News Forum - Thai govt owes 100 million baht to hospitality industry

Thaiger

An MP from the Democrat Party revealed that the Thai government owes about 100 million baht to hundreds of hotels across Thailand that joined the tourism-boosting campaign “We Travel Together.” The We Travel Together campaign was launched two years ago to boost Thai tourism affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. The initiative offered a 40% discount on hotels, flights, or food coupons to Thai nationals. The campaign had four phases, and many businesses in the hospitality industry joined in the hope that the enterprise would help draw more customers. As reported in the media, each business had to cover the discount […]

The story Thai govt owes 100 million baht to hospitality industry as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Think they may owe much more.

They have been robbing Peter to pay Paul for the last 18 months. 20% plus drop in GDP and no reduction in spending??? Buy an aircraft carrier and a sub, put their hand up for US F35 fighters. Dream on.

Truth always comes out and Pnut and Co have badly mistimed it with their dreams of billionaires rushing to Thailand, stupid schemes to save them and a litany of other such policies. 

Election "Wipeout" coming and then the really bad news will come out.

At a guess Thailand went back 20 years financially under Pnut and Co.

How are they going to save themselves?  ---stage a coup against themselves.😂

"We Travel Together", wasn't that the campaign which has often seen price rises for these "discounted by Thai taxpayers" rooms?

With different prices (higher) on the government "booking site", to the usual booking channels websites?

And lots of fake bookings on top?

45 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

"We Travel Together", wasn't that the campaign which has often seen price rises for these "discounted by Thai taxpayers" rooms?

With different prices (higher) on the government "booking site", to the usual booking channels websites?

And lots of fake bookings on top?

Did you use it?

Or just talking nonsense on a forum??

No need to answer, I already know the answer.....

We used it for over 20 nights in May and  June and there were no "raised prices "

We saved probably 30k or more baht using it 

24 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Did you use it?

Or just talking nonsense on a forum??

No need to answer, I already know the answer.....

We used it for over 20 nights in May and  June and there were no "raised prices "

We saved probably 30k or more baht using it 

Oh, of course,how could I forget, you know always  everything better. 

Unlucky for you, even in Thaiger it was  reported, I am just to lazy to search for it, but:

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/asiapacific/2021-02/02/c_139716405.htm 

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-resort-owners-arrested-for-cheating-we-travel-together-tourism-campaign-78806.php

7 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Oh, of course,how could I forget, you know always  everything better. 

Unlucky for you, even in Thaiger it was  reported, I am just to lazy to search for it, but:

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/asiapacific/2021-02/02/c_139716405.htm 

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-resort-owners-arrested-for-cheating-we-travel-together-tourism-campaign-78806.php

Again, did you use it???

No

We used it for over 20 nights.

So I would say yes I do know exactly how it worked and you are talking nonsense, as so many do on this forum

I guess there will always be scammers and people who abuse something 

But overall, hotels weren't raising there prices

My experience is I spoke directly to the hotel and got the same price that were on the hotel booking site, then discounted the 40%

21 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Again, did you use it???

No

We used it for over 20 nights.

So I would say yes I do know exactly how it worked and you are talking nonsense, as so many do on this forum

I guess there will always be scammers and people who abuse something 

But overall, hotels weren't raising there prices

My experience is I spoke directly to the hotel and got the same price that were on the hotel booking site, then discounted the 40%

And there is always the one, who is denying reality, just to keep his view intact. 

You may have just reacted on my first post  and didn't see that I wrote  OFTEN

(wasn't that the campaign which has often seen price rises for these "discounted by Thai taxpayers" rooms?)

And, more important, you probably just jumped on the "defending Thais/Thailand" train, you seem to be on it all the time, without even checking just with google. It was widely reported, last year. Ok, that may not have found the way to Canada, but still, the internet forgets nothing ;-)

So, how comes, that so many TOURISTS to Thailand, in special the ones married to locals and wanna later live here, are so anxious to stay as far away from unpleasant realities, as possible?

1 hour ago, Guest1 said:

And there is always the one, who is denying reality, just to keep his view intact. 

You may have just reacted on my first post  and didn't see that I wrote  OFTEN

(wasn't that the campaign which has often seen price rises for these "discounted by Thai taxpayers" rooms?)

And, more important, you probably just jumped on the "defending Thais/Thailand" train, you seem to be on it all the time, without even checking just with google. It was widely reported, last year. Ok, that may not have found the way to Canada, but still, the internet forgets nothing ;-)

So, how comes, that so many TOURISTS to Thailand, in special the ones married to locals and wanna later live here, are so anxious to stay as far away from unpleasant realities, as possible?

You are just another one of the many miserables on here that post nonsense to bash the place when you have zero experience with using the program

But it so typical of all the miserabels on this forum

Just post nonsense to make yourselfa feel superior for once in your life 

I'm actually not a very rosy type of person, can be quite critical

But I don't deal in nonsense that so many of you spread on this forum

The campaign had four phases, and many businesses in the hospitality industry joined in the hope that the enterprise would help draw more customers.

As reported in the media, each business had to cover the discount given to the customers in advance and then submit documents to claim their money.

So all these hotel owners trusted fully their government and now again, they got another slap in the face with the complete imcompetence of these sad clowns. So when it is not "allegations" of corruption starting at the very top, it is simply pure imcompetence. Now hotel owners in Thailand, you know (if you did not already) whom not to vote for next year.