I was quite polite and not like the typical English person, he had been brought up in a tourists area in Spain frequented by the masses of beer swilling, tattooed low life Brits and did not realise the majority of Brits would never go to to such a place, hence he only knew one type ,the same thing happens in Thailand re the farangs and Thais.

It does make me laugh though as the guys who think the women they are with have no commons sense don't seem to realise the women are only with them for their money, which in turns is a lack of common sense.

I don't mind what they do but the boring bit is when you are trying to have a nice quiet beer and they come over and moan about what has happened to them with their lack of common sense women. 😁