News Forum - Drunken monk with an axe causes chaos smashing cars

Thaiger

Another day of shame for the Buddhist faith after a drunken monk was arrested for causing chaos in the central province of Kamphaeng Phet. The monk went on the rampage smashing cars in the community with a beer can in one hand and an axe in the other. The arrested monk, 49 year old Prayoon, defended his actions by claiming the beer helped lower the high cholesterol in his blood system and improve his diabetes and hypertension. It is unsure how the alcohol helped the damaged cars. Locals reported the drunken monk causing carnage, on Phahonyothin Road in the Mueng […]

The story Drunken monk with an axe causes chaos smashing cars as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

So, does this means he will be transferred to a temple  elsewhere and punished with demotion to a monk position counting  amulet sales revenue and not allowed to partake in more lucrative activities such as blessing; lottery tickets or cock fighting or bull fighting, or granting indulgences?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If it's been going on for years I doubt the hospital  will do anything  for him otherwise  he would have already have medication. 

Let's hope next time it's not a person he hits instead of a car

3 hours ago, Vigo said:

So, does this means he will be transferred to a temple  elsewhere and punished with demotion to a monk position counting  amulet sales revenue and not allowed to partake in more lucrative activities such as blessing; lottery tickets or cock fighting or bull fighting, or granting indulgences?

It’s should happen, but I doubt it. 

Ok people all over the world drink. Notwithstanding the whole Buddhist hypocrisy here, I’ve never seen a people that simply cannot handle alcohol like Thais! They are total lightweights when it comes to drinking! My wife’s friend was drunk in her village the other night and her mom found her wandering around the village naked! Lol

• Like 1