News Forum - Pit bulls released from cages kill owner’s father

Thaiger

If a Lion can be tamed by a good owner, why not keep a Lion as a pet.

Imagine keeping a pride of Lions with your ageing folks, babies and children.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JamesR said:

I am not fixated but do observe what happens in Thailand, there are very few farangs who's Thai partners are educated, hence their view is limited and most farangs I come across think Thais are dim, have no common sense etc.

It is a bit like the rich young Arabs from the Middle East who go to London, they spend all of their time in clubs and bars, mix with British prostitutes and think most European women can be bought.

I was sitting next to a Spanish guy on a plane once, he thought I was quite polite and not like the typical English person, he had been brought up in a tourists area in Spain frequented by the masses of beer swilling, tattooed low life Brits and did not realise the majority of Brits would never go to to such a place, hence he only knew one type ,the same thing happens in Thailand re the farangs and Thais.

It does make me laugh though as the guys who think the women they are with have no commons sense don't seem to realise the women are only with them for their money, which in turns is a lack of common sense.

I don't mind what they do but the boring bit is when you are trying to have a nice quiet beer and they come over and moan about what has happened to them with their lack of common sense women. 😁

Well that may well be the case for men who meet their partners in bars and who come from a background of low education. However, my experience of Thailand is very different. I have worked for a major telco in Thailand and been involved in work to transition Thailand to Digital broadcasting. I have worked alongside many educated Thais and the less educated labourers doing the heavy lifting. I have lived and worked in Bangkok and travelled through the country. My conclusion, which is obviously limited to my own experience, is that a common thread of lacking what we would call common sense runs through many of the population. I can recall countless times where I have been literally gobsmacked at what developed in the workplace. Where common sense was simply not applied and a bad situation simply got worse. I admit some of this was also down to the Thai way of not speaking out when things are wrong, though the majority of issues came down to a basic lack of what we call common sense. 

9 hours ago, JamesR said:

A bottle of alcohol has never attacked anyone as far I can see.

You said, "When was the last time you were pinned in the corner and confronted by a raging pittbull? "

In that case let murder be made legal as I have never ever been murdered, have you?

We should allow it to happen because it has not happened to us?

A few years ago the uneducated Tattooed English bloke renting the house down the road with his Thai Isaan ex bargirl had such a dog, whenever anyone went past it tried to attack them, it was stopped by the gates of the house, it was a disaster waiting to happen seeing as kids played in the streets.

I was working out a way I could poison the bloody thing but luckily the tattooed idiot ran out of money and left. 

Yes but alcohol kills from its bite alduterating people to stupidity. Perhaps in this case it was the dogs being caged and treated with no love. I have come across so many times in my lifetime of German Sheperds, Rotweilers, Doberman Pinschers that were behind fences and if got out would be on attack mode. It is the people who get them and how the dogs are treated. Please take a little bit of time and read about how Pitt Bulls are actually very kind and sweet animals, but under wrong conditions due to the onwer they can trun extremely ugly. I have a French Bull dog, and one thing I have noticed is that they need love and compnasionship or they can go batty. They don't do well left alone and not loved and especial;ly chained or caged, and my thoughts are same for Pitt Bulls. Put me in a cage and treat me badly and I might want to bite someone too.

• Like 1